Wantitall4moi about the Lakers.....

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
About your post....

Nah at best I see a 6, but could be as low as 9 or 10. I think they, Denver, memphis, Portland, Golden State, Houston, and maybe even the team everyone left for dead Minnesota will be fighting it out in the bottom tier.

I think (in order) ...(X) being conference winner.

Oklahoma(X)
Clippers(X)
San Antonio(X)
Dallas

Will be the top 4 seeds. Then Maybe Denver a clear second 'wild card' behind Dallas. Then the others looking to be anywhere from 6-10. So you'll have Lakers, Memphis, Portland, Golden St, Houston (big dark horse) and Minn(another dark horse) fighting it out for the last 3 spots. I really think in a 66 game season 1-3 games will separate these teams and if Lakers get a couple 'bad' beats they wont make it., If Bynum, Kobe, or gasol get hurt or suspended or miss more than a few games there is no way in hell they make it.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Wantitall4moi about the Lakers.....

Lakers are 2-2 but clearly should be 3-1. No way should they have lost that game against the Bulls. They are starting to look better and despite the attacks of how bad Mike Brown is...that just is not true. They need to get healthy and stay healthy and will be a good team. Kobe is still scary good and the leader.

We will see Knicks just arentt hat good, I gave them too much credit in that game as they have talent. More talent than the Lakers actually. But Lakers made shots. Similar to how San Antonio made shots versus the Clippers. SA didnt hit their shots last night and got blown out by Houston, so is Houston 40 points better than the Clippers? When teams shoot 70+% no one is goping to beat them. Refs did all they could and I am sure Knicks will win more of those types of games than not. Refs just blew whistle after whistle on Lakers all night still didnt matter, they made their shots. Lakers arent going to hit 70% every night obviously nor are their opponents going to shoot 30% every night. Good game by Lakers bad game from Knicks.

Lakers benefit from playing in a shitty conference. But I still say GS is better than them, especially if Curry is Healthy. Clippers also better than they are.

Lakers have a front end friendly schedule. So a couple observations can be made. They either gel and are ready to fight down the stretch in that last month, or they really start to show their age and break down due to the schedule being so condensed. I figure the latter. That last month for them is brutal.

Getting Bynum back, is this guy really that great? He has how many years in the league? How many games can you point to and cite his greatness (from memory). Just because he is a 'true' center he gets these accolades by default, simply because there are no 'true' centers anymore. Like Dwight Howard. Is Howard really that good or does he benefit from lack of competition? Shaq in his prime even half trying like he did would have owned Dwight Howard. But since Howard is the only guy that commits to that position and plays it 'professionally' and not part time has an advantage. Sure he is good, but IMO he isnt THAT good.

We will see more from the lakers coming up, just like other teams. Kobe is beat to shit and no amount of nazi mumbo jumbo is going to keep him at a high level of play. IMO he is hurting the team more than helping right now. Especially down the road if he hurts himself so much that that wrist is a chronic issue until he retires. Is beating the Knick or the Jazz worth the rest of his career or future viability?

Lakers are at .500 right where I think they will end the season. Or somewhere there abouts I figure 31-35. Will that be enough to get them in the play offs? I am not too sure. I think a few of those teams will be at 30 wins along with the Lakers and it will be a matter of tie breakers in some cases this year.

Too early to tell itsthe NBA anything can happen. You say Lakers could be 3-1, well OKC could be 1-3 would you be claiming OKC wasnt the top team in the west even with that start? You can play the woulda coulda shoulda game all day, after 4 games you cant really draw many conclusions from records. I made my claims based on what I see from them. Streaks and short term results arent enough to make me change my mind.

commit or convicted? I commited more than a few got convictedon one, the one I didnt do.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

31-35 wins? I do not see it that way. BYnam is not that great but he is an athletic 7 fter along with Gasol. THey got to stay healthy...agree it is close and very fragile situation but I think they are better than you think. Time will tell and love the discussion. I cannot believe I am supporting the Fakers in any way. LOL.

no a record of 31-35 , could be as high as 33, and as low as 25. Their schedule is tha volatile. In a 'normal' year 5 or 6 wins might not be a huge deal but in a shortened season it makes a huge difference, especially when other teams are good enough to get some 'flukey' wins.

