Congrats to Ohio St. but they sure do play a cupcake schedule

Chessman

EOG Dedicated
Re: Congrats to Ohio St. but they sure do play a cupcake schedule

Agreed, it was gutless for them to schedule the shittiest team on Tobacco Road. Hopefully next year they schedule UNC so they'll have an actual challenge. :yay
What did they "schedule"? This game was dictated by the ACC/Big 10 challenge. Ohio State doesn't schedule any tough teams at home. This has already been amply established.:thumbsup

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Read above. The proper integer is 0.

And PLEASE save yourself the embarrassment of attempting to claim that zero is not in the set of integers. It's a common mistake made by the culturally illiterate.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Murderers' Row: Texas Pan-American, SC Upstate, and Harvey (Hedley Lamar) Korman. :LMAO

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You think I'm going overboard about the Buckeyes. Fine. But have some respect with all of these "Jesus Christ" exclamations. I sure as hell know you wouldn't dare do anything that could remotely be construed as offensive to Jews or to blacks so kindly consider saying any of a hundred other phrases that could convey the message. Of course I'm not obtuse enough not to realize that you enjoy mocking Christianity and thus you do it with exactly that purpose.

You realize that Jesus was Jewish, right?

Jesus Christ.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Ethnically of course. YOU realize he founded Christianity, right?

And what's your point? PLEASE tell me you're not implying that the mere pointing out by me that some religions and groups are protected by political correctness and others are not is "anti-Semitic."

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Courts usually favor women in child custody cases. Is pointing this out a misogynistic statement? :+clueless

tripp

EOG Master

You think I'm going overboard about the Buckeyes. Fine. But have some respect with all of these "Jesus Christ" exclamations. I sure as hell know you wouldn't dare do anything that could remotely be construed as offensive to Jews or to blacks so kindly consider saying any of a hundred other phrases that could convey the message. Of course I'm not obtuse enough not to realize that you enjoy mocking Christianity and thus you do it with exactly that purpose.

Fair enough.

I don't have a problem with you having an opinion on the Buckeyes and their schedule. I obviously disagree with your opinion as I don't think duke is on the same level as Ohio St no matter where they play or who else is on their schedules. My point was simply state your opinion, don't post 20 times in a row in three different threads about the same topic just laughing at others for having a differing opinion.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Jesus Christ.

And you make my point quite stongly. What is even more sadly funny is that you don't realize that you're making my point. You take great delight is bashing Christianity. In fact you go out of your way to mock it as evinced by you just now amending your post to include "Jesus Christ." You relish in what in your mind is "cool" or "cutting edge" which is showing your middle finger to and having no respect for Chrisitians yet your politically correct antennae are hypersensitive for anything that even sniffs of anti-Semitism. You hold the most egregious double standard and it frankly it doesn't become you.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

So your "point" is that Ohio St. scheduled a road game against a decent Kansas team and that makes amends for scheduling nothing but cupcake after cupcake at home? I mean these guys don't even take a chance with playing somebody like Iona at home.

no. not my point at all. you brought osu's schedule into what i said. I highlighted the kansas game just to point out that is a game duke is not going to schedule. I could use ky-nc just as well. Duke wants no part of true road games against non conference opponents. Doesn't mean their over all schedule is weak. Look at my posts, i never stated that either. But Coach K has a theory on why he avoids the situation. I'm asking you as a duke guy, once again, do you know what it is?

OSU was in a sweet spot last night. Rested at home and ready to roll. And they are athletic and duke is... well Rivers is sweet. Great spot and a good team did what they were supposed to do..lower the boom.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Religion is for 2 kinds of people:

1. The misinformed, and those in need (nothing wrong with this)
2. The ones who chose to ignore all the facts who are informed

When did I get mad at anyone for any religious comments? I couldn't care less what anyone says or feels about religion. I personally think all religion is a waste of time. Darwin > Jesus = fact

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

When did I get mad at anyone for any religious comments? I couldn't care less what anyone says or feels about religion. I personally think all religion is a waste of time. Darwin > Jesus = fact
Don't take offense to this but your position is incredibly simplistic. Furthermore your apparent naivete (correct me if I'm wrong but you don't strike me as a guy who has ever studied any serious subject in depth, especially not this one) and simultaneous arrogance strikes me as a rather perverse incongruence. Answer this question and I'll know all I need to know in order to conclude that this discussion will never bear fruit for you: Do you believe that religious faith and science are mutually exclusive? This question is absolutely fundamental. (If you choose to respond, you MUST answer this question as priority number one.) I suspect your answer will be yes and this is the type of naively simplistic thought to which I referred earlier and is THE chief folly committed by atheists. As an aside, you are aware that Einstein and countless other scientists were and are not necessarily atheists, right?

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

1. I never claimed you got "mad" at any such comments.
2. The notation is #2 is awkward at best and the "conclusion" is impossible to prove. Hence a very sloppy use of the word "fact." Check its definition.

