EOG March Madness 2012...Vegas of course

pvcpipe

EOG Master
So far we got myself, Viejo, and joeybags.

Fish and Jeff Jones are locals, and the notorious JK.

JK has graciously offered to buy us all dinner. Who else is in?

Re: EOG March Madness 2012...Vegas of course

Which weekend of the tourney? Or do you just say "fuck it, I'm going on a 3 week Vegas bender"? :houra

brians

EOG Dedicated

Which weekend? I've experienced the Final 4 in Vegas but I'm anxious to get out there for the opening weekend or 3rd/4th rounds.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'm counting on Jack Stewart and Tuck to be there.

Heim is based in Las Vegas, I believe.

Munson15 hinted he may head west in March.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

I'm out there the following weekend. Sweet 16. Mid month sucks for me at work. Internal audits due then. If there any stragglers left beers on me.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Which weekend of the tourney? Or do you just say "fuck it, I'm going on a 3 week Vegas bender"? :houra

i wish.....Opening round...15th through 18th.

like brian, i've been out there for the final four but never the opening round. looking forward to it.

munson15

I want winners...

15th through the 18th is the week I was looking at also. Anyone have a tip on getting a decent room at a reasonable rate? I'm thinking some price gouging may be in order for a popular weekend like that.:+clueless

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

15th through the 18th is the week I was looking at also. Anyone have a tip on getting a decent room at a reasonable rate? I'm thinking some price gouging may be in order for a popular weekend like that.:+clueless

I will hunt around, Mike.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Discreet Cat, jeffksu and bomzee are also based in Las Vegas.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

I live out in Henderson as well but thinking of moving back to San Diego shortly..if I'm still here come March, I'd love to meet up and catch a few games...

count me in...would love to meet up...just tell me when and where?...Munson, do you need to stay on the strip, off strip would be about a third of the price, if you have a rental car...

I think March Madness has got to be the most fun a young guy can have coming to Las Vegas.
I know I did it as a young guy. Don't go crazy with your gambling picks. We aren't impressed. The numbers are gone.

Just don't embarrass us by walking up the Strip singing "Viva Las Vegas" with a three-foot long alcoholic drink.

munson15

I want winners...

count me in...would love to meet up...just tell me when and where?...Munson, do you need to stay on the strip, off strip would be about a third of the price, if you have a rental car...
Jeff it depends on whether I come alone or not. If I bring my girlfriend, I might rather be on the strip and spend more on the room, if not I probably would do whatever is cheaper.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

it's crazy how hotel rooms in Vegas are like commodities. the room i booked in December for March 15th-18th is now $200 more a night.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Don't worry about rooms,I'm sure JK will have a block of rooms reserved for every one at The M.

If not JJ has a lot of pull at The Wild Wild West:btj:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Don't worry about rooms,I'm sure JK will have a block of rooms reserved for every one at The M.

If not JJ has a lot of pull at The Wild Wild West:btj:

I'm guessing sarcasm.

If not, you're overestimating my juice.

carolinakid

Banned

Depending on where Carolina is, looking here to get to vegas during march madness, really want to meet some of you guys.............

J

joeybagadonuts

90% sure I will be there....

Should be a good time. Where are you staying, PVCer?

I'll be at either MGM, Bellagio, or hopefully Venetian depending on what my guy can do for me.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

90% sure I will be there....

Should be a good time. Where are you staying, PVCer?

I'll be at either MGM, Bellagio, or hopefully Venetian depending on what my guy can do for me.

Split a 2 bedroom King Suite at PH with a buddy. They've got about 30 penthouses that you can't book in advance, but can upgrade to on arrival, and for an extra 150/night I'm hoping they'll have some available.

I haven't stayed there since it was The Aladdin, but I've played there since the PH switch and I like the atmosphere. Obviously Venetian/Palazzo ideal b/c of the stadium, it just didn't work out. I looked at Skyloft at MGM but they were booked. A little pricey but they looked like the shit.

Before I catch a bunch of "Big Baller" cracks let me just say I have a 6 month old and never get to leave the fucking house. So when I go on vacation I don't mind spending some extra money to do it the right way.

munson15

I want winners...

I'm guessing sarcasm.

If not, you're overestimating my juice.
Third option, JK, maybe an obscure reference to how Shrink used to run bashes. At any rate, it seems my fears are coming to fruition seeing what Piper said about room rates. Could be staying at some off the strip locale, and riding solo given that info.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Third option, JK, maybe an obscure reference to how Shrink used to run bashes. At any rate, it seems my fears are coming to fruition seeing what Piper said about room rates. Could be staying at some off the strip locale, and riding solo given that info.

For off strip SouthPoint is quality, Munson. Really reasonable rates, and good gamble.

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks, Piper, I'll google that and see what I can come up with. I already have enough miles on my credit card to fly out there.:cheers

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Thanks, Piper, I'll google that and see what I can come up with. I already have enough miles on my credit card to fly out there.:cheers

munson, last year i was out there for 18 hours, got a room at the Hilton, was $25 a night, don't think it gets any cheaper than that.....

munson15

I want winners...

Wow, CC, I wish I was looking at a similar deal. South Point has 90 dollar rooms for the weekend in question, and I'm sure the Hilton would be expensive for March Madness. Maybe I should check Hooters, they are just off the strip and was pretty cheap last time out there.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

For off strip SouthPoint is quality, Munson. Really reasonable rates, and good gamble.

Rooms are fantastic

Anyone staying there, may be able to offer them a ride on occassions to the strip............time permittiing.

Also, plenty of free drinks and as always, FREE gaming advice.

F "ROBINHOOD" H-