Denver was supposed to stink (to a lot of people) theyre 2-1 getting beat by a 3-0 team in Portland that was supposed to be so-so. GS another team I liked a little bit is 2-1. New Orleans was supposed to be horrid, theyre 2-0 Dallas a team that everyone loved is 0-3, but will they stay bad? Clippers are 1-1 and a dog tonight (I think they win) but if they dont a team I like to win the conf will be 1-2. Are they better than the Lakers over 66 games? I say definitely. memphis is also 0-2, I liked them in the mix but is 0-2 much worse than 2-2? Somewhat I guess but if hey go 2-0 it is the same. Theyre probably not good enough to overcome what Dallas is looking at. But Like I say I dont like to get caught up in short term results.

But to me there are already 6 teams I liked better than the Lakers with a slight heads up on them record wise. There are 2 other teams I like much better that are worse or around the same as the Lakers are.

We wont know until second or third week of Jan prob, and if any injuries happen it will help a team like LA unless they get an injury. basically the margin for error for the Lakers is non existent. While in the past guys could take time off miss games due to fake injuries, play half assed for nearly half the games. This team needs everyone to play hard all year, that catches up with you.

I hope they do stay healthy and in tact that makes it more valid. because if someone gets hurt and they go 20-46 it isnt really a big prediction.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

no a record of 31-35 , could be as high as 33, and as low as 25. Their schedule is tha volatile. In a 'normal' year 5 or 6 wins might not be a huge deal but in a shortened season it makes a huge difference, especially when other teams are good enough to get some 'flukey' wins.

Denver was supposed to stink (to a lot of people) theyre 2-1 getting beat by a 3-0 team in Portland that was supposed to be so-so. GS another team I liked a little bit is 2-1. New Orleans was supposed to be horrid, theyre 2-0 Dallas a team that everyone loved is 0-3, but will they stay bad? Clippers are 1-1 and a dog tonight (I think they win) but if they dont a team I like to win the conf will be 1-2. Are they better than the Lakers over 66 games? I say definitely. memphis is also 0-2, I liked them in the mix but is 0-2 much worse than 2-2? Somewhat I guess but if hey go 2-0 it is the same. Theyre probably not good enough to overcome what Dallas is looking at. But Like I say I dont like to get caught up in short term results.

But to me there are already 6 teams I liked better than the Lakers with a slight heads up on them record wise. There are 2 other teams I like much better that are worse or around the same as the Lakers are.

We wont know until second or third week of Jan prob, and if any injuries happen it will help a team like LA unless they get an injury. basically the margin for error for the Lakers is non existent. While in the past guys could take time off miss games due to fake injuries, play half assed for nearly half the games. This team needs everyone to play hard all year, that catches up with you.

I hope they do stay healthy and in tact that makes it more valid. because if someone gets hurt and they go 20-46 it isnt really a big prediction.

Ok Makes some sense dude. I like your points. See I do it WITHOUT analyzing the other teams as much because it gets so confusing or misleading (but yes doing that helps a lot too). If this team plays good basketball, remains healthy, have Kobe be Kobe, have Brown getting them to play good Defense, they can be better than 500 and in the top 4. They shot horrid against Sac but aside from that have had a little swagger in their game at times. THey should get better with coach implementing his system and getting Bynum back. OF course like you say their is a real fine line especially with shortened season. Good points and thanks.

I do agree if you look at the other teams it looks worse for the Lakers. You touched upon many of the reasons adn how good many of the West teams might be. We will see.

this will be the year where 'parrity' wil be non existent I think the short season will highlight the disparities, especially in the west.

