U N L V

justintalk

EOG Veteran
Just one play yesterday but it was very telling.Smart teams at the end of the first half hold the ball for the last shot.20 seconds left in the first half they run up court and turn it over just stupid basketball and bad coaching by rice.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: U N L V

I've recently lost some respect for Dave Rice, too.

One thing about Lon Kruger: his teams played defense and crashed the glass.

railbird

EOG Master

Just one play yesterday but it was very telling.Smart teams at the end of the first half hold the ball for the last shot.20 seconds left in the first half they run up court and turn it over just stupid basketball and bad coaching by rice.

didnt see this, but when I went to a coaching clinic in October that Coach Rice was at he talked on this, he doesnt like to hold the ball for a bad buzzer shot, rather run the offense and get a good look, Dave isnt the one who turned the ball over. Doesnt like to run clock with a lead either as we saw in the No Car win.

justintalk

EOG Veteran

This is his first year as head coach he has made many mistakes if he doesn't learn to hold the ball at the end of the first half and get a good shot and not give the ball away with 12 seconds left then he will never win.I have watched many unlv games and they make many mental mistakes.

This is his first year as head coach he has made many mistakes if he doesn't learn to hold the ball at the end of the first half and get a good shot and not give the ball away with 12 seconds left then he will never win.I have watched many unlv games and they make many mental mistakes.

I agree. There's no excuse for not holding the ball for the last shot of the half. Rice's biggest asset is not his brain, but rather his Bishop Gorman pipeline.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

David Rice is learning...I give him a pass in his first year....

At least the city of Las Vegas is talking basketball again....

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

UNLV = Lucky to be 500 in Big East.Stupid basketball can still win in Mountain West,but it wouldnt work here.

High Times

EOG Master

Holding the ball for the last shot is stupid.

I have watched game after game where these IDIOTS hold the ball until 8 seconds left and never get off a good shot. The only time they get a good shot is when the defense lets the guy with the ball take a long 3 point shot. Other than that it is completely stupid to hold the ball for the last shot because that shot is always a bad shot.

The only time that is acceptable is when it is the last shot of a tie game.

All other times just get the 2 or 3 points and get back and play defense.

Trying to out think the game is making these games horrible to watch.

:btj:

I fucking hate it when a team I bet holds the ball just to NOT SCORE at the end of the half or quarters.