Should half of Railbird's winnings go to Moldy?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
$250

The same way half of DJ's winnings went to Tripp. I paid Tripp via a certain money exchange site, so that debt was settled.

Facts

60 plays was the amount of picks for the contest. And they both agreed that they had to finish by the end of August.

Railbird left the forum and didn't finish the contest.

Moldy also didn't finish the contest. Nine plays remaining.

Railbird returned a couple of months later and offered to continue, but Moldy declined the offer.

Moldy claimed Railbird had an unfair advantage because he now had more betting options at his disposal. (NFL, Hockey, College)

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Re: Should half of Railbird's winnings go to Moldy?

I hope you and JK do the right thing here. The answer is pretty obvious. I don't wannu have to lower Kelly's power rating down a point or point and a half!!

kirkmuller

EOG Senior Member

you should give him the whole amount that railbird owes

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

you should give him the whole amount that railbird owes

I was completely on Moldy's side, but then I actually looked at all the facts.

Moldy didn't finish the contest that he wanted Railbird to finish. Breaking his own agreement.

Railbird later returns wanting to finish up, and Moldy didn't want to continue.

Moldy also had some fault in this... no way he should get all of it.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Seems like both are at fault even though Rail started it off. Was Rail gone at the end of August..?

And Moldy still has nine plays

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Seems like both are at fault even though Rail started it off. Was Rail gone at the end of August..?

And Moldy still has nine plays

Exactly right.

Railbird was gone before August... either way, both didn't finish the contest.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

My vote is no. It didn't matter if Rail was gone before August, he had til end of August to come back and finish. Had Moldy completed the contest and Rail did not when Sept came around, my vote might be different

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Like I said before- pick up the contest where it left off. THE REASON Railturd left was because he was so far behind, he was looking for an out. Think about this, if Moldy was getting his ass kicked in the contest with the plays he posted, do you think the Turd leaves the contest? Of course he doesn't. Moldy's picks shouldn't go to waste, that's the reason Ralbird backed out.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Like I said before- pick up the contest where it left off. THE REASON Railturd left was because he was so far behind, he was looking for an out. Think about this, if Moldy was getting his ass kicked in the contest with the plays he posted, do you think the Turd leaves the contest? Of course he doesn't. Moldy's picks shouldn't go to waste, that's the reason Ralbird backed out.

One could argue that was a strategy for Moldy not to complete his requirement.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

You can't give it to Moldy. There is a huge differnce in that I wanted half to go to Tripp and would have paid him out of it. You guys paying it directly to him was just eaiser.

When I asked JK to do it the first time he said no cause EOG can't get in the middle of these disputes, and thats the right awnser. You can't start going down this path and decideding who should get paid and who shouldn't. It'll also kill the contest if people think they may not actually get paid.

In my case it was ok cause I agreed, but if Rail doesn't agree then you can't do it. You been better off just not letting him in the contest in the first place.

I think the money should go to a completely disinterested party...like me.

Actually, if you cannot finish a contract, why should you get paid? Double up the prize for when I play, and I'll finish the flipping contest.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

it's never going to happen so no point in arguing.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

half? Why not double? He should be penalized for being a stiff and pay interest.

Why not just started the contest over? I think all the posters would like to follow this match-up.

tripp

EOG Master

I think DJ has the exactly right answer here. I want rail to pay moldy since I do think moldy won that contest (should NOT be no action from both not finishing. should simply be both guys get losses for every play not completed...i know i never finish out the plays with my contests with moldy once it's known there is a winner). With that said it cant be up to eog to simply take the money from rail in this case. DJ agreed to send it to me and thats the reason I got the money. EOG was very gracious in helping us out there because it made things 100x easier.

I vote no, but I really hope rail sends moldy the 500 regardless. Rail should make more than 500 from this show since i bet he gets a couple sign ups with his performance, so he will still profit and come up looking like a better guy for paying his debt. I hope he also realizes there might be some that are interested in his service but back off because of the issue with moldy that he hasnt resolved

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

Not your place to garnish funds.