Sac is an 18 or so win team, utah make 15 could be as low as 10. Pho even with nash might be a 15 win team, no more than 18. Then prob minn even though people like them are the team next to the lakers that could be so-so or really bad. so 22 wins for them maybe? Then you have Houston (I thnk theyre good, others see 20 wins at most)

On the other side you have Okc, they might hav 50 wins in a 66 game season, San Antonio as well depending on if they lose Ginobli again or people get worn down. BUt 52 wins is possible for them experience matters. Clippers, I think 48 wins for them. Dallas, 45 or so depending on how they come together, they could be a massive failure if they fall apart late and sell of everything to continue to make cap space. Golden St I thik 40 wins easy f Curry is back and close to healthy. Denver 35 or so maybe. Portland prob around 33 to 35. So right there I think those teams are better than what the Lakers can look for, so that leaves the lakers fighting it out with Houston, memphis, the like I say Minn who could be 20-46 or all the way up to 30-46 hthyere the one team you cant get a handle on, they play great for 45 minutes but cant finish, and Love is insane if they ever learn to finish they could be dangerous.

Lakers have talent but ALL of that talent has question marks. People can blow Koe all they want he is 33 playing on 38 year old legs, he has multiple injuries and is going to be looking for help and pull a "kobe' if they start looking like shit. Gasol is no automatic, he can look awesome or he can look like shit, so even tho he is probably their most consistent player right now he has seriously bad moments. Bynum, guy is made of glass, the odds of him missing games due to injury are better than 50/50. Even if he is healthy he is a mental midget. Then you have Artest this guy is a walking time bomb. Changing his name doesnt change the fact the guy is one thrown cup away from an assault charge. With no Phil jackson and a potentially bad season its prime time for him to snap and lose his mind.

Then you have he rest of the misfits, a bunch of white stiffs who cant play a lick. You have a couple guys who can make wide open 3's and a couple guys who can get a rebound now and then, but most guys couldnt pick them out of aline up.

The one single place where lakers can make themselves a little better is if they can buy into and execute the defensive plan Brown is trying to install. But generally defense is the first hing to break down when you are losing. Def is easy when youre winning (for the most part) but if you have to put effort into both it means a break down in defense first.

No I dont like the Lakers, and I am thrilled that they will be a team this year that will struggle, but IMO it is just the start of the decline of them. They went through it for a decade after magic retired, then just got lucky with a couple good trades and a couple gifts from ex lakers to make them what they have been since 2000. Being a Clipper guy it just makes it sweeter thatthey might be the new version of the Lakers...a nice core of hme grown players, a couple free agents, and the potential to have guys looking to go play there and for less money than they might somewhere else. I just wish they had a better coach, and a better owner. But you cant have it all I guess. Even thugh the Lakers did for a lot of years.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

this will be the year where 'parrity' wil be non existent I think the short season will highlight the disparities, especially in the west.

Sac is an 18 or so win team, utah make 15 could be as low as 10. Pho even with nash might be a 15 win team, no more than 18. Then prob minn even though people like them are the team next to the lakers that could be so-so or really bad. so 22 wins for them maybe? Then you have Houston (I thnk theyre good, others see 20 wins at most)

On the other side you have Okc, they might hav 50 wins in a 66 game season, San Antonio as well depending on if they lose Ginobli again or people get worn down. BUt 52 wins is possible for them experience matters. Clippers, I think 48 wins for them. Dallas, 45 or so depending on how they come together, they could be a massive failure if they fall apart late and sell of everything to continue to make cap space. Golden St I thik 40 wins easy f Curry is back and close to healthy. Denver 35 or so maybe. Portland prob around 33 to 35. So right there I think those teams are better than what the Lakers can look for, so that leaves the lakers fighting it out with Houston, memphis, the like I say Minn who could be 20-46 or all the way up to 30-46 hthyere the one team you cant get a handle on, they play great for 45 minutes but cant finish, and Love is insane if they ever learn to finish they could be dangerous.

