What was Pinnacle thinking on Mayweather-Pacquiao....

granted the fight isn't signed but no need to put up a line that is just completely wrong. Mayweather has gone from +110 to -140:LMAO, hopefully this fight actually gets signed and happens this year.

Re: What was Pinnacle thinking on Mayweather-Pacquiao....

'my' line on the fight is Mayweather -150....already have some $$$ on Floyd.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Respect your boxing opinion valdosta, so I ask why the line is "wrong?"

Respect your boxing opinion valdosta, so I ask why the line is "wrong?"

Floyd never should have been the underdog that's absurd. Pacquiao has a few traits that could trouble Floyd but no way he should have been fav.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I love talking about this potential blockbuster fight. It'll definitely be a war... but Pacquiao failed to knockdown the older Marquez in their last fight. I can't see Mayweather going down at all with his impeccable defense. And, he's shown he can take a punch when caught off guard. Mosley hit him with a tremendous uppercut (I think it was) in the 2nd round of their fight, but Mayweather weathered the storm, and put on a boxing clinic.

Pacquaio showed he has trouble with counter-punching, and Floyd is one of the best.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Fuck those cockteasers. It's a joke they still won't fight.

I'd lay -175 on May...

You're probably right, but that's what I made my line right after the Marquez-Pacquiao fight.

BTW, what do you think about the Cotto-Margarito fight this weekend, Valdy?

It's to hard to predict because of Margarito's fucked up looking eye. Not to mention I don't know if the first result happened because he had loaded gloves the first time. Tough fight to call because of uncertainties.

Apple

Banned

valdosta,

Are the chances good this fight will actually happen?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

It's to hard to predict because of Margarito's fucked up looking eye. Not to mention I don't know if the first result happened because he had loaded gloves the first time. Tough fight to call because of uncertainties.

Yes and no. Margarito was taking some shots, even in the latter rounds of the fight, and he kept on coming. So Cotto didn't really hurt him.

It would've been nice to hit the Over (for this fight) sooner.

Yes and no. Margarito was taking some shots, even in the latter rounds of the fight, and he kept on coming. So Cotto didn't really hurt him.

It would've been nice to hit the Over sooner.

Yeah and he busted up Cotto really badly. Funny that Margarito doesn't seem to punch as hard since being caught loading his gloves.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

I think its accurate to say that for a long time mayweather has been actively dodging a Pacquiao fight.It seems as though mayweather does not have as much confidence in his own ability to beat Manny as Glisan and others do.

Floyd never should have been the underdog that's absurd. Pacquiao has a few traits that could trouble Floyd but no way he should have been fav.

I was amazed at how dramatically the public opinion shifted after the Marquez fight...

I can't disagree there.

Margarito is a tough guy and took Cotto's punches I agree with you there. I just question the results that his punches had on Cotto's face considering he got caught loading his gloves the very next fight.

I was amazed at how dramatically the public opinion shifted after the Marquez fight...

Not that surprised. Lots of people thought Pacquiao is an improved fighter after the 2nd JMM fight as he had thrashed everyone since then. The Marquez fight made people rethink that. I have always picked Floyd with a varying degree on how much trouble Pacquiao will give him. Floyd isn't quite as comfortable fighting southpaws as he is with conventional fighters.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Some say Pacquiao didn't take the Marquez fight seriously, and that's why he had trouble, but I don't buy it. Pacquiao and Freddie Roach both said Pacman wanted to destroy Marquez to erase any doubt about their prior bouts.

It's a matter of boxing styles. Pacquiao isn't comfortable against counter-punchers. All the bigger guys he fought just stood there like punching bags. Of course Manny would have a field day with his helter-skelter style.

I think its accurate to say that for a long time mayweather has been actively dodging a Pacquiao fight.It seems as though mayweather does not have as much confidence in his own ability to beat Manny as Glisan and others do.

Really? Floyd got out of Jail until after his next fight and Arum doesn't seem to interested in the fight now lol.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

According to Arum, Poochiao isn't fully healed yet, and won't be ready for the May 5th date. Complete nonsense.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Mayweather never wanted any part of PacMan in 2011...take that to the bank....

It's a shame this fight may never take place...

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

Really? Floyd got out of Jail until after his next fight and Arum doesn't seem to interested in the fight now lol.
yes really.
IMO %100 Mayweather should NOT have been allowed to reschedule his 90 day stay at Hotel downtown Las Vegas.......but
For a long time Mayweather absolutely ducked fighting Manny.Mayweather used the ongoing excuse that he wanted to rewrite the established drug testing rules for a Manny fight because he thought Manny was on PED's.So the bottom line was Mayweather kept avoiding Pacman.
Now Mayweather wants the fight?
Now Mr.Pacquiao wants it later rather than sooner?
So what.
One difference is that for the last couple of YEARS team Pacquiao really wanted the fight at all times, Team Mayweather did not.Perhaps now Team Mayweather have changed their mind.
So the good news is that hopefully the fight will occur.
It seems hypocritical of mayweather to cry foul when their guy was the one doing the dodging for so long.
One more time I am amazed that the Judge let him delay his jail time.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I'm not. Mayweather fights give the strip a good boost.

Arum never wanted the fight to happen anyone who thinks otherwise is gullible.