Young John Netto on CNBC today (video)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: young John Netto on CNBC today

Re: young John Netto on CNBC today

Netto will be interviewed live on CNBC tomorrow.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Young John Netto on CNBC today

Re: Young John Netto on CNBC today

Thanks for posting the video, Focker. :cheers

Heim

EOG Master
Re: Young John Netto on CNBC today (video)

Is NE -2.5 really better than GMen +3.5 or did the sharp community get surprised
by how fast the 3.5s disappeared (waiting for 4/4.5) and are only left with NE talk
now?

focker

EOG Veteran

Is NE -2.5 really better than GMen +3.5 or did the sharp community get surprised
by how fast the 3.5s disappeared (waiting for 4/4.5) and are only left with NE talk
now?[/QUOTE

still seems everyone likes likes NY at +3 still. B4 line came out I liked Pats, when -3.5 came out no way was I going to lay that, but that was based on Gronk status, now that it seems he is good, yea I like Pats -2.5 more. Young Netto said he is laying -3

railbird

EOG Master

You cant cut with a high ankle sprain, Gronk will be no factor

John Kelly can be seen sitting around the table with Netto at 1:35 in the first video. Good job JK!

JohnNetto

EOG Senior Member

Had a lot of fun doing this...The meeting was great and I am truly grateful for everyone who came out and was involved...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

John Kelly can be seen sitting around the table with Netto at 1:35 in the first video. Good job JK!

Netto was a great host.

I felt like an extra.

No speaking role.

Next time, I'll pimp my EOG hat and EOG shirt.

Hehe.

Heim

EOG Master

Not a good day for the Southern Highlands 'think tank'......Netto on Pats, Servansky on
the over and White guaranteeing no safety on the show 'Linesmaker'. If Nover came
in to grab a donut he was on Pats as well. You would think these guys live in Las
Cruces not Las Vegas being so far off the information highway.

btw talked to Osborne the other day and mercifully it looks like 'The Linesmaker'
won't be renewed.

JohnNetto

EOG Senior Member

Not a good day for the Southern Highlands 'think tank'......Netto on Pats, Servansky on
the over and White guaranteeing no safety on the show 'Linesmaker'. If Nover came
in to grab a donut he was on Pats as well. You would think these guys live in Las
Cruces not Las Vegas being so far off the information highway.

btw talked to Osborne the other day and mercifully it looks like 'The Linesmaker'
won't be renewed.

Actually it was a profitable day for me and close to being a total blockbuster (If Pats win by 1/2/3 pts). Living here in Las Vegas provides some great Arbs/middles. Per my live twitter feed @JohnNetto and posts on Facebook. Was able to set up a very nice Pats Money Line -130 and Giants +3 -110 at the same minute the day before the Super Bowl. 3rd quarter +160 Giants In-game big play on G-men (b/c in-game is what I do well while NFL sides is what I'm shitty at) With Giants trailing by 2, was able to nearly guarantee a win on this amazing middle (could have been totally screwed with a late pats pic 6) by playing G-Men to win down 2 with 3:30 left...I even lost money on no safety and 2nd half over bet which had me over 26 and it closed over 27.5.

From both a process and P and L perspective was very happy with the outcome...

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Actually it was a profitable day for me and close to being a total blockbuster (If Pats win by 1/2/3 pts). Living here in Las Vegas provides some great Arbs/middles. Per my live twitter feed @JohnNetto and posts on Facebook. Was able to set up a very nice Pats Money Line -130 and Giants +3 -110 at the same minute the day before the Super Bowl. 3rd quarter +160 Giants In-game big play on G-men (b/c in-game is what I do well while NFL sides is what I'm shitty at) With Giants trailing by 2, was able to nearly guarantee a win on this amazing middle (could have been totally screwed with a late pats pic 6) by playing G-Men to win down 2 with 3:30 left...I even lost money on no safety and 2nd half over bet which had me over 26 and it closed over 27.5.

From both a process and P and L perspective was very happy with the outcome...

great work John:cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

John Netto with one of the great minds here at EOG....I enjoy the time I get to listen to John speak about trading or sportsbetting....you get to learn from another perspective if you keep an open mind....

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted

Was able to set up a very nice Pats Money Line -130 and Giants +3 -110 at the same minute the day before the Super Bowl.

There is no snowball's chance in hell this was a profitable combination of bets.

The only analysis you need to determine this is to quote percentages for NE winning by One, Two and Three. Do you want to go first or should I?

Scooter

EOG Veteran

BigDaddy - "great work John"

Viejo Dinosaur - "John Netto with one of the great minds here at EOG....I enjoy the time I get to listen to John speak about trading or sportsbetting....you get to learn from another perspective if you keep an open mind...."

Why don't either of you jump in and respond to PerpetualCzech's post if Netto isn't around?
You both praised Netto's post containing this middle.
Surely you weren't just accepting it as a great middle simply because Netto told you it's a great middle?

BigDaddy

EOG Master

i was just giving him props for a winning day.

who did he bet on again?

JK speaks highly of him so i figured he must know what he is doing

thought i saw where JK attended his $19.99 seminar the other day

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

There is no snowball's chance in hell this was a profitable combination of bets.

The only analysis you need to determine this is to quote percentages for NE winning by One, Two and Three. Do you want to go first or should I?

Yeah, I'm surprised Netto took this middle. He's the first one to teach me about implied volatility in sports betting.