Lakers have talent but ALL of that talent has question marks. People can blow Koe all they want he is 33 playing on 38 year old legs, he has multiple injuries and is going to be looking for help and pull a "kobe' if they start looking like shit. Gasol is no automatic, he can look awesome or he can look like shit, so even tho he is probably their most consistent player right now he has seriously bad moments. Bynum, guy is made of glass, the odds of him missing games due to injury are better than 50/50. Even if he is healthy he is a mental midget. Then you have Artest this guy is a walking time bomb. Changing his name doesnt change the fact the guy is one thrown cup away from an assault charge. With no Phil jackson and a potentially bad season its prime time for him to snap and lose his mind.

Then you have he rest of the misfits, a bunch of white stiffs who cant play a lick. You have a couple guys who can make wide open 3's and a couple guys who can get a rebound now and then, but most guys couldnt pick them out of aline up.

The one single place where lakers can make themselves a little better is if they can buy into and execute the defensive plan Brown is trying to install. But generally defense is the first hing to break down when you are losing. Def is easy when youre winning (for the most part) but if you have to put effort into both it means a break down in defense first.

No I dont like the Lakers, and I am thrilled that they will be a team this year that will struggle, but IMO it is just the start of the decline of them. They went through it for a decade after magic retired, then just got lucky with a couple good trades and a couple gifts from ex lakers to make them what they have been since 2000. Being a Clipper guy it just makes it sweeter thatthey might be the new version of the Lakers...a nice core of hme grown players, a couple free agents, and the potential to have guys looking to go play there and for less money than they might somewhere else. I just wish they had a better coach, and a better owner. But you cant have it all I guess. Even thugh the Lakers did for a lot of years.

A couple of points on Kobe. You are right. WHen things go wrong he is a problem child. HE has been good/lucky enough to usually be on real good teams. I will never forget in game 7 a couple of years ago when the Celtics were up like 17, he threw a short tantrum at Gasol because of his defensive rotation but mainly because it looked like they were going to lose. It was awful but they came back and won. Yeah if things go bad he will cause problems. WIth that being said he is still one of the top 5 players in the league. Even last night that entire NY defense caved in on him and he got that stiff Blake a few open shots and a few other teammates as well. He is capable of carrying that offense if a few guys and play their roles. IS he ever NOT injured? The Lakers do look thin however. Like you say a lot of mediocre players and stiffs. Gasol has regressed a little as well.

Denver looks great and have a great coach but can only go so far without a superstar. Minn has a lot of talent but probably too young. Rookie Williams looks great tonight, Love is a beast and Rubio is a good PG. Young teams rarely win in the NBA. Ok city is good but there is serious friction on that team. Westbrook does not get it. Clips have never won so that team will be interesting to watch.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Lakers beat Denver to go to 3-2. They got very very very lucky here but maybe this makes up for the Bulls game in which they should have won. Still have only played 1 road game which will be much harder. Kobe did not play that well. He needs to be the best. Bynum was back and was good. Peace.

Lakers beat Denver to go to 3-2. They got very very very lucky here but maybe this makes up for the Bulls game in which they should have won. Still have only played 1 road game which will be much harder. Kobe did not play that well. He needs to be the best. Bynum was back and was good. Peace.

yup gift there so theyre even on the 'bad' beat front. Like I say they have a front end favorable schedule. So I would expect them to be better than 500 going into the last month, that will be their real challenge, they may only win 2 of their last 12 games.But I did expect them to lose today Bynum played out of his mind, which like I also said he is capable of, chances he does it in 60 more games arent that good.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

YEs, Wantitall, I can't see the Lakers being good on the road. But they are experienced and that counts. I am impressed with Minn as well and Williams and Rubio for 2 look pretty good....but they are too young and youth never wins in the NBA. It will be interesting to see how the Lakers do. They got Denver tomorrow in Denver and I gotta think Denver will beat them, That line has got to rise I would think? I sawe 2.5 and 3 and that is too low? Denver wins and by 10+.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Kobe was as bad as I have ever seen him. He blew it for the Fakers as they were up with a couple of mintes to go. He couldn't hit a thing and made turnovers. He shot 6-28. Winnable game that Kobe blew.

