Playing 350 with 50 bounties today at 12

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: Playing 350 with 50 bounties today at 12

Once you get to the final 10 or so let me know and I can help you calculate ICM (basically game theory for tourney poker based on # of chips and payout structure. I can tell you what hands you should just be shoving/folding towards the end to make +ev decisions. If you want me to, that is.

:cheers

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Once you get to the final 10 or so let me know and I can help you calculate ICM (basically game theory for tourney poker based on # of chips and payout structure. I can tell you what hands you should just be shoving/folding towards the end to make +ev decisions. If you want me to, that is.

Will do thanks

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Damn... Just took a bit of a hit... Some senile old man called a big raise with 69 suited and of course nails it on me

PO69

EOG Master

Why dont you ever play in Biloxi at their tournament series events? Granted almost all of the events cost more than $350, but they do always offer a $600 six handed bounty tournament with $100 bounties

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

ICM is much more successful at SNG's and STT's. When people have been playing as long as they have, and are playing live, they'll get to the FT and 1/3 the table will be happy to be there, 1/3 will be sitting on their chips until they get top 1% hands and 1/3 of the table will maintain their same strategy. I'm not saying it's not useful, but valuing your chip stack and playing hands off their value more-so than your cards is scary in MTT's because you don't have a feel for your table until it's possibly too late.

Play the same way you've been playing until you get 6 handed or less IMO - at least that's what I like to do.

Now if you're talking about settling or splitting the prize pool when you get down to 3-4 players, look up an ICM calculator immediately and find out what your chip equity is. Don't accept any split that is lesser than your equity.

PO69

EOG Master

Of course I do. You cant beat the cash games at those series events. I play in some real nice $10-20 Pot Limit Omaha cash games.

But I only play about 1-2 weeks out of each month at series events now. Alot of players are getting turned off of live tournament series events. For instancem his tournament cost $350, but only $300 of that goes in to the pool. And of that $300, 3% is taken out for staff appreciation. Then most of these tournaments will also offer a $10 dealer appreciation at the start that of course doesnt go into the pool.

Then alot of dealers are getting pissed because the tournament directors dont give all of the dealer appreciation money to the dealers. 1/2 of it goes to them.

Fortunately for me, I get free hotel rooms wherever I play, but alot of tournaments are not offering the cheap hotel rooms anymore for the player either

You still travel around playing in theseoF C tourneys, PO?

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

K picked up a few small ones got some momentum back... 14 players left

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Wow!!! Pocket aAA.... Flopped the set... She turns a straight I river the full house.... Get the bounty!! I'm really running nice todau

J

joeybagadonuts

Wow!!! Pocket aAA.... Flopped the set... She turns a straight I river the full house.... Get the bounty!! I'm really running nice todau

Huge.

Close to the final table?

PO69

EOG Master

At around 12-13 players is where you need to be the most aggressive. Short handed tables are my specialty

PO69

EOG Master

Losing to aces isnt a meltdown, unless you had like 7-9 suited

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Final table... Dinner break approaching ... Will do a chip count ... Got another bounty

J

joeybagadonuts

Nice, good job hanging in there and not just giving away your last 50k.

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Ok Joey.... I have 65k...blind about to be 1200 2400 with 300 ante... Chip average looks to be about 80-90k

J

joeybagadonuts

How many people left and what is the payout structure?

J

joeybagadonuts

Ok, I would just fold any non premium hands till you get in the money.

TT+ AKo+

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Oh and no chops at the end ...emo Asian fuckmonkey said no deals at all and he is chip leader

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Ya figured as much..about 30 or so bb.... Levels will be 40 min from now on

J

joeybagadonuts

Good.

I really hope you make it down to HU vs emo asian monkey and beat him.

J

joeybagadonuts

How many players left, G?

You make it into the money?

Don't blind out, look for a spot when you get down to <15 bbs

J

joeybagadonuts

Lets do this.

Chip count?