For all those who say Mayweather continues to duck Pacquiao

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Article @ ESPN.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., who for the past two weeks has been relentlessly calling for fellow welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao to fight him on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, raised the chase to a new level on Wednesday night -- he called Pacquiao on the telephone and spoke directly with him in the Philippines.

"They spoke," Leonard Ellerbe, one of Mayweather's advisers, told ESPN.com on Thursday.
However, Ellerbe would not go into the particulars of the call -- what was said or how long they spoke.
"Floyd called him last night and the context of the conversation is between the two of them," said Ellerbe, who said Mayweather told him the specifics after making the call but did not want Ellerbe to go into details.

However, in an interview with a Filipino television network, Pacquiao also said that they spoke and that it was about making the fight and doing it on a 50-50 purse split.
Their proposed showdown looms as the richest fight in boxing history if it takes place while both are universally considered the two best fighters in the world.
Ellerbe said Mayweather placed the call from Las Vegas, where he lives, to the Philippines, where Pacquiao lives and serves as a member of Congress.

"I can't say what exactly was said but I know," Ellerbe said. "But Floyd wants to fight Manny Pacquiao on May 5 and he went as far as to reach out to Manny Pacquiao personally last night. Floyd has shown more than a willingness to get this fight done and this is really, really what he wants to do and what he wants to give to the fight fans."
Ellerbe said he was unsure how Mayweather obtained Pacquiao's direct line but added, "I'm sure that's not hard to get or find out because there have been members of Manny Pacquiao's camp who have reached out to me and other members of our team in the past. It wouldn't be that hard."

It has not been a secret that Mayweather has spoken multiple times with Michael Koncz, Pacquiao's adviser, in recent weeks.
Mayweather is insisting on May 5 because he is due to serve an 87-day jail sentence at the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas after a plea deal on domestic violence charges.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: For all those who say Mayweather continues to duck Pacquiao

Mayweather-Pacquaio would be a financial windfall for both fighters and Las Vegas.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Mayweather-Pacquaio would be a financial windfall for both fighters and Las Vegas.

It'll be the biggest fight ever. Judge won't mind further delaying Floyd's jail time if the fight happens later than May 5th.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

If I was PacMan, I would tell Mayweather to serve his sentence and then fight when he gets out...they would have fought already if pretty boy didn't bitch about the drug testing requirements...

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

If I was PacMan, I would tell Mayweather to serve his sentence and then fight when he gets out...they would have fought already if pretty boy didn't bitch about the drug testing requirements...

:LMAO

You guys can never give Mayweather any credit.

He's right- he can never do anything right. If he doesn't make the call- he's a chicken. If he does- he should've done it earlier.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Bottomline...this is a fight that should have happened last year.....shame that it might never come off....

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Mayweather fans are so ridiculous sometimes.

I have yet to hear one good reason why Mayweather can't do 50-50. Good for Pacquiao for say thanks but no thanks, considering Mayweather needs him a hell of a lot more than Pacman needs him. Would be hilarious if Pacman just said to the media 'no thanks, I'll just be content with my life and watch Mayweather go broke in 5-10 years.'

KR you are on the Mayweather bandwagon, tell us why 50-50 is so unacceptable and why Mayweather didn't give Pacman a reason on the call. And why you as a fan think 50-50 is so unacceptable that you think the article above actually makes it seem like Mayweather's not ducking him.

I am on the Mayweather bandwagon- jumped on after the Pacquiao-Marquez fight. Come aboard before it's too late!

And I don't think 50-50 is unacceptable... but the bigger draw is Mayweather. PPV numbers prove it.

:cheers

And I don't think 50-50 is unacceptable... but the bigger draw is Mayweather. PPV numbers prove it.

Maybe in the past but Pac's current drawing power is as good as Floyd's to be honest. It should be a 50/50 split.

J

joeybagadonuts

Count me in on the Money Mayweather Bandwagon.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Mayweather's old lady wouldn't go for 60/40.....50/50 is fair.....

How much money do you need while you rot in prison?.....

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Bob Arum is trash. If the Mayweather fight doesn't happen, he's going to have Pacquiao fight June 9th in a rematch against Cotto. Who the hell wants to see that?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Bob Arum is trash. If the Mayweather fight doesn't happen, he's going to have Pacquiao fight June 9th in a rematch against Cotto. Who the hell wants to see that?

Mayweather from his cell....

I hope Pac doesn't fight Cotto....

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Cotto was completely overmatched in their first fight. Why would anyone want to pay $60 to watch another trashing?

And you know they're going to be fighting at 147, LOL

waco

EOG Dedicated

Pacman should make him wait. maybe 2 years. Who the hell is he to make all the calls. He an attention whore and we all know this. Go to jail you fuching women beater