Apple

Banned

YEs, Wantitall, I can't see the Lakers being good on the road. But they are experienced and that counts. I am impressed with Minn as well and Williams and Rubio for 2 look pretty good....but they are too young and youth never wins in the NBA. It will be interesting to see how the Lakers do. They got Denver tomorrow in Denver and I gotta think Denver will beat them, That line has got to rise I would think? I sawe 2.5 and 3 and that is too low? Denver wins and by 10+.

OKC and MEM went pretty far last season..

cheapseats

EOG Master

hey, who in the hell is that asian lady kobe has been taking to behind the bench, she is and older woman, seems like a shrink of sorts

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

And 2 years ago OK city REALLY pushed the Fakers to the limit and almost beat them. It was a WAR. But they learned and continued to learn last year and Westbrook has a few issues. If they put it all together this team is tough. It takes a few years and this team may get there yet. Memphis has some young athletes as well. they had a nice playoff run but not sure they can continue that and win say top 4 in West.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Lakers play no D

You can see that Coach Brown is worthless already

:pop:

HT, starting to see why people are irritated with you around these parts. Just relax and take a few deep breaths and realize their is a middle ground. Show some respect and be fair minded and things will be ok.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Kobe has 37 last night after a TERRIBLE game against Denver the other day. Bynam is turning into a BEAST and had 20/20 I believe. If he stays healthy and Gasol gets more consistent it will help the Lakers. Kobe has been insconsistent but it is still early.

Heim

EOG Master

HT, starting to see why people are irritated with you around these parts. Just relax and take a few deep breaths and realize their is a middle ground. Show some respect and be fair minded and things will be ok.

lmao

at least he has a history of possessing a clue.....OTOH you, a east coast
stiff, come in here with some ESPN blogs making generic comments
about the Lakers and Chargers......why don't you post something gaming
related like how to make it look like noone is home when they come to
collect....that you have an expertise in.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Lakers 4-3 with Bynum emerging! CAN he stay healthy is the question? Lakers role players play much better at home it seems. Fakers are at Portland tonight which will be a little harder. Think their schedule gets harder late in the year as Wantitall has stated. I think they can be above 500 but very much up in the air.

too early but theyre just not that good theyll probably get their doors blown off tonight, but they get a reprieve as they have a bunch of home games against trash teams and might get to 8-6 and fans will be losing their minds imagine until the clippers blow them out next saturday and start a stretch where they can conceivably go 0-8, 3-5 is what I would expect. But that is still 11-11 but it is also a third of the way through the season. Like I said at SBR if they finish Jan above 500 I would consider it a positive thing.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Wantit...your analysis was right on EXCEPT one factor that is HUGE. Not sure you mentioned the Kobe factor. The guy is one of the greatest players in history. He has to be top 10 all time and just leave it at that. The guy has scrubs on the floor with him and he is getting guys like Blake (who is a bum) open Jump shots and controlling the game scoring over 40 the last few games. He is a very special player. In the Olympics when Spain cut the lead to 6 late in the game and had all the "Mo" in the world, it was Bryant who wanted and NAILED a couple of threes. The guy has ice in his veins. Bynam is playing well and Gasol is decent but after that, they have a lot of marginal players. It is Bryant who is leading this team to an 8-4 record. Way to early and not sure what will happen, but Bryant is the difference and the reason this team is 8-4.

High Times

EOG Master

The only problem there is that the Lakers have played 2 good teams so far and lost to both of them. They have beaten a bunch of bad teams and had trouble doing that.

If Gasol doesn't play at a high level this Laker team has no chance to finish higher than 7th or 8th in the west.

Kobe is great, but let's not get carried away. Every time he tries to BE THE MAN the Lakers do NOT win. He is no Jordan ..... Not close

:pop:

Kobe needs to score 40 and 50 to beat two teams that wont win 25 games this year.

Kobe is playing out of his mind, and the team is eventually going to suffer because Kobe hasnt shot better than 40% in a year for his career so he will tail off eventually then you will see the bottom fall out. Most likely it wil happen when they atrt playing some legit teams, which startsthis weekend. They could conceivably go 1-7 these next few games They should obviously beat Cle then they have to play the Clippers twice, Mia and Orl on the orad, Indiana at home which is more than liley a loss, as well as Dallas at home and Dallas is playing very well.