Doesn't reflect what I think of stiffs, but still, not your place.

tripp

EOG Master

moldy not finishing doesnt mean anything. If somebody doesnt finish all their picks for a contest they are simply all counted as losses. So moldy gets 9 losses added to his record, rail gets all the plays he didnt finish. To me there is no questioning Moldy won that contest, none at all.

but like i already said thats not the issue asked here. The issue is can eog just take the money from rail and pay moldy themselves? I say no here since rail has not agreed to it like DJ did.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

moldy not finishing doesnt mean anything. If somebody doesnt finish all their picks for a contest they are simply all counted as losses. So moldy gets 9 losses added to his record, rail gets all the plays he didnt finish. To me there is no questioning Moldy won that contest, none at all.

but like i already said thats not the issue asked here. The issue is can eog just take the money from rail and pay moldy themselves? I say no here since rail has not agreed to it like DJ did.

60 plays was the amount of picks for the contest. And they both agreed that they had to finish by the end of August.

Rules

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Well they can help settle between player and book but yes Rail should agree prior.

tripp

EOG Master

Rules

Me and moldy do plenty of contests and we always set a number of plays (50, 70, 100, etc.). Rarely have we ever had both guys actually finish that number of plays since once one person has it won it's over, no reason to keep making plays. Just like in moldy's case...no reason to make plays if rail had already forfeited pretty much. 34 wins was more than enough to win the contest so moldy won.

Grading only has two options from my viewpoint, and really only one obvious one. Moldy wins (obvious), or they continue with their already accumulated records and finish it out.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Me and moldy do plenty of contests and we always set a number of plays (50, 70, 100, etc.). Rarely have we ever had both guys actually finish that number of plays since once one person has it won it's over, no reason to keep making plays. Just like in moldy's case...no reason to make plays if rail had already forfeited pretty much. 34 wins was more than enough to win the contest so moldy won.

Grading only has two options from my viewpoint, and really only one obvious one. Moldy wins (obvious), or they continue with their already accumulated records and finish it out.

I hear you but technically that was not established in rules. And they both agreed that they had to finish by the end of August.

Rail disappeared cause yes he could not win but he can prevent the other guy from winning by not completing the required number of plays. cheap yeah but legal as far as I see it. Contest is a no decision and say what u want bout Birdie but he is "Street Smart"

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Rail isn't any kind of smart. How did he know Moldy would stop? I'm with tripp, they both get -1.1 units for every play not made. Who wins?

I understand EOG not wanting to get involved, but in my opinion they have some responsibility to uphold the gambler's code of honor. Not only did they not ban rail for his stiff job that occurred in their jurisdiction, but they gave him a free-roll 50-50 shot at $500 while giving Moldy nothing.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

EOG has decided not to get involved.

Hey, Tim, check your PMs over @ Peeps. There's money to be made. :mutley

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Rail wouldn't pay Moldy even if he had ComputerBob money. And that's the sad truth.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

it's never going to happen so no point in arguing.

EOG decided not to get involved? I couldn't tell this was coming by JK being a railbird apologist for the last three months.

tripp

EOG Master

That is another great point. I don't know how moldy was left out of all these contests.

If they have an opening in March for the grand chellenge like somebody stated moldy should 100% be given the slot instead of giving rail another chance at free money while owing Moldy.

I like rail, i think he's one of the best cbb guys on the forums, but no way in hell is that right.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

EOG decided not to get involved? I couldn't tell this was coming by JK being a railbird apologist for the last three months.

This :shoot:

Maybe Moldy will get invited to the next Fezzik giveaway.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Because rail disappeared from EOG, started ghosting at Peep's Place, and clearly had no intention of finishing because he was -10000 to lose.

I doubt I would have kept posting 10 days after rail had disappeared either. Got better things to do with my time than continue going through the motions in a contest that I wasn't going to get paid for winning.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Sorry but if Moldy would have finished then Rail would have hard time explaining. It worked.

I once bet a two hunderd bowler they could not bowl "151" he bowled 186 or something. Did I pay?