HIGH DRAMA this evening........IOWA shooting for record 84th straight dual meet win against #2 OKLA STATE

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- There have been a lot of W's for the University of Iowa wrestling program since Jan. 5, 2008. That's the last time the Hawkeyes lost a dual meet -- 19-14 -- at home, to Oklahoma State.
Since then, Iowa has gone 82-0-1. A win tonight at Indiana would equal the NCAA record of 84 consecutive dual meets without a loss. It is a record held by Oklahoma State from 1959-66. The Cowboys' streak began with an 18-9 win against Iowa on Feb. 20, 1959, and ended with a 17-12 loss at Oklahoma on Feb. 12, 1966. There were two ties in between: 18-18 at Northern Colorado on Jan. 24, 1963, and 12-12 at Iowa State on Jan. 24, 1964.
Coaching Oklahoma State at the time was Myron Roderick, who passed away at the age of 77 on Dec. 28.
There will be ample talk about "the streak", but most of it will occur outside the Dan Gable Wrestling Complex. UI head coach Tom Brands said the only time he has referenced it was in the offseason. "The last time I mentioned it was last summer, pointing out (to the wrestlers) there is a reason why you have a streak, and that's because you guys are doing a good job and you have to keep doing a good job," Brands said. "It's not important for me. What's important for me is we have 12 to 15,000 fans, and we have to put on a good show. We have to get our guys to realize the job is to wrestle in an entertaining, dominating way, and then good things will happen."

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: HIGH DRAMA this evening........IOWA shooting for record 84th straight dual meet win against #2 OKLA STATE

good run they have had...Minny used to be a bit tougher have fallen off a bit during this iowa streak.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Re: HIGH DRAMA this evening........IOWA shooting for record 84th straight dual meet win against #2 OKLA STATE

good run they have had...Minny used to be a bit tougher have fallen off a bit during this iowa streak.

SARCASTIC comment............but Minny has slipped to #3 in the nation.

bigbet1234

EOG Dedicated

playoffs are on, no?

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Ok St>Iowa

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Ok St>Iowa

What a match!!

Teams finished tied 16-16.......OSU wins on the new TOTAL PTS TIEBREAKER, 54-51.

Happy for OKST and their fans................

WOW!

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

wow what a match

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

wow what a match

Now the gophers can laugh at these dual meets and win another national championship in a few weeks....................

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

we are down to the Lynx and Gopher Wrestling...it sucks..

gottabet

EOG Veteran

carver was sold out 2x today. mens bball vs osu (ohio state) and wrestling vs osu (ok st).

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

carver was sold out 2x today. mens bball vs osu (ohio state) and wrestling vs osu (ok st).

The BB team got smashed and the wrestlers lost a heartbreaker........

Tough times in Iowa City, at least they can look back on their win over Oklahoma in the bowl game.............wait, they lost that also.

WTF?

:doh1

gottabet

EOG Veteran

a tough day, sure... a lot of people were excited about both events.

tough times? please explain why.