Kobe is personally responsible for at least 3 of those wins. But to be honest I only thought they would have lost one of them anyway (last night at Utah) So they needed those types of efforts to even get over these teams that arent really that good. I figured when they started their 'tough' stretch against the Clippers they would be 8-5. More than likely they'll be 9-4. So if they go 1-5 or 0-6 that drops them right down to the level of the bottom feeders again. Around 10-9 or 9-10. At best I think they are looking at 11-8. Which for all intents and purposes would be a good record for them, and better than I would have thought. even those last 3 games @ Mil and @ Min arent automatic wins either. Home to charlotte will be a nice reprieve I am sure.

I just cant see Kobe sustaining this. Unless he is, as I said somewhere shooting up on roids and all sorts of things. Which isnt beyond the realm of possibility considering the turn around he has had after the first couple games.

Lakers have been very lucky with their early schedule I said that. I said they would look pretty good early, but now is the time of reckoning for them. If they start Feb 14-8 I might hedge off them being horrible. But that would require a lot of things falling into place, I just dont see it. They would have to have 'perfect' games and have their opponents lay eggs for that to happen. Could it happen? I suppose. But I think it is highly unlikely. But even if they do get by with that they start Feb with 6 straight road games. Which will either add to their fall or possibly be the thing that really exposes them. Then they get a couple home games then 3 more tough road games.

Lakers havent played any good teams yet. Really. They should be beating these teams they have beaten thus far because those teams are clear bottom feeders. With the exception of Golden St but a beat up golden St team in the Staples center still should be a win.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Kobe needs to score 40 and 50 to beat two teams that wont win 25 games this year.

Kobe is playing out of his mind, and the team is eventually going to suffer because Kobe hasnt shot better than 40% in a year for his career so he will tail off eventually then you will see the bottom fall out. Most likely it wil happen when they atrt playing some legit teams, which startsthis weekend. They could conceivably go 1-7 these next few games They should obviously beat Cle then they have to play the Clippers twice, Mia and Orl on the orad, Indiana at home which is more than liley a loss, as well as Dallas at home and Dallas is playing very well.

Kobe is personally responsible for at least 3 of those wins. But to be honest I only thought they would have lost one of them anyway (last night at Utah) So they needed those types of efforts to even get over these teams that arent really that good. I figured when they started their 'tough' stretch against the Clippers they would be 8-5. More than likely they'll be 9-4. So if they go 1-5 or 0-6 that drops them right down to the level of the bottom feeders again. Around 10-9 or 9-10. At best I think they are looking at 11-8. Which for all intents and purposes would be a good record for them, and better than I would have thought. even those last 3 games @ Mil and @ Min arent automatic wins either. Home to charlotte will be a nice reprieve I am sure.

I just cant see Kobe sustaining this. Unless he is, as I said somewhere shooting up on roids and all sorts of things. Which isnt beyond the realm of possibility considering the turn around he has had after the first couple games.

Lakers have been very lucky with their early schedule I said that. I said they would look pretty good early, but now is the time of reckoning for them. If they start Feb 14-8 I might hedge off them being horrible. But that would require a lot of things falling into place, I just dont see it. They would have to have 'perfect' games and have their opponents lay eggs for that to happen. Could it happen? I suppose. But I think it is highly unlikely. But even if they do get by with that they start Feb with 6 straight road games. Which will either add to their fall or possibly be the thing that really exposes them. Then they get a couple home games then 3 more tough road games.

Lakers havent played any good teams yet. Really. They should be beating these teams they have beaten thus far because those teams are clear bottom feeders. With the exception of Golden St but a beat up golden St team in the Staples center still should be a win.

