Ways That Sports Gambling is Superior to Poker

truthseeker

EOG Addicted
I am of the opinion that sports gambling is far superior to Poker in many ways and is also more skilled than poker. I will not bother listing them but one of the ones that no-one ever talks about is the fact that you don't have to sit somewhere for hours when you bet on sports. Poker on the other hand, calls for you to sit in one spot for hours at a time sometimes. Internet poker also can be rigged in so many ways that it is just unthinkable why someone would really think there skill decides that game.

I must say that I am also of the opinion that poker is to beer as sportsbetting is to marijuana. One is actually better for you and more conducive to a civilized man with other things to do but it is thought of worse because of societies rules and regulations set forth against it.

Please list ways in which sportsbetting is better than poker.

High Times

EOG Master
Re: Ways That Sports Gambling is Superior to Poker

Sports bettors don't have to play every hand and can control the amount of money they want to bet per bet.

Poker is like crack ..... you win and lose so quickly that you can't wait to bet another hand.

Sports betting can be relaxing (like smoking a joint :pop:) and provides a couple hours of entertainment.

I must say that I am also of the opinion that poker is to beer as sportsbetting is to marijuana. One is actually better for you and more conducive to a civilized man with other things to do but it is thought of worse because of societies rules and regulations set forth against it.
Wha? LOL.

I don't know what this means. Naturally, I am in favor of things "actually better for you and more conducive to a civilized man with other things to do" when discussing the merits of beer, poker, marijuana and sports betting. Uh. yeah. All for it.

Wayne and Garth are alive at EOG.

Ok, im not sure how it takes more skill than poker to bet a game? In poker you rely on your own actions to make your way to victory over hundred or thousands of hands, but in sports you are counting on other people to get it done for you.

I enjoy doing both. The dynamics are so different I couldn't say one is better than the other. At least in poker, I have no one to blame but myself for losing. In sportsbetting, I blame someone else, like Billy Cundiff for missing a 32-yd FG. Is that better or worse?

High Times

EOG Master

Ok, im not sure how it takes more skill than poker to bet a game? In poker you rely on your own actions to make your way to victory over hundred or thousands of hands, but in sports you are counting on other people to get it done for you.

Do your own actions allow you to get the cards you want?

Poker is just an advanced form of a "Lottery"

:+clueless

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

In theory poker is way easier.

In poker you can choose to go up against donks all day, but in sports you always go up against lines set by professionals

Do your own actions allow you to get the cards you want?

Poker is just an advanced form of a "Lottery"

Majority of the times you arent playing your cards, you are playing the oppenent...i assume you dont play a whole lot of poker if any at all?

J

joeybagadonuts

Your actions on the cards you get makes or breaks you....

Exactly. The cards don't matter too much if you're a really good player, especially if you're playing a weaker opponent, which you can almost always choose to do.

joeblow

EOG Addicted

The only way sports gamling is superior to poker is that you can win money in your sleep.You can also lose it.

And as was stated..You can always find a game with players that you are superior too.

railbird

EOG Master

poker is checkers, sports handicapping is chess. A lot easier for sports bettors to beat poker than vise versa.

So who ever said that you couldn't smoke a joint and have a beer at the same time? (Well, other than the law in most places).

Place your sports bets and then go to the poker room.

Multitasking, it's what new gen degenerate gamblers do.

On to the next "is vs. is not" discussion. If you can't put a number and a bet on the opinion . . . .

High Times

EOG Master

Exactly. The cards don't matter too much if you're a really good player, especially if you're playing a weaker opponent, which you can almost always choose to do.

Cards don't matter ..... Are you kidding me?

You keep playing bad cards and see where it gets you!

High Times

EOG Master

Sports bettors can put themselves in advantage situations.

Poker players can only hope they have that position. To claim otherwise is foolish.

Short handed and heads up you always play bad cards, or you just throw away your blinds. You get a full table and the cards matter a whole lot more, depending what position you are in.

J

joeybagadonuts

Sorry HT, you are further proving how clueless you are.

You clearly don't play much poker.

Position is arguably more important than the cards, esp as Bricker said, if you are playing shorthanded or HU.

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

poker is superior in 1 way...you can identify a fraud in under 2 minutes at a poker table..in our world of sports betting on the internet many pretend to be sharp, experts, cappers, whatever and you never really know who is what....

High Times

EOG Master

Sorry HT, you are further proving how clueless you are.

You clearly don't play much poker.

Position is arguably more important than the cards, esp as Bricker said, if you are playing shorthanded or HU.

I would beat your ass without a problem

:pop:

J

joeybagadonuts

Do you play online?

If not, I will gladly play you HU when I am out in Vegas in March.

I don't play anything that I haven't a calculated advantage in. Since I'm not good at poker, I don't "play" it.

In chess, however, I'd clean your clock.

I don't play anything that I haven't a calculated advantage in. Since I'm not good at poker, I don't "play" it.

In chess, however, I'd clean your clock.

Watch out everyone! He's good at CHESS!!!

Joey,

Be carefull with HT. He's a coin flipper. Donkey's are great at suck outs.

:scooter

J

joeybagadonuts

I would be SHOCKED if HT took me up on this but I would love to take his money.

The cherry on top would be laughing afterwards about how he plays like it's still 1980 and he just read super system for the first time.

:lock:

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

-800 he never read Super System and just plays on "feel"

hahaha! good stuff. I would like to have you and chessman play a game sometime. Not sure if hes been around lately though.

You are very good....ever play in college or any big tournaments?

Yup, played in several National Opens and played overseas in Holland. I haven't played in a few years now....no money in it. You've got to put 10-15 hrs in a week to progress, and opening theory is mostly memorization, which I fvkking hate. So, realizing I've probably gotten about as high as I can being as lazy as I am, I dropped it.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Most good chess players are also good backgammon players....I enjoy chess very much and play a lot online...I am an average player but can hold my own....love playing guys better than me and learning...

Most good chess players are also good backgammon players....I enjoy chess very much and play a lot online...I am an average player but can hold my own....love playing guys better than me and learning...

Never took up backgammon, got strung out on chess at 11, made it my mission to beat the shit outta everyone in school. It was so bad, I was reading Fischer's My 60 Memorable Games...in Russian.