Larry Bird On Lebron

Heim

EOG Master
He did a podcast interview the other day saying Lebron is the best player
in the league however he would rather have Kobe on his team. Nice.

Reminds me of the interview Favre did before the playoffs re Rodgers. Great
qb but should have won the SB sooner with that talent. lol

The old timers love those backhanded compliments....

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Larry Bird On Lebron

kobe isnt one of the 5 best players in the league right now.

old timers never wanna give it up for the new studs. Bird knows its only a matter of time before lebron easily passes him on the all time rankings

High Times

EOG Master

Bird is 100% right though.

As much as I think Kobe's overrated he at least wants to win really, really bad. That's the same with Bird. Nobody worked harder than Larry Bird.

As far as Lebron ....Bird and others (Barkley too) are starting to see the same thing as I have been saying all along. Lebron wants to have fun and be the next Magic Johnson... That's why Bird said what he did. Lebron is not serious about winning.

Lebron is a James Worthy .... He isn't close to being another Magic Johnson.

Until Lebon wakes up and realizes this he will just be a great LOOKING basketball player, not a player that can help a team win a championship like Worthy did.

:pop:

High Times

EOG Master

old timers never wanna give it up for the new studs. Bird knows its only a matter of time before lebron easily passes him on the all time rankings

Bird is 10X's the basketball player Lebron will ever be......

To compare them is really a fucking joke.....

tripp

EOG Master

if high times thinks you are 100% right it is probably time to re-evaluate your position :LMAO

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Wow, stick with in game betting, or whatever you claim to win on HT. Basketball evaluations clearly aren't your thing if you are really comparing Worthy to Bron.

tripp

EOG Master

Bird is 10X's the basketball player Lebron will ever be......

To compare them is really a fucking joke.....

Please. Lebron and at least 5 other guys in the league right now are better than Bird ever was. No knock on Bird, he;s a first class HOF'er without any doubt.

The game is much better now though. A guy like Bird would be lost in the age of athletic wings that can shoot from range and also dunk over 6'5 guys like it's nothing.

Lebron may be the most gifted athlete the NBA has ever seen. The guy can't be stopped, and hopefully after he wins the title this year people give it a rest with the damn ring argument.

High Times

EOG Master

Please. Lebron and at least 5 other guys in the league right now are better than Bird ever was. No knock on Bird, he;s a first class HOF'er without any doubt.

The game is much better now though. A guy like Bird would be lost in the age of athletic wings that can shoot from range and also dunk over 6'5 guys like it's nothing.

Lebron may be the most gifted athlete the NBA has ever seen. The guy can't be stopped, and hopefully after he wins the title this year people give it a rest with the damn ring argument.

Wilt would eat Lebon for breakfast

10X's the athlete too!

You wouldn't know

Wow.. you are an idiot.

Lebron better then Bird? Do people not realize that Lebron hasn't won SHIT yet.... He chokes under the pressure everytime. If Lebron had half the heart that Bird had, he wouldn't be such a joke.

tripp

EOG Master

Well it's a team game. Marino won 0 championships his entire career and might be the best to ever play football (although my vote is for Peyton, who has won just 1 title).

Lebron is also what, 26 years old? How many titles did Jordan have at Lebron's age? One? Maybe two?

Lebron will end his career with at least 3 rings. He is already a better individual player than Bird ever was and that's simply because Bird couldn't stop the athletic speciman that is Lebron James. Players today are just better.

Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Durant, Lebron, Howard...all these guys would eat alive the old NBA. Players today are faster, stronger, more versitile, dangerous men. Lebron should stop Bird. Bird wouldn't have a prayer in hell of ever stopping Lebron.

Now that Lebron is quitting with the 3 pt shots he is absolutely unstoppable. Can't believe people don't respect what they are witnessing in the NBA right now. He might be the best player to ever step foot on a court by the time he is finished, but won't get that respect to well past his playing days cause of juvenile haters.

Lebrons heart isn't in the top 100. Dude is a straight up clown.

tripp

EOG Master

i care about talent and production, not something that is up for debate like heart. Who is anyone to say Lebron's heart isn't in it? He works at his craft like a mad man, always getting better and in game shape. Other superstars like Nowitzki and Wade come into the year out of shape cause of the lockout while Lebron was in amazing shape like always, do those two not have heart?

Lebron wants to win, he just also wants to have fun and make a fucking ton of money. I applaud all of that. The game is SUPPOSED to be fun. He's a fun guy to watch and shows his personality.

High Times

EOG Master

Well it's a team game. Marino won 0 championships his entire career and might be the best to ever play football (although my vote is for Peyton, who has won just 1 title).

Lebron is also what, 26 years old? How many titles did Jordan have at Lebron's age? One? Maybe two?

Lebron will end his career with at least 3 rings. He is already a better individual player than Bird ever was and that's simply because Bird couldn't stop the athletic speciman that is Lebron James. Players today are just better.

Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Durant, Lebron, Howard...all these guys would eat alive the old NBA. Players today are faster, stronger, more versitile, dangerous men. Lebron should stop Bird. Bird wouldn't have a prayer in hell of ever stopping Lebron.

Now that Lebron is quitting with the 3 pt shots he is absolutely unstoppable. Can't believe people don't respect what they are witnessing in the NBA right now. He might be the best player to ever step foot on a court by the time he is finished, but won't get that respect to well past his playing days cause of juvenile haters.

