My Friday blog

tripp

EOG Master
Re: My Friday blog

Good read. Looking forward to the show tonight. I was impressed with Simons last week (as well as dsethi, but I already knew about and was impressed with him well before the show)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Of course he is, get his fat ass in here for a 3 for 3 thread then and let's see what he has got.

Netto said last night he likes in-game betting more than the standard 11-10 pregame stuff.

I'll post Netto's favorite Super Bowl props next week.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Good read. Looking forward to the show tonight. I was impressed with Simons last week (as well as dsethi, but I already knew about and was impressed with him well before the show)

Thanks for the note, tripp.

Simons is thoughtful and experienced.

His best bet (Florida State +6.5 over North Carolina) turned out to be easiest winner on a big Saturday card.

tripp

EOG Master

Florida St catching 6.5 in that game might be the easiest winner you will find all season.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

The Spurs sure turned in a stinker.....this shortened season has gamblers confused at times...

Get them next time JK....

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I have a question JK. I know you are a smart guy and respect your selections greatly. That leads me to my question as to how we know if you are potentially forcing a play or not on your blog. I haven't read them all that often, especially during football season when I was too busy to be on here much. Do you ever pass if you don't deem a play worthy or will you just go ahead and force one anyway even if not a strong play, and do you differentiate that to the viewer ever or are they all just the same? Thanks and good luck.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for the question, royalfan.

I usually offer a play a day during basketball and baseball seasons when I'll be betting approximately 100 plays over a one-month period.

For instance, I bet nine games for equal amounts from tomorrow's NCAAB card but I will not release any of the games here at EOG (I take that back, I'll release my best bet).

As for grading published selections (1 weight, 2 weight, and so on), I rarely do it.

In my personal betting, I'll occasionally make a 1.5-unit or 2-unit wager.

However, for the most part, I consider myself a grinder.

I'll be content with a 5-4 record tomorrow as long as Syracuse (a 2-unit play) beats Notre Dame by double digits.

munson15

I want winners...

In the absence of a blog, I'll consider Syracuse a play on my JK ledger. Thanks and GL, JK.:cheers

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Fab Mello out for the Cuse. Just a heads up in case that affects your thinking and you want to bail out of your play. I personally haven't seen enough of Syracuse yet to know how much it matters, but just giving you a heads up.

Heim

EOG Master

Dedicated to JK & his selections lately:

[video=youtube;xEkB-VQviLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkB-VQviLI[/video]

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser....95% of gamblers are very competitive...we just get more mellow as we get older....JK ain't old enough yet to mellow out....he is a fierce competitor....