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted

Yeah, I'm surprised Netto took this middle. He's the first one to teach me about implied volatility in sports betting.

It's not like it was a huge blunder or anything. Seems like the whole world missed out on the fact these points were worth less than normal for this game (esp. the Three). It's just douchey to publicly pat yourself on the back like that simply because it almost ended up winning.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

BigDaddy - "great work John"

Viejo Dinosaur - "John Netto with one of the great minds here at EOG....I enjoy the time I get to listen to John speak about trading or sportsbetting....you get to learn from another perspective if you keep an open mind...."

Why don't either of you jump in and respond to PerpetualCzech's post if Netto isn't around?
You both praised Netto's post containing this middle.
Surely you weren't just accepting it as a great middle simply because Netto told you it's a great middle?

Looking at the overall contributions and ideas that Netto has conveyed...not just one instance like the Superbowl....

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Looking at the overall contributions and ideas that Netto has conveyed...not just one instance like the Superbowl....

"Surely you weren't just accepting it as a great middle simply because Netto told you it's a great middle? "

Nice sidestep. So how do you evaluate the middle posted by Netto? Hint: it does not involve a calculation of the implied volatility.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Never said I accepted his middle, did I?

I just like to listen to any ideas about gambling and how it affects other venues...

I am certainly not as intelligent or capable of answering that question more than you...but I like to formulate my own opinons from listening to others; right or wrong....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Because what's important of course is that it's *your* opinion, not whether it's actually right or wrong.

What is important is that I will even listen to guys like you who thinks he has all the answers...I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...but usually only in gambling related topics...:cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

"Surely you weren't just accepting it as a great middle simply because Netto told you it's a great middle? "

Nice sidestep. So how do you evaluate the middle posted by Netto? Hint: it does not involve a calculation of the implied volatility.[/QUOTE

I liked his position because like Mr. Netto, I thought the game was going to go down to the end and likely be decided by a field goal....and of course I didn't know who was going to win...I personally made the game a pick-em when the line came out....so because of my strong opinons on the game, I thought he would have a chance to middle or side his bet....this is why it is called gambling....BTW, I had a slight win overall on the game...I lost the total but had the Giants -3.5 +220.....

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Was able to set up a very nice Pats Money Line -130 and Giants +3 -110 at the same minute the day before the Super Bowl.

you laid a total of -240 (-130 + -110) and cashed +210 (110 + 100)= net -30

Is saying you lost 12.5% on ur money correct..?

Scooter

EOG Veteran

The thing is that someone like Netto comes along who's full of sh*t, and because he declares himself to be knowledgeable, he's accepted as knowledgeable, because most people on the recreational forums are lost.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I like Netto, please don't take this question the wrong way.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

The thing is that someone like Netto comes along who's full of sh*t, and because he declares himself to be knowledgeable, he's accepted as knowledgeable, because most people on the recreational forums are lost.

you can put me in that lost group as i fell for it.

i figured he was sharp as JK praised him a lot and he has been on tv news shows as well.

scooter can you point me to a forum where i can learn a few things from some actual sharps?

thank you:cheers

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Yes, but that is looking backwards after the game is over. Virtually any middle/side trades off a likely small loss for a less-likely substantial gain. This is the case here. The key to whether a bet is good is if statistically it produces a net profit in the long-term, i.e. is +EV.

PC initially overstated the case (subsequently corrected), this bet is fairly close to EV = 0, i.e. neutral. It depends on how you quanitify the chances (probabilities) of the Pats winning the game by 1,2, and 3. A conservative model based on the NFL data over the last 17 years (since the two-pt conversion was implemented) suggests the combination bet is slighly -EV. Further, because of the new OT rules, the value of the 3 is slightly reduced making the bet combination a little worse.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Yes, but that is looking backwards after the game is over. Virtually any middle/side trades off a likely small loss for a less-likely substantial gain. This is the case here. The key to whether a bet is good is if statistically it produces a net profit in the long-term, i.e. is +EV.

PC initially overstated the case (subsequently corrected), this bet is fairly close to EV = 0, i.e. neutral. It depends on how you quanitify the chances (probabilities) of the Pats winning the game by 1,2, and 3. A conservative model based on the NFL data over the last 17 years (since the two-pt conversion was implemented) suggests the combination bet is slighly -EV. Further, because of the new OT rules, the value of the 3 is slightly reduced making the bet combination a little worse.

ok, thanks. Why not buy the hook and take Giants +3.5 in order to have 3 working for a middle as opposed to a side?

ComptrBob

EOG Master

ok, thanks. Why not buy the hook and take Giants +3.5 in order to have 3 working for a middle as opposed to a side?

Many Vegas books won't let you buy on or off an NFL 3 because its overall "worth" is about 23 cents. Most offshores will have a drop-down ability to buy to 3.5. If the price is 20 cents, generally its a small + to buy to the +3.5. In this case, it doesn't really change the long-term overall return by much.

It should be noted that even a very small +EV combination bet here isn't necessarily good because of the variance involved and tying up bankroll if other better opportunities exist.

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted

FWIW I made the One+Two for this game 4.0% and the Three 7.5%. The value of the Three was hurt not only by the OT rules but also by the high total.

45%*-30+4%*200+7.5%*100+43.5%*-10 = -2.35 expected return on an investment of 240, or about -1% ROI.