Donaghy Tout Service

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted
Re: Donaghy Tout Service

I do feel what he did was reprehensible, however in my eyes he paid his dues.

Why are you talking in the past tense? No one with a proper moral compass can look at the evidence in that link I gave and come away with, at minimum, doubt about the integrity of this person. Yet you are happy to plow ahead and continue to defend him.

The fraud is ongoing. Forget the fixing of games for the moment; he has since then published lies and stands by those lies to this day. And now you are publicly on record supporting him. I have critisized you in the past for being a dishonest tout and couldn't have asked for a better storyline for evidence to back me up. This move is absolutely disgraceful.

Heim

EOG Master

maybe you havent read Tims blogs the last 2 years. He hit about 90% of nba playoff games, why? So what he doesnt jump like Leon Wood?

You missed the point, nonetheless, think about it 'Rail'.......why isn't he working for
the same syndicates now that he's out of jail? Syndicates have no morals...they
don't care if you're serial killer. He's not working for them because they'd actually
be gambling now......lol

railbird

EOG Master

You missed the point, nonetheless, think about it 'Rail'.......why isn't he working for
the same syndicates now that he's out of jail? Syndicates have no morals...they
don't care if you're serial killer. He's not working for them because they'd actually
be gambling now......lol

Id be much more interested in talking to summit confrence refs then I would Billy Walters if I was handicapping a Southern Utah Western Illinois game.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Why are you talking in the past tense? No one with a proper moral compass can look at the evidence in that link I gave and come away with, at minimum, doubt about the integrity of this person. Yet you are happy to plow ahead and continue to defend him.

The fraud is ongoing. Forget the fixing of games for the moment; he has since then published lies and stands by those lies to this day. And now you are publicly on record supporting him. I have critisized you in the past for being a dishonest tout and couldn't have asked for a better storyline for evidence to back me up. This move is absolutely disgraceful.
You are the consummate manipulator. I am not sure if it is stupidity or arrogance though I believe it is a little of both. Nowhere in here did I support what he did. Ask your poor unfortunate wife to read the thread. I said that he was punished and is now entitled to move on. I am defending someones' right to serve out the punishment handed down. You should have spent another year watching Big Bird.

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted

Nowhere in here did I support what he did.

Consummate manipulator indeed. Nowhere did I say you support what he did. You are supporting him as a handicapper and you are supporting him as a person. The same person who is maintaining an ongoing fraud for which I have provided plenty of evidence that you are conspicuously ignoring with every post.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

You are the consummate manipulator. I am not sure if it is stupidity or arrogance though I believe it is a little of both. Nowhere in here did I support what he did. Ask your poor unfortunate wife to read the thread. I said that he was punished and is now entitled to move on. I am defending someones' right to serve out the punishment handed down. You should have spent another year watching Big Bird.

Nothing short of amazing you post he has the problem with reading comprehension. His point is simple, and you have completely avoided, ignored, or are the one too stupid or too arrogant to address it. He asked "why are you talking past tense?" and provided links and evidence not addressing what he did, but what he is. You, as in past conversations, have refused to address the matter of point..........now, would you like to bring up Yo Gabba Gabba and avoid it once again?

