10k contest

Timetopay

EOG Master
Not sure how that started but looks like a nice deal for the guys picked.

Seeing Buskie shipping the full 10k to charity is very classy and this thread is to see if we can get WVU to do the same.

Its the holidays man. Lets give some more to those dogs you love:cheers

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: 10k contest

Do the right thing, WVU.

You're a baller and all, you don't need the 5k.

:cheers

Racer X

EOG Enthusiast

He already stated that a portion of his winnings was going to the Human Fund.

Give the guy a break.

Integrity

EOG Master

i thought wvu said he was gonna hold a 'happy holidays $2,012 to ring in 2012 contest' for all the posters at eog :+clueless

:pop:

WVU

EOG Master

I think $1250 per radio appearance sounds about right. Sorry boys, my wife already has plans for the 5k.

Yes we do...but more importantly no one has the right to tell anyone, including my husband how to spend their money. This is after he wins of course.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

not only would i not give 5K of my winnings, i would've spent $100 to create a bogus non-profit to scam the other 5K.

J

joeybagadonuts

not only would i not give 5K of my winnings, i would've spent $100 to create a bogus non-profit to scam the other 5K.

I actually have a registered 503 (c) California non-profit in case you are looking to give it to a good cause, WVU.

I would be happy to provide you my Tax-ID and any other info you need.

Not joking either.

Yes we do...but more importantly no one has the right to tell anyone, including my husband how to spend their money. This is after he wins of course.

I agree with the Mrs. in that it is their money if he wins. What they decide to do with it is up to them. I can't help but admire Buskie for donating the entire prize, if he were to win. However, WVU can do what he wants, pay bookes, vacation, pay bills, buy a sidecar for his ninja, whatever he choses.

WVU

EOG Master

I actually have a registered 503 (c) California non-profit in case you are looking to give it to a good cause, WVU.

I would be happy to provide you my Tax-ID and any other info you need.

Not joking either.

talk to me. I give to my charity yearly (Broward County Humane Society). I wouldn't be against giving to a different one. Maybe I can start a thread for ideas like I did when I pretended I was going to give Lap's grand to charity.

J

joeybagadonuts

talk to me. I give to my charity yearly (Broward County Humane Society). I wouldn't be against giving to a different one. Maybe I can start a thread for ideas like I did when I pretended I was going to give Lap's grand to charity.

My non-profit is working to get healthier food into schools. We are mostly working in California at this point but I plan to expand it nationally once we start making more headway.

I can provide you additional info via PM if you wish. Either way, glad some charity will benefit even if its not mine.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

My non-profit is working to get healthier food into schools. We are mostly working in California at this point but I plan to expand it nationally once we start making more headway.

I can provide you additional info via PM if you wish. Either way, glad some charity will benefit even if its not mine.

wait until you have kids joey, if you are passionate about this now you will freak out when your kids have to eat the food served in cafeterias. processed everything. good charity you have, keep up the good work.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

My non-profit is working to get healthier food into schools.

i was in Whole Foods last week and the white granola cashier with cornrows asked me to donate a dollar toward putting salad bars in urban schools. i asked the name of the project,and he told me Legumes for Leroys. i'm not sure if it was legit but i had to kick him a sawbuck.

J

joeybagadonuts

wait until you have kids joey, if you are passionate about this now you will freak out when your kids have to eat the food served in cafeterias. processed everything. good charity you have, keep up the good work.

The way I started doing this is beyond odd. The original reason I founded the non-profit had NOTHING to do with food, schools, or even being charitable, when it comes down to it. Lots of changes in my life have had me refocusing my priorities including having a 18 month old nephew who I spend a lot of time with.

The food served in our schools is embarrassingly unhealthy. I'm not the healthiest eater in the world so that is saying a lot. A lot had to do with talking to a young girl who gets personal training from the gym I own. The types of things she told me they served in her cafeteria made me cringe. I started thinking back to my own school days and realized that despite the general populous being much better educated about healthy food choices, the school 'diet' hadn't changed at all and has, imo, gotten much worse.

The hardest part is that multinational corps like Coca Cola and Pepsi Co provide a ton of $ and discounted food. They also own many fast food and pizza places. So guess what, Pizza, fast food, and soda is in almost every school. Young people don't know better and eat what tastes best when given the choice. You can see where this is going.

Anyway, I don't see things getting 'fixed' anything soon, but if I can do anything to change it anywhere, I will be happy.

Integrity

EOG Master

joey the philanthropist!!

done hijacked the thread from ttp/wvu to make it all about him :lol:lol:lol

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I thinking the smartest way to give $5,000 to charity is to chop it up five ways.

Better chance to do more good and less chance your money will go wasted.

I also agree with bookbraker that WVU should feel no pressure to give 100% of the prize to charity.

Integrity

EOG Master

yea seriously

pretty awesome to hear you're involved in something like that though :highfive

WVU

EOG Master

I thinking the smartest way to give $5,000 to charity is to chop it up five ways.

Better chance to do more good and less chance your money will go wasted.

I also agree with bookbraker that WVU should feel no pressure to give 100% of the prize to charity.
If I win is this an option for the 5k? Can I choose multiple charities?

one charity we are considering is The Anorexia and Bulimia Care Society. It doesn't hit home with us we just want to help skinny bitches.