I just stumbled upon another Class Action Settlement to join! Just as easy as the Cocoa Krispies/ Rice Krispies one!

I just stumbled upon another class action settlement to join, lol. This one is against WalMart, I had a choice between a WalMart Gift Card or Cash, I chose a gift card because that can be claimed online while Cash claims have to be mailed in. I don't know the value of the WalMart Gift Card, I will have to wait and see. Anyone who wants to join this settlement against WalMart can go to OnlineDVDClass.Com to submit a claim through February 14th.

Here are the details of this Class Action Settlement below:

The lawsuit claims that Wal-Mart and Netflix reached an unlawful agreement under which Wal-Mart would withdraw from the online DVD rental market and Netflix would not sell new DVDs. The lawsuit claims that this agreement caused Netflix subscribers to pay higher prices for online DVD rentals. Wal-Mart and Netflix deny: (1) that they entered into such an agreement, (2) that they have done anything wrong, (3) that the Plaintiffs have been harmed in any way, or (4) that the price of online DVD rentals was raised or inflated by any agreement between Wal-Mart and Netflix.

Wal-Mart is not admitting that it did anything wrong, but both sides want to avoid the cost of further litigation. The Court has not decided in favor of the Plaintiffs or Wal-Mart. The Class Representatives and their attorneys think the Settlement is best for everyone who is affected. The Settlement provides the opportunity for benefits to Class Members. Netflix has not agreed to settle and continues to believe that the lawsuit has no basis. Additional money may become available in the future as a result of a trial or future settlement with Netflix. Alternatively, the litigation may be resolved in favor of Netflix and no additional money may become available. On November 22, 2011, the Court granted Netflix’s Motion for Summary Judgment, resulting in the dismissal of the lawsuit. Plaintiffs can appeal this decision.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: I just stumbled upon another Class Action Settlement to join! Just as easy as the Cocoa Krispies/ Rice Krispies one!

LOL You can make a living looking for these, Mikey.

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: I just stumbled upon another Class Action Settlement to join! Just as easy as the Cocoa Krispies/ Rice Krispies one!

Yini is expensive!

LOL You can make a living looking for these, Mikey.

Yeah, wasn't even looking for another to join, just imagine if I put a little effort into it!

DefenseWins

EOG Veteran

Just signed up for it. How much $ are you expecting? Never done one of these

I signed up for it too, figured i took the time to read through it and i met all the requirements i might as well. Maybe pay for a month or two of netflix.

Herbie

EOG Addicted

Thanks for posting... Was a member of netflix for quite awhile so figure I might well get "my" settlement money... :btj:

Herbie

EOG Addicted

Yeah, wasn't even looking for another to join, just imagine if I put a little effort into it!

I looked at it briefly but it looks like the settlement amount (24 mil?) gets split between whoever files a claim... I think there are like 40 million subscribers to netflix so maybe $10-20 depending on how many actually bother to file the claim? IMO worth the couple minutes it took to fill it out...

BigDaddy

EOG Master

where is the link?

BigDaddy

EOG Master

thanks herbie

thanks mike:cheers

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

enjoy your giftcard for 87 cents.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

got a $15 check from this earlier this week...could not believe it..

Just signed up for it. How much $ are you expecting? Never done one of these

I don't know how much to expect, I am hoping and guessing around $15 or so.

I signed up for it too, figured i took the time to read through it and i met all the requirements i might as well. Maybe pay for a month or two of netflix.

Enjoy the extra funds Brickster!

I looked at it briefly but it looks like the settlement amount (24 mil?) gets split between whoever files a claim... I think there are like 40 million subscribers to netflix so maybe $10-20 depending on how many actually bother to file the claim? IMO worth the couple minutes it took to fill it out...

That would be around my guess and yeah, definitely worth it for the amount of effort, imo.

This one is almost as good as Bagger's picking up the thrown down tickets at the racetrack.