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Paul Bovi is now on record stating he believes Tim Donaghy will be a winning sports bettor going forward. Here is an example of Donaghy's "analysis". The reader can judge for himself whether Bovi's judgment about the qualities of a winning sports bettor is sound or not.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11341/did-dick-bavetta-prop-up-weaker-teams
You asked me if the guy can hit over 52.5%. I think he can and will. Handicapping is sometimes a perception based upon the individual experience of the gambler. Many people perceive the Suns as an over team because of years past yet they are under this year at a 68% clip. I am 3-0 to the Celtics on the over yet they are 15-19 to the low side on the year. Tim may have enjoyed success with Bavetta because he had a history of picking against him at the right time, for whatever reason. Part of what makes the book interesting is the he speaks from his perceptions and experiences and not just bean counter gibberish. Donaghy's appearance on the EOG Hour seemed to draw very favorable reviews. Most people had good things to say. JK obviously wanted him on the show. I notice that you did not send anything to JK so that Tim's feet could be held to the fire and since you are such a talented capper according to Dink, I also have never seen you throw up a pick on this site. I have also never in a very long time seen anyone who takes a word or words and twists them to support his own self serving beliefs/interests like you do. I am willing to bet you 2,000 American dollars or 35,978 Czech Crowns that Tim can nab the 52.5% over the course of the next 55 picks. If you agree I will try to get Tim's participation and we can let Dink hold the money.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Nothing short of amazing you post he has the problem with reading comprehension. His point is simple, and you have completely avoided, ignored, or are the one too stupid or too arrogant to address it. He asked "why are you talking past tense?" and provided links and evidence not addressing what he did, but what he is. You, as in past conversations, have refused to address the matter of point..........now, would you like to bring up Yo Gabba Gabba and avoid it once again?
Because his crimes are in the past. Please clarify what he is now engaging in that is illegal. Please enlighten me and give it to me like I am a 6 year old.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Consummate manipulator indeed. Nowhere did I say you support what he did. You are supporting him as a handicapper and you are supporting him as a person. The same person who is maintaining an ongoing fraud for which I have provided plenty of evidence that you are conspicuously ignoring with every post.
I believe he can hit over the 52.5%. If that is what your definition is of supporting him as a handicapper, then I support him in that regard. I support the man in that he has a right to move forward with his life, just as many of the people have on this site who have had issues with the law. I support people in general who own up to their responsibilities, take responsibility for their actions, and who accept their punishment.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Because his crimes are in the past. Please clarify what he is now engaging in that is illegal. Please enlighten me and give it to me like I am a 6 year old.

FTLoG, who said anything about illegal? Did you read those posts that PC provided? Do you think after reading those posts (and there's more) that Donaghy IS a credible source for gambling information? Do you feel after reading such current evidence, no apprehension for assocating yourself with him?

For a guy that has stated numerous times you do this for pride/accolades/recognition, I would think this would be the last guy you would want to be partnered with in any gambling endeavor. And to make this perfectly clear, it's not just because of what he did in the past, it's because of what he is now.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

FTLoG, who said anything about illegal? Did you read those posts that PC provided? Do you think after reading those posts (and there's more) that Donaghy IS a credible source for gambling information? Do you feel after reading such current evidence, no apprehension for assocating your self with him?

For a guy that has stated numerous times you do this for pride/accolades/recognition, I would think this would be the last guy you would want to be partnered with in any gambling endeavor. And to make this perfectly clear, it's not just because of what he did in the past, it's because of what he is now.
If you are asking me if every single nugget of that book was the truth, I would say probably not, which is usually the case in the way of books or movies. The only PC post with any teeth was the one where the T Wolve line moved 2 points. Still, I do not know what the real story is there and at this point what is the point. Shit happened 5 years ago. What he is now to you is based upon his past and how you perceive him. When you say credible source for gambling info, what do you mean? Our show is about providing insight based upon his and my knowledge of the NBA as well as in my case, other sports. Is he not capable of that? I will state again with conviction that Tim and I are here for different reasons. As far as what he is now, I see him as a guy who is trying to put things back together and doing what he needs to do to survive during a time of crisis.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

If you are asking me if every single nugget of that book was the truth, I would say probably not, which is usually the case in the way of books or movies. The only PC post with any teeth was the one where the T Wolve line moved 2 points. Still, I do not know what the real story is there and at this point what is the point. Shit happened 5 years ago. What he is now to you is based upon his past and how you perceive him. When you say credible source for gambling info, what do you mean? Our show is about providing insight based upon his and my knowledge of the NBA as well as in my case, other sports. Is he not capable of that? I will state again with conviction that Tim and I are here for different reasons. As far as what he is now, I see him as a guy who is trying to put things back together and doing what he needs to do to survive during a time of crisis.

Ok, we could do this all night. Here's another excerpt from Sabermetricresearchblogspot:
"Referee Joe Crawford had a grandson who idolized [Allen] Iverson," writes Donaghy. "I once saw Crawford bring the boy out of the stands and onto the floor during warm-ups to meet the superstar. Iverson and Crawford’s grandson were standing there, shaking hands, smiling, talking about all kinds of things. If Joe Crawford was on the court, I was pretty sure Iverson’s team would win or at least cover the spread."

