Dallas -4.5 is good tonight..

tripp

EOG Master
Horrible, god-awful, wanna blow my brains out after watching it push with the Chicago game, but still 5-0 with my last 5 big nfl plays here so hoping this is some good luck (chicago fiasco aside; no eog luck can outdo the horseshoe Tebow has up his ass)

Dallas much better team imo, at home and can all but put away the division tonight. Giants average at best on both offense and defense, Dallas above average on both sides (although don't always show it). I don't see an edge for New York tonight, so 4.5 is a good price even if it was once at 3/3.5.

Line should probably be 6 or 7

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated
Re: Dallas -4.5 is good tonight..

I agree with the side, but in general laying -4.5 right before kickoff when it was -3.5 all week is not a winning formula.

Apple

Banned

GL tripp....

I'm leaving for the night to see my girl but I will root you in brother.

...all three models (not WVU's) are lined up on da G-men...not good for you.

Good scenario to tease the line with tomorrows game in the mix.

[TABLE="width: 651"]
<tbody>

[TD="class: teamCell"]

[TABLE="width: 500"]
<tbody>

[TD="class: dateCell"]12/11/2011 @ 05:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: idCell"]NFL[/TD]
[TD="class: pickCell"]

[131] TOTAL o40-110 (B+10)
(NY GIANTS vrs DALLAS)

[/TD]

[TD="class: dateCell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]12/11/2011 @ 05:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: idCell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]NFL[/TD]
[TD="class: pickCell, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]

[132] DALLAS +5?-110 (B+10)

[/TD]

[TD="class: dateCell"]12/12/2011 @ 05:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: idCell"]NFL[/TD]
[TD="class: pickCell"]

[134] SEATTLE PK-110 (B+10)

[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"][/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"][/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Having a good day today so gambling and laid it on Gmen ML at +200. Honestly don't care for either team but Dallas screws up more then Giants do.

nedrow9

EOG Master

no way id want to carry around a 4.5 lb ball and chain in this one ,look for a low to mid scoring game with both teams wanting to show whos tuffer by being able to run the ball ,tuff div. game and romo blows in 4th q
23-20
totals way high

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'm surprised tripp is recommending Dallas at the current price.

Tim Patterson grabbed Dallas -3 early in the week.

For me, the price determines the bet.

I think Dallas -3 and the Giants +4.5 is/was the way to go.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Yeah I was going to take the points and said fuck it and took the ML.

I'm hoping the Giants score first so I can hop on some Dallas in-game.

We're lost without Tuck's in-game threads.

tripp

EOG Master

I understand and respect this thinking John, but also feel that it is important to cap games independently from where the line has been and focus on where it is now and where it is going.

If I have this line as Dallas -6 or 7, then I think for me personally it would be foolish to pass up -4.5 just because i could have gotten 3 earlier in the week and missed out (I did actually get this at 3.5, but can't recommend a play now on a number that is long gone, and I did put more on 4.5 before gametime).

I don't believe in passing up value on the betting board simply because more value could have been obtained earlier in the week is the basic point of what I'm saying. I know guys like Tim will disagree, but from what I understand that's because they believe 100% in the market and believe that where every line closes is where it should close and both sides have a 50/50 chance from that closer. I don't believe, some lines still will close off imo.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I understand and respect this thinking John, but also feel that it is important to cap games independently from where the line has been and focus on where it is now and where it is going.

If I have this line as Dallas -6 or 7, then I think for me personally it would be foolish to pass up -4.5 just because i could have gotten 3 earlier in the week and missed out (I did actually get this at 3.5, but can't recommend a play now on a number that is long gone, and I did put more on 4.5 before gametime).

I don't believe in passing up value on the betting board simply because more value could have been obtained earlier in the week is the basic point of what I'm saying. I know guys like Tim will disagree, but from what I understand that's because they believe 100% in the market and believe that where every line closes is where it should close and both sides have a 50/50 chance from that closer. I don't believe, some lines still will close off imo.

I hear you, tripp.

But a divisional game against rivals who know one another so well with inconsistent Tony Romo at quarterback, six or seven, really?

Big difference, too, between six and seven.

I'll concede six if you have a monster opinion on the game, but never seven.

Every half-point around three and seven is huge in the NFL.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

SWITCHED TO BOARDWALK EMPIRE WITH BOYS UP BY 12 @ 5 MINUTES LEFT. THOUGHT I AND THE OFFICE HAD AT LEAST WON A NIGHT GAME. HA! JOKE ON ME !!!!!!!!!!