Do you believe in GOD, karma etc.?

Do you really think that Tebow's 316 yard passing and 31.6 yards per catch is nothing? Think again , things DO happen for a reason and yes Karma is a bitch. EVERYONE here although they might not admit it, has done something where that karma train steamrolled right over you whether you know it or not. Things absolutely happen for a reason. You call them badbeats but its more than that. Guys I am sure you lost 4 , 5 or 6 games in a row the last minute or seconds in a game. Shit like that doesn't just happen. One ok maybe a fluke, 2 you get a little worried but more than that there is a reason for it whether you know it or not. GOD is playing football through Tebow and I wouldn't bet against GOD in Foxboro. Gambling Gods do exist and they are with Tim Tebow 24/7. Bet against Tebow this week and watch that KARMA TRAIN steamroll right over you. He made me a believer a few weeks ago but against Pittsburgh I became a church man again. All you guys better pray to GOD and ask for strength to forgive not believing in GOD (Tebow), and follow him from here on out.

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Re: Do you believe in GOD, karma etc.?

no such thing as karma

shit happens to everyone sooner or later.

gstarr

EOG Member

i think if you will believe in something or somebody then you will programm yourself that it can help you and some things depends on it.

J

joeybagadonuts

Nope.

Just like I don't believe in Santa, The Easter Bunny, or the Toothfairy.

God, religion, faith, belief are never favorites on gambling message boards. These are, after all, sharp people who can see through it all. They'll tell you.

And then we know that 98% of these "thinkers' lose at their gambling insightful analysis..

LOL. I don't think this is the group you need to solicit serious responses from.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

I do believe in Karma and think that if you do good then good comes back. I went through a period in my life where I was doing a lot of things wrong and I ended up in prison and decided I didn't want that life anymore. Now I try and always do the right thing and life has been much better.

Gambling like life is full of highs and lows no matter how you act, but choices you make does effect outcomes.

As for religion while it's hard for me to accept the whole concept of God I still try and take my son to church and attend myself because I want my son to have higher morals then I do and to try and better myself as well. Churches we go to to tend to preach more on life lessons like how to handle adversity, and to be humble when things are well.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Where is God when a child gets Cancer or Leukemia or any other deadly disease? When a good person gets killed by being at the wrong place at the wrong time? When a woman gets raped or beaten? Wheres your God when things like this happen to people who havent hurt anyone in their life?

Take your God and shove him up your ass!!!!

Where is God when a child gets Cancer or Leukemia or any other deadly disease? When a good person gets killed by being at the wrong place at the wrong time? When a woman gets raped or beaten? Wheres your God when things like this happen to people who havent hurt anyone in their life?

Whether you like it or not, your life is a script. Might be some curve balls or bumps in the road along the way but YOUR LIFE IS ALREADY SCRIPTED FOR YOU OVERALL! You just don't know it. You have a legit beef with the cancer thing and innocent people dying but like I said everything happens for one reason or another. Nobody has answers as to why they do.

This last statement you just posted, I would be a little worried saying something like that, you'll see what happens pal. Just watch and see. I know you'll post nothing happened God is whatever, but watch out. I believe only because years ago I asked GOD for strength to have 2 things happen that would've never happened in a million years and believe it or not don't care but they happened. You just can't ask and it is delivered, but at times funny things do happen even if you are afraid to admit it. Tell me you don't believe in Gambling Gods either?

J

joeybagadonuts

This last statement you just posted, I would be a little worried saying something like that, you'll see what happens pal. Just watch and see. I know you'll post nothing happened God is whatever, but watch out. I believe only because years ago I asked GOD for strength to have 2 things happen that would've never happened in a million years and believe it or not don't care but they happened. You just can't ask and it is delivered, but at times funny things do happen even if you are afraid to admit it. Tell me you don't believe in Gambling Gods either?

:LMAO

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Why would you be worried William? If our life is as scripted as you say, then it really wouldnt matter what I say or write. I am glad that your prayers were answered, and if you believe that it was more than just coincidence, then more power to you.

So let me ask you this, on Christmas Morning 3 girls under 10 died in a house fire in Stamford, CT because on Christmas Eve they wanted to get rid of the fireplace embers so Santa could get down the chimney. The hot embers were not disposed of properly and the house caught fire. One of the little girls died right at her window, trying to get out. Where was your God then? Was he too busy protecting an NFL QB to look out for 3 innocent children? Too many times people want to thank God for the good things that happen to us, yet he isnt held accountable for all the bad things that happen. Seems pretty effing one-sided.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Regardless if you believe or not I always find it funny that on a board of guys looking always for + plays that believing in god aint one of them.

4 options

If you believe and you are wrong nothing happens.

If you believe and u are right you have great news once you are gone.

If you dont believe and you are right nothing happens.

If you dont believe and you are wrong good fucking luck.

Hopefully you advantage non believers can hedge at some point:cheers

J

joeybagadonuts

Regardless if you believe or not I always find it funny that on a board of guys looking always for + plays that believing in god aint one of them.

4 options

That's called "pascals wager" TTP.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

4 options

You forgot the option that says, Lead a good life, treats others well, care for others, raise good kids and see what happens in the end.