Anyway, we don't have to take Donaghy's word for it: we can check the records. Actually, ESPN's Abbott already checked. It turns out that Donaghy's accusations are completely false. With Crawford refereeing, Iverson's teams went 5-9 against the spread. That's .357, not .700.

He is CURRENTLY a fraud and a liar. He fits the exact profile on the type of scum touts you have stated on here you despise as well. You've said you've tried to distance yourself from the majority of these guys, and here you are in bed with him. It doesn't matter if you have different agendas, the name Bovi and Donaghy are now linked with regards to gambling/touting.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

As far as what he is now, I see him as a guy who is trying to put things back together and doing what he needs to do to survive during a time of crisis.

That is all well and good. But, is it moral to help this person sell something to people that has no documentation of being successful? You, yourself said you think he can hit 52.5% or better which illustrates that you don't know if he can or cannot.

What if, you were to pull money out of your own pocket and bet his picks - document them - copy every ticket - and let us know how it turns out.

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted

I am willing to bet you 2,000 American dollars or 35,978 Czech Crowns that Tim can nab the 52.5% over the course of the next 55 picks. If you agree I will try to get Tim's participation and we can let Dink hold the money.

Sounds good. We'll hold a public contest to see if a former federal prisoner convicted of betting on and influencing NBA games can be successful by ... wait for it ... continuing to bet on NBA games. What could possibly go wrong?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Sounds good. We'll hold a public contest to see if a former federal prisoner convicted of betting on and influencing NBA games can be successful by ... wait for it ... continuing to bet on NBA games. What could possibly go wrong?

It's not like we could be sure you would be even playing against the ref - how would we prove that?

:+clueless

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted

It's not like we could be sure you would be even playing against the ref - how would we prove that?

:+clueless

This is only about the 100th "challenge" on the forums I have seen over the past decade+. They all have practically zero chance of happening for many different types of logistical problems that The Challenger is generally ignorant about.

yisman

EOG Master
Re: Donahey Tout Service

no i don't....i know enough about one of his betting partners to know which story is close to being accurate and it is not tim's.....

agreed. Donaghy is an inveterate liar

corrupt scumbag and feels the need to constantly lie to feel better about himself

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

That is all well and good. But, is it moral to help this person sell something to people that has no documentation of being successful? You, yourself said you think he can hit 52.5% or better which illustrates that you don't know if he can or cannot.

What if, you were to pull money out of your own pocket and bet his picks - document them - copy every ticket - and let us know how it turns out.
Why would I play someone elses picks when I am confident in my own?

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

no shot Donaghy can cap a basketball game. Or get and use "inside information" to do so. Not exactly a new tout pitch.

zippo chance he is a winning NBA capper

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Czech, it was not meant to be a public contest, but one where his picks would be posted on the Forum which would actually benefit those that would want to follow him; and regardless of what you think there are people on this forum that would be very interested in what he has to say,even those that harbor ill will. Again, the manipulation for the self serving. If you want the action the offer stands. You guys obviously have a problem with Tim. Why don't you ask he appear on the show again, and you can pepper him with these assertions about Iverson, the T Wolve line moves, and have JK convey the hate, a Jim Gray type assault. I will again say that Tim was fairly well received when he came on the show as that thread would support. As for me it is always guilt by association with a select few but there are those as I mentioned that possess a universal distrust and loathing for any and all cappers and thus I have no shot to escape the wrath of your hate although unlike most cappers, I am on every single pick I post normally within minutes of that post which I can prove. Once again, I do not 'need' to be on VI or the radio show, I do it because I like it which is the path I choose in doing things these days. People that know me, know that to be the truth. If you want the contest Czech, find me on another thread because I will not be logging back in. I have covered all I need to.