What you posted is a complete joke

Today's NBA is a joke because there are no great players playing.

Watching today's NBA sucks.

One thing for sure

I am glad I got to watch the greatest basketball players ever and they played in the 70's and 80's.

There is no way today's players were better than most of those players.

There are no great centers ...

There are no great power forwards ....

There are no great shooters....

There are some great point guards, but none close to Magic, Oscar, West ... and on and on

Mjh702

EOG Enthusiast

Lebrons heart isn't in the top 100. Dude is a straight up clown.

Exactly:cheers

Gaybron can't be stopped???? He is stopped EVERY year when it counts. He will get a ring one day.....playing for veterans minimum off the bench of a top team down the road thinking he is still the man.:LMAO

Mjh702

EOG Enthusiast

All I've heard for the last ten years is about how great Gaybron is and what he is gonna do.

STILL WAITING..........:pop: He isn't getting any younger. Resorted to hating on Blake griffins dunks. Sucks getting old for all of us

Mjh702

EOG Enthusiast

Kobe's got FIVE rings, standing in gaybrons way saying :finger004

Exactly:cheers

Gaybron can't be stopped???? He is stopped EVERY year when it counts. He will get a ring one day.....playing for veterans minimum off the bench of a top team down the road thinking he is still the man.:LMAO

He still has a shot in the next 3 years or so. Thats when wade will exit his prime and wont have the ability to carry lebron to a title.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Wow.. you are an idiot.

Lebron better then Bird? Do people not realize that Lebron hasn't won SHIT yet.... He chokes under the pressure everytime. If Lebron had half the heart that Bird had, he wouldn't be such a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

Still the most impressive postseason performance I've ever witnessed all things considered (his age, teammates' absolute lack of talent, the opponent's recent dominance in the East, arguably the top defender in the NBA on him, etc). At no point in Kobe's career could he have carried that horrendous Cavs team to an NBA finals. In fact, using history (2005 Lakers) as our indicator - the Cavs probably would not have made the playoffs if you switched Kobe and Lebron.

Kahn

EOG Enthusiast

Until Lebron get one ring he not in same conversation with Bird or Kobe

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Tripp and HT understand this as well. Par for the course. Not a coincidence that smart people tend to get damn near everything correct in general, and idiots like HT constantly come across as complete idiots time and time again.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

Still the most impressive postseason performance I've ever witnessed all things considered (his age, teammates' absolute lack of talent, the opponent's recent dominance in the East, arguably the top defender in the NBA on him, etc). At no point in Kobe's career could he have carried that horrendous Cavs team to an NBA finals. In fact, using history (2005 Lakers) as our indicator - the Cavs probably would not have made the playoffs if you switched Kobe and Lebron.

You are still young Irish Tim....I have seen may post season performances....many better than Lebron....until he gets the job done, it is what it is.....

Jordan
Duncan
Kareem
Bird
Magic
Oscar
West
Frazier
Kobe
Russell
Wilt
Dr. J

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

You are still young Irish Tim....I have seen may post season performances....many better than Lebron....until he gets the job done, it is what it is.....

Jordan
Duncan
Kareem
Bird
Magic
Oscar
West
Frazier
Kobe
Russell
Wilt
Dr. J

You misunderstood what IT said. LeBron play with less surrounding him.

texansfan

EOG Master

Jordan
Duncan
Kareem
Bird
Magic
Oscar
West
Frazier
Kobe
Russell
Wilt
Dr. J

Kids have watched sports for 10 years and think they know it all. Completely clueless.

You left out Olajuwon.

High Times

EOG Master

Wilt 10 X the athlete that Bron is? I know you don't know much but this shows it is even less than I thought. Wow.

You just wouldn't know

Wilt was one of the greatest athletes ever!

Stop commenting on things you know nothing about.

:btj:

Lebron is a media creation. Never won anything. Looks great, but isn't a force like all the greats.

Period

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Dan Marino never won anything , was he a stiff ?:+clueless

Truly mind-boggling how people use "rings" to measure a player's greatness while completely ignoring the OVERWHELMING variable that is teammates.

If Lebron had played with Shaq in his prime and then Bynum/Odom/Gasol/Fisher/Phil Jackson he would have at least 5 rings and probably a lot more.

High Times

EOG Master

Lebron isn't even the best player on his team

Lebron = Dr. J

Great players who make/made their teams great, but could never win a title by themselves.

Some day Lebron will get on a team that will win him a Championship just like they did with Dr. J.

I loved Dr. J. but he was all flash and not a true force when the playoffs came.

Lebron is exactly the same

Top 50 all-time, but no Super Star "Championship" player

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Truly mind-boggling how people use "rings" to measure a player's greatness while completely ignoring the OVERWHELMING variable that is teammates.

If Lebron had played with Shaq in his prime and then Bynum/Odom/Gasol/Fisher/Phil Jackson he would have at least 5 rings and probably a lot more.

Sure is

tripp

EOG Master

lol @ wade being better.

lebron is the best in the league by quite a bit right now.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Lebron isn't even the best player on his team

Lebron = Dr. J

Great players who make/made their teams great, but could never win a title by themselves.

Some day Lebron will get on a team that will win him a Championship just like they did with Dr. J.

I loved Dr. J. but he was all flash and not a true force when the playoffs came.

Lebron is exactly the same

Top 50 all-time, but no Super Star "Championship" player

Dr J did most of his damage in the ABA.....but still was a force against the Lakers in the Title matchup.....