I believe that there are 1695 other players on the 32 NFL team rosters, and there's thus plenty of other players to consider when handicapping games. The extremes in perception on this guy this year have tended to make the Broncos good to back in the dog role and good to fade as a favorite. I've seen Billy Kilmer attempt to throw a football, and this guy is no Billy Kilmer. He's just another mid-level young NFL QB with various strengths and weaknesses. Listening to the pundits, I thought I'd see a QB on Sundays with no arms at all and only legs. He actually can complete a pass. I'd rather talk about front-seven matchups any day of the week. We have all this 24/7 media coverage and discussion in the blogosphere, and yet it's just an extremely limited discussion -- around the clock and around the dial -- as to a handful of players.

Timetopay

EOG Master

You forgot the option that says, Lead a good life, treats others well, care for others, raise good kids and see what happens in the end.

nah bud. im not advocating either way and whats wrong or right.

Just saying all these guys talking about the constant edge suprised some dont follow just to hedge the possibility.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Why would you be worried William? If our life is as scripted as you say, then it really wouldnt matter what I say or write. I am glad that your prayers were answered, and if you believe that it was more than just coincidence, then more power to you.

So let me ask you this, on Christmas Morning 3 girls under 10 died in a house fire in Stamford, CT because on Christmas Eve they wanted to get rid of the fireplace embers so Santa could get down the chimney. The hot embers were not disposed of properly and the house caught fire. One of the little girls died right at her window, trying to get out. Where was your God then? Was he too busy protecting an NFL QB to look out for 3 innocent children? Too many times people want to thank God for the good things that happen to us, yet he isnt held accountable for all the bad things that happen. Seems pretty effing one-sided.

nick never holds back, calls them as he sees them

:cheers

WVU

EOG Master

I think it is out of line to ridicule one's beliefs. If you don't agree fine, but no need to knock someone for what they believe in or don't believe in.

J

joeybagadonuts

I think it is out of line to ridicule one's beliefs. If you don't agree fine, but no need to knock someone for what they believe in or don't believe in.

Do you think its out of line for someone to push their beliefs upon others?

cassiusclay

EOG Master

i believe it's time to change that fucking avatar

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Do you think its out of line for someone to push their beliefs upon others?

if we are ever having a conversation and want me to leave this is the perfect thing to bring up.

i have excused myself from more than i can remember religious conversations

one of them i excused myself and when the woman asked why i was leaving i told her i had no interest in discussing religion, she said i was rude and i replied "good christian you are"....she flipped out a little....she made a complete ass of herself and i laughed as i walked away. the mixed drink in her hand was especially funny

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

God caring about a "minor league" sporting event like the NFL

Soccer, sure, but not the NFL :LMAO

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

if we are ever having a conversation and want me to leave this is the perfect thing to bring up.

i have excused myself from more than i can remember religious conversations

one of them i excused myself and when the woman asked why i was leaving i told her i had no interest in discussing religion, she said i was rude and i replied "good christian you are"....she flipped out a little....she made a complete ass of herself and i laughed as i walked away. the mixed drink in her hand was especially funny

Im gonna have to use that line one day CC.

Call it Bullshit, I call it faith. Tebow had help completing those passes to get that 316 avg. of 31.6 per pass. Believe what you want, I might be an asshole in your eyes but I believe what I want. Will I back God (Tebow) in Foxboro, I think I will just sit back and watch what happens. He couldn't script something like that in a million years. Things do happen for a reason. I am sure many people agree with me and those who don't are voicing their opinion, thats cool. You better go to church if you are betting New England this week and make a good case as to why. I'm going to confession my self. Bless me father for I have sinned , it's been 38 years since my last confession.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

William, you are not an asshole in my eyes. People are allowed to disagree.

The funny thing is that many of the Tebow followers say he has God looking over him, but cannot make the correlation that if he needs to have God looking over him then his skills are not really NFL worthy.

J

joeybagadonuts

some would say you are pushing your non beliefs. I see no difference really

You're a logical person in that case.

:cheers

I just find it funny when people have no problem pushing their religion yet when I push my non beliefs it is offensive and I'm a 'heathen'

Shit, my dad's side of the family stopped inviting us to X-Mas because no one in my direct family would attend church. We were heathens in their eyes.

I am NO Tebow follower nor believer, but you have to say the last few weeks with him praying and everything it was kind of weird that the John 3:16 on his face and the 316 yards and 31.6 per pass play came about. A guy who ws touted as a runner who couldn't throw, passed like he was doing it all season long. Someone gave him the strength to do that and it wasn't you, me or his wheaties,lol.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

with those stats he almost seems like a nfl quarterback

who would of thought he might live up to his job description

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

And if you believe he was given strength by a higher power, so be it. I will choose to believe that it had more to do with the Denver game plan. There were 21 others on the field with him. Their actions all had a part in this as well.

Funny thing is New England can be thrown on. Their secondary is not all that. Tebows second coming is coming this weekend, watch out you non believers, like myself,lol.

J

joeybagadonuts

I believe he was 'given strength' from good preparation, practice, and working hard in the weigh room.

:scooter

WVU

EOG Master

does it scare anyone else that Will Lee is typing in italics? :eye:

Integrity

EOG Master

Universal Energy exists...we just gotta figure out what exactly it is, imo

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Universal Energy exists...we just gotta figure out what exactly it is, imo

yes...the earth will bring back to you what you put out into it...especially in gambling..thats why I never cheat or lie when it come to betting...i think the karma payback would be quite harsh