Sunday Gulf AQU

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated
Re: Sunday Gulf AQU

Well, there's more uncertainty, so i guess you can argue that the results would tend to be more unpredictable. Which in turn would benefit the longshots. Every horse is affected differently though, and the problem is that in most cases you really don't know whether it benefits your horse or not.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I thought the 11 closed well last out....wanted turf but will still support @21-1 off turf

Ray Luca

EOG Master

GP 10th

will try to beat the chalk and using two long ones next race

DD 2 3 5 6 with 4 9 = 8 bets

nedrow9

EOG Master

got 3 next sat , big day
[TABLE="class: data prep, width: 100%"]
<TBODY>

02/04

Robert B. Lewis

Santa Anita Park

1 1/16 Miles

$200,000

02/04

Withers

Aqueduct

1 1/16 Miles

$200,000

02/04

Sam F. Davis

Tampa Bay

1 1/16 Miles

$200,000

</TBODY>[/TABLE]

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

think big on those and chuck the chalk

I know you hate the chalk but I refuse to leave out such a heavy favorite in a super box when there are only six horses in the field...I know it doesn't help the payout at all but long term I think it's throwing away money to bet on a Breeder's Cup champion to finish worse than 4th...

nedrow9

EOG Master

Withers used to be run the week b/f the derby. dont think they ran the withers last yr at A

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

Gulfstream - Race 10

#6 Algorithms (5/2 ml)

Let's try and beat the Breeders Cup winner (and one of the current Derby favorites) Hansen in this race. Good spot to do so, i think, as this race comes at a one-turn mile, representing a turnback to a sprint-style race after Hansen has been running two-turns in his latest pair, and is simply prepping to go two-turns next time out as well. There's also no shortage of early speed to soften Hansen up here, while the razor-sharp Algorithms has excellent tactical speed and a cozy outside draw, which should enable him to lay in wait just off the fast early pace and then pounce on them turning for home. Looks like a serious threat to the favorite here, and Hansen should be a huge underlay based on his lofty reputation. Perfect spot for an upset.

Algorithms wins @ $7.00