Former NBA Ref Tim Donaghy on The EOG Sports Hour tonight [In-Show Thread]

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: Former NBA Ref Tim Donaghy on The EOG Sports Hour tonight [In-Show Thread]

Thanks to Bovi and Mikey for their connections, too.

Giving credit where credit is due....good bump Kinger...

By the way, somebody post me a link where I can catch this hour with the former ref...thanks

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Thanks JK...listening to the show right now....:cheers

Re: Former NBA Ref Tim Donaghy on The EOG Sports Hour tonight

I have sat courtside for NBA games.

Ask him why NBA refs cut slack for players by giving verbal warnings instead of whistling them on fouls and violations and for others they dont and just blow the whistle on them.

On stoppages of play the verbal warnings are dished out.

Do some players pay the refs for this treatment.

Pay doesn't have to mean money but in signed memorabilia and shoes for special treatment.

Very True, I was on a plane sitting next to Dick Bavetta and his wife back in the day. Heard him teling his wife that Allen Iverson will have a tough game tonight as he's keeping a hawk eye on him all night long because he's a "Hotdog". Took it as a sign, so I buried Miami over Philly, easy winner and Allen Iverson had 3 fouls calledon him in first 6 minutes, go figure.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

What a great show JK....the back and forth banter was incredible.....

I have a hard time believing Tim when he says the games he bet didn't affect his officiating...other than that he came across as very interesting and informative...but I feel he is holding back some and still has stories that would make most gamblers go beserk...

Again...a great show and JK got the tough questions asked...JK would have had Billy Walters shaking in his boots rather than the 60 Minutes staff making it easy on him...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

5000 per apple? Gives new meaning to "How do you like those apples"......:LMAO

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I have a hard time believing Tim when he says the games he bet didn't affect his officiating...

Same here. I'm not sure anyone believes that one. And then he said the horrible calls in the Spurs-Suns series were due to officials basically having a bad day, but not fixing.

But some of those calls were so late, and it's blatantly obvious now what was really happening...

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

It was a 3rd Grade Boys game. It was a 30-point game late in the 5th period (5 - 8 min periods made up the game). This kid had a mom who wore a tiiiiiiight sweater and she easily had 36DDs - doctor bought but still 36DDs at minimum. every time her kid made a basket or nice play she would jump up out of her chair at mid court and yell "woo hoo". we (my reffing partner and i) noticed this and every time her kid made a basket we turned ASAP to see her go "woo hoo" so we could mentally do the same. blowout late in the game and i wanted to see her jump up and down 1 more time so when her kid drove the lane i called a foul on some kid so he would go to the line to shoot 2 FTs. he made them both and after each make she bounced up and yelled "woo hoo" and my partner and i did the same. i don't deny it and i am not the least bit ashamed about it

:lol

patswin

EOG Veteran

I am interested to hear the interview, I will be downloading it when it is in Itunes.
I did read gaming the game, excellent book i highly recommend it to forum guys, you will be able to follow it along very well. I read it in 2 days.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I'll start reading Gaming The Game this weekend. :cheers

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

I co-host a radio show with Tim which started only last week. Of course, I could learn a lot from JK who did a spectacular job last night, which of course is the norm.
The audio of the first show can be heard by following the link below. There are discussions that cover not only the NBA but the NFL as well including a segment dedicated to Bill Leavy, the referee that botched the call in the Giant Packer game

Click here

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

I have a hard time believing Tim when he says the games he bet didn't affect his officiating...other than that he came across as very interesting and informative...but I feel he is holding back some and still has stories that would make most gamblers go beserk...

Outstanding job by JK conducting this interview.

Totally agree with VD. There is something with Tim for whatever reason will not admit that his betting affected his calls on the court. I don't know if it is moral, or legal, but for someone to not believe that he did not influence games that he bet on is absurd. Anybody reading the following and believing what Tim is saying is just not a rational thinker.

This is from Haralabos Voulgaris website...
http://aloneinthecorner.com/post/668866502/tim-donaghy-vs-derrick-stafford

View attachment 7734

WVU

EOG Master

Great show John and David. Not sure how you pulled this one off in getting this interview. Would love to see Timmy as a regular poster here. Timmy, if you are reading this sign up and give us a few posts. :cheers

Heim

EOG Master

The con continues for Donahgy. Only now he wants marks to believe he has inside
information on the NBA which will help you make money with this 'forget about it'
service. lol He really didn't have any edge when officiating. The only edge was
him, otherwise this guy would have been a systematic loser. It's been proven over
and over, to wit, 'totals' were affected not sides. RJ Bell did a lengthy study on this.
Money showed up overseas and many off screen outs domestically. They got down.
Without him 'in' the game he's basically no worse than Jim Feist professing to have
inside info from his boiler room .

The con continues.

J

joeybagadonuts

Great show John and David. Not sure how you pulled this one off in getting this interview. Would love to see Timmy as a regular poster here. Timmy, if you are reading this sign up and give us a few posts. :cheers

I'm pretty sure that he already posts here....

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

The con continues for Donahgy. Only now he wants marks to believe he has inside
information on the NBA which will help you make money with this 'forget about it'
service. lol He really didn't have any edge when officiating. The only edge was
him, otherwise this guy would have been a systematic loser. It's been proven over
and over, to wit, 'totals' were affected not sides. RJ Bell did a lengthy study on this.
Money showed up overseas and many off screen outs domestically. They got down.
Without him 'in' the game he's basically no worse than Jim Feist professing to have
inside info from his boiler room .

The con continues.

Good point.

A "Con" wears many faces. Can even sell sympathy over public airwaves.

I know you mentioned being a great poker player without ever playing for money. You should try this game instead. It will suit your skill set better.

it posted in the wrong thread. Hmm... this is for High Times to try.