Good stuff Wantitall. THey also have played more home games and road games, ANY road game in the NBA is hard. The extra few road games will be hard. The roster is pretty weak. Bynum has been terrific and Gasol decent but there is a lot of baggage on this team. It is unlikely Kobe can keep this up but it is unreal watching him all by himself lead this team. He knows how to win as well vs say MInn that is talented but young team and it takes time. The next handful of games as you mentioned will be tough for sure.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Wantit...your analysis was right on EXCEPT one factor that is HUGE. Not sure you mentioned the Kobe factor. The guy is one of the greatest players in history. He has to be top 10 all time and just leave it at that. The guy has scrubs on the floor with him and he is getting guys like Blake (who is a bum) open Jump shots and controlling the game scoring over 40 the last few games. He is a very special player. In the Olympics when Spain cut the lead to 6 late in the game and had all the "Mo" in the world, it was Bryant who wanted and NAILED a couple of threes. The guy has ice in his veins. Bynam is playing well and Gasol is decent but after that, they have a lot of marginal players. It is Bryant who is leading this team to an 8-4 record. Way to early and not sure what will happen, but Bryant is the difference and the reason this team is 8-4.

One of your best ever posts. 100% true.

Last night was the beginning of the end for the fakers. Especially if they let kobe keep jacking up 40 shots a night.

Lakers next 8 games...

home to Dallas loss more than likely
Road Miami loss
Road Orlando loss
Home Indiana loss more than likely
Clippers loss
Road Mil win
Road Minn toss up I say loss
home charlotte win

so 3 definite losses, 2 definite wins and 3 games that could go either way but I think at least 2 are losses. so thats 3-5 maybe 2-6. Possibly 4-4. I would say 4-4 is a positive in that situation. THEN in February you have 6 road games. If they can somehow beat Utah again then theyre looking to be 3-3 thats giving them a win at Boston, which is no guarantee either.

This is actually the easier part of their schedule. Feb has a lot of land mines, but April is the month they get buried.

Lakers arent that good, they have a bad coach, and kobe is going to go cold eventually, when he does I see a 30 point blow out if the other team chooses to run it up on them.

I was at that game last night and it was an absolute joke. No mo williams and Clips still blow them out.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Last night was the beginning of the end for the fakers. Especially if they let kobe keep jacking up 40 shots a night.

Lakers next 8 games...

home to Dallas loss more than likely
Road Miami loss
Road Orlando loss
Home Indiana loss more than likely
Clippers loss
Road Mil win
Road Minn toss up I say loss
home charlotte win

so 3 definite losses, 2 definite wins and 3 games that could go either way but I think at least 2 are losses. so thats 3-5 maybe 2-6. Possibly 4-4. I would say 4-4 is a positive in that situation. THEN in February you have 6 road games. If they can somehow beat Utah again then theyre looking to be 3-3 thats giving them a win at Boston, which is no guarantee either.

This is actually the easier part of their schedule. Feb has a lot of land mines, but April is the month they get buried.

Lakers arent that good, they have a bad coach, and kobe is going to go cold eventually, when he does I see a 30 point blow out if the other team chooses to run it up on them.

I was at that game last night and it was an absolute joke. No mo williams and Clips still blow them out.

I agree that this road trip and upcoming schedule looks very difficult. Lakers need to stem the tide and grind out a few wins but there are not many gimmees in there. They did beat Dallas last night for another big win but the upcoming schedule is just brutal. I do not agree Wantit on your assessment of the coach. He ain;t great but he is a solid defensive coach and that is always a good thing. These next 7 games will be big and difficult.

I agree that this road trip and upcoming schedule looks very difficult. Lakers need to stem the tide and grind out a few wins but there are not many gimmees in there. They did beat Dallas last night for another big win but the upcoming schedule is just brutal. I do not agree Wantit on your assessment of the coach. He ain;t great but he is a solid defensive coach and that is always a good thing. These next 7 games will be big and difficult.

Go look at the shit at SBR, the lakers homers there are losing their minds :houra

I figured lakers would be 8-7 right now, theyre 10-5. So they got a couple wins I didnt account for, that might be enough to get them in...maybe. Anticipating wins and losses rarely works perfectly but usually it will all work out as they lose games you think theyll win and win games you think theyll lose.