P.S.: Darwinism is not universally accepted in the scientific community. Are you aware of this?

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

no. not my point at all. you brought osu's schedule into what i said. I highlighted the kansas game just to point out that is a game duke is not going to schedule. I could use ky-nc just as well. Duke wants no part of true road games against non conference opponents. Doesn't mean their over all schedule is weak. Look at my posts, i never stated that either. But Coach K has a theory on why he avoids the situation. I'm asking you as a duke guy, once again, do you know what it is?

OSU was in a sweet spot last night. Rested at home and ready to roll. And they are athletic and duke is... well Rivers is sweet. Great spot and a good team did what they were supposed to do..lower the boom.

OK, fair enough points.

By the way, is "athletic" a synonym for black guys who jump high? To use a quick example among many ...Are NHL players "athletic"? I would think that they are, without knowing how high they can jump.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Chess I would embarrass you so much on this subject that it's best you move along. I know you enjoy out-speaking your general audience - this is a casual sports betting forum - to sound intelligent, but no one with a clue figure you to be so.

As for your post, I'm not going to get into a religious debate with you. I attended church, on my own, for 15 years to learn that side before making a decision. People like Einstein felt they could be modest and humble when discussing a power as strong as religion. Einstein believed in a philosopher as his "god" per se. I came to the understanding that when I die, my body will rot in the ground and become eventual fertilizer - along with the coffin I lay rest in. That's the logical conclusion - maybe one day I'll chose to discard logic and go with the other side. As my dad says, maybe he is the illogical one by not taking the next to zero (but can't say absolute zero) believing in hopes of being right? I don't like those odds, so I'll live this way... Respectfully.

Jesus Christ is a figure of speech. If it bothers you that much, maybe you're a bit too uptight.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Evolution is widely accepted by every single intelligent scientist. If you argue against evolution itself, you're simply misinformed or ignoring the evidence. Basketball started so have fun bleeding on the keyboard... :LMAO

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Evolution is widely accepted by every single intelligent scientist. If you argue against evolution itself, you're simply misinformed or ignoring the evidence. Basketball started so have fun bleeding on the keyboard... :LMAO
The issue is NOT whether or not "evolution" exists. This shows how simplistic your approach to this subject is. According to you, if evolution exists, this means God cannot exist? :doh1

Embarrass me on this subject? Hardly. Like I suspected, it won't be possible to discuss it with you in any depth because you come to the table with faulty premises. I actually gave you too much credit. You're right...basketball is better. You do have a few sophisticated things to say about that subject.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Oh dear. This bellows "oversimplification!" (And it happens to be factually false. Read more.)

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

And as for the "conclusion" you arrived at after fifteen years: Fine. You're entitled to your feelings. But a wise mathematician once said "Assertion is not evidence." :)

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

By the way, the updated ranking has Duke's schedule #6 and Ohio State's #239. ::LMAO::

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Oh the folly of too much time spent reading essentially frivolous (although I confess to doing it too) material like college basketball magazines and not enough on serious material. Oh sorry, I remember you read a physics article about a month ago. :thumbsup

Would LOVE to see your bookshelves or bookcases if you have any. I suspect voluminous tomes on Walter Payton, Ryne Sandberg (oh dear wrong team I'm sorry), and MJ and maybe a couple of 200 pg. surveys on the philosophers, the great religions, scientific movements, and some history. The standard frosh-soph intro level course material that college kids have to read to fulfill the core curriculum regardless of eventual major. They come out of these intro courses thinking
they can now converse with Kant, Aquinas, and Newton. :LMAO

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Now let's watch these birds play football. :pop:

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Cute jokes comparing God with Santa Claus? I knew you weren't a serious thinker on this subject.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Note to Ohio State: Not the best idea to be in Duke's region in March.:thumbsup

carolinakid

Banned

ohio st will not be around to long come final 4 time..

carolinakid

Banned

teams like ohio st really get a hard on in reg season...lol

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

The only game Ohio St. scheduled that took some balls to play and they got pounded by 11. I told you this team isn't as good as they appeared that night. The cowardly Ohio State should stick to scheduling their non-cons agaianst the likes of Texas Pan-American and West Bubblefuck College. :LMAO

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I was howling :LOL while Kansas was defecating on their heads.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Let's see if I recall my high school work on combining integers:

Kansas 78 Ohio State 67 (- 11)

Duke 68 Kansas 61 (7)

The student is asked to compare Ohio St. ::LMAO:: and Duke in their games against Kansas.

Duke: x

Ohio St.: x - 18

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

OVERRATED as usual.

ONE basketball title in their history and I think it was in 1960. ::LMAO::

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Ohio St. always finds a way to blow the big game.

carolinakid

Banned

come final 4 time the best will rise to the top and ohio st will be long gone imo