Lakers finish with 30-33 games I figure, they could possibly get 37 wins if everything falls right. 37 wins will definitely get them in the play offs. Not so sure 33 will, and almost positive 30 wont.

If Bynum or Gasol go down all bets are off. Even though they arent used properly that make good decoys. Plus they keep the minutes played sort of manageable. Even though blake is a stiff his minutes are going to add up on someone because he was playing a lot of time in the 4th quarter of gaes, now they need to keep someone else out thre during that time.

Laker fans should really want then to make the lottery, the future is really bleak if you ask me.

Who do the Lakers build around going forward? Bynum? I doubt it I dont think many people like him mostly because he is an immature douche, but also because he hasnt been able to play a full season without getting hurt. Try to get Howard?I really doubt he wants to go there. Especially now he has hinted about the Clippers. Lakers make no sense, theyre no better than Orlando, but for the team it helps because then they have him there to entice people to come. So he would more than likely be the guy they buildaround for the future. But if Kobe demands max out money that will more than likely limit their options.

Clippers right now are clearly THE team guys will be looking to come play for in LA for the next few years at least.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Go look at the shit at SBR, the lakers homers there are losing their minds :houra

I figured lakers would be 8-7 right now, theyre 10-5. So they got a couple wins I didnt account for, that might be enough to get them in...maybe. Anticipating wins and losses rarely works perfectly but usually it will all work out as they lose games you think theyll win and win games you think theyll lose.

Lakers finish with 30-33 games I figure, they could possibly get 37 wins if everything falls right. 37 wins will definitely get them in the play offs. Not so sure 33 will, and almost positive 30 wont.

If Bynum or Gasol go down all bets are off. Even though they arent used properly that make good decoys. Plus they keep the minutes played sort of manageable. Even though blake is a stiff his minutes are going to add up on someone because he was playing a lot of time in the 4th quarter of gaes, now they need to keep someone else out thre during that time.

Laker fans should really want then to make the lottery, the future is really bleak if you ask me.

Who do the Lakers build around going forward? Bynum? I doubt it I dont think many people like him mostly because he is an immature douche, but also because he hasnt been able to play a full season without getting hurt. Try to get Howard?I really doubt he wants to go there. Especially now he has hinted about the Clippers. Lakers make no sense, theyre no better than Orlando, but for the team it helps because then they have him there to entice people to come. So he would more than likely be the guy they buildaround for the future. But if Kobe demands max out money that will more than likely limit their options.

Clippers right now are clearly THE team guys will be looking to come play for in LA for the next few years at least.

The lakers (like the Celtics) will need to do something dramatic in the next few years to avoid being a mediocre team especially the Celtics. If the Lakers stay healthy (and that is a big IF with Bynum and his history and all the wear and tear on Kobe) I think they get in. I think there will be some inconsistency out West for sure with some of the young and mediocre teams. That should help the Lakers but health is number 1 and there are many games coming up.

Funny how this stopped getting bumped as the Lakers started their free fall.

They got a miracle against Dallas, and had the predictable finishes on the road, and even Indy got them today. So a 4-4 is a pipe dream at this point.

Rightn ow tied for 10th with Portland and Houston. Loss to Clippers drops them down around the cellar dwellers.

Basically theyre only better than 3 teams in the west for sure....Phoenix, New Orleans, Sacramento. Golden St well behind them in the standing but when all is said and done I think GS is right there with them, maybe even ahead of them, assuming they can stay healthy.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

There were some other big games yesterday Wanitall. ANd the 2 losses were expected but yesterdays was not. No way Minn with all that youth is better. It does not and has not worked that way in the NBA. You over analyze in a big way. Now again injuries are a big factor and will crush this shaky team. Boy they looked horrible in those 2 road losses. Horrible. They have a stretch with like 7 straight tough road games. They could fall apart. 11 home games so far with 7 road games is a little scary for them because they look so bad on the road and got 4 more to make up. I would say at this point your prediction looks ok for sure. and you are right that there are a lot of good teams in the West. Lakers do not seem good enough to be over 500 to keep up.