Czech, it was not meant to be a public contest, but one where his picks would be posted on the Forum which would actually benefit those that would want to follow him; and regardless of what you think there are people on this forum that would be very interested in what he has to say,even those that harbor ill will. Again, the manipulation for the self serving. If you want the action the offer stands. You guys obviously have a problem with Tim. Why don't you ask he appear on the show again, and you can pepper him with these assertions about Iverson, the T Wolve line moves, and have JK convey the hate, a Jim Gray type assault. I will again say that Tim was fairly well received when he came on the show as that thread would support. As for me it is always guilt by association with a select few but there are those as I mentioned that possess a universal distrust and loathing for any and all cappers and thus I have no shot to escape the wrath of your hate although unlike most cappers, I am on every single pick I post normally within minutes of that post which I can prove. Once again, I do not 'need' to be on VI or the radio show, I do it because I like it which is the path I choose in doing things these days. People that know me, know that to be the truth. If you want the contest Czech, find me on another thread because I will not be logging back in. I have covered all I need to.

Well, I for one appreciate your measured response to the questions. I might disagree, but it's nice to hear a little more light thrown on the situation not only from you but others. Good thread, IMO.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Why is there all this bitching? Easy solution. Someone get Tim's picks and post them here (after they go off as we don't want to take money out of his mouth) and we will let the picks speak for themselves.

Or is someone going to say "we don't have access to his plays"?

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

It's just more fluff and deflection.

The point that many including myself enjoyed the Donaghy interview has nothing to do with supporting what he's doing now. You seem to keep bringing this up as some form of confirmation on your side of the argument. If JK interviews OJ I'm sure I'd think it was a great interview, but would have the same issue if OJ boasts hitting 70% with his NFL plays to lure clients, and have you abet this behavior by co-hosting a gambling show.

I'm going to break this down very simply for you. If the only thing we knew about Tim Donaghy was that he rescued 30 children from a burning school bus, and claims to have hit 70% of his NBA plays to deceive future subscribers, he is a scum bag tout in the gambling community. We are adressing the isssue of the deception of being somebody worthy of accepting money based on a self-proclaimed record of 70% NBA winners, and an ability to continue profitability. He's marketed himself as such.

You've continued to ignore the above, and would rather talk about Tim's kids as if selling gambling picks is some sort of contrition for past digresssions. Another popular tout-esque practice is the facade that the selling of their picks is more an altruistic endeavor. Grade A+ here with Tim who has turned himself into the victim, and to show penance, he is forced to receive monetary compensation just to make ends meet while marketing himself fraudulently. You've associated yourself with this. You've associated yourself with a guy that today uses a 70% NBA past success rate to entice subscriptions, and one that portrays himself as a victim to do the same. One that claims great success betting NBA games because of an understanding of the game, yet empirical data has shown him to be a complete fraud. No apology for the lies in the book, no apology for conning his subscriber. Nope, that's not good for business. You support this.

I guess you really can snow the snowman.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Well said! We just keep going back to the fact that a lot of touts want to sell picks without proving or documenting their value.

Pbovi would not use these picks himself but thinks it is fine if the ref sells them to other people.

That's the interesting part about tout advertising and marketing. Other products sold to consumers are bound by truth in advertising. That does not exist in the world of touts.

seanpatrick

EOG Member

I spoke to Donaghy and I am currently working with him. He has done very well going about 68%. I will keep everyone posted on if he is able to keep this up, he claims during the playoffs he will be able to hit 70%...:scooter

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted

Czech, it was not meant to be a public contest, but one where his picks would be posted on the Forum which would actually benefit those that would want to follow him.

??

WTF do you need some goofy contest for? What's to stop you from just posting the fukcing plays?

Thanks for the offer of getting involved with the promotion and raising exposure for this POS, but I think I'll pass.

PerpetualCzech

EOG Addicted

Well, I for one appreciate your measured response to the questions.

I must be reading the wrong thread. If you can point to the spots where he gave an acceptable reason for helping to popularize this scumbag I'd be grateful. So far all I've noticed is "because I choose to", "because I like to" and "haha I'm in South America eating food and you're not".

Earlier in the thread I implied that Bovi agreeing to help promote Donaghy necessarily meant that he was either clueless or dishonest. He thinks Donaghy is a winning capper (but won't bet his plays LOL) and when presented with evidence Donaghy is a liar and a fraud has not wavered in his willingness to promote him. So it ends up we found out he is both.

Heim

EOG Master

I spoke to Donaghy and I am currently working with him. He has done very well going about 68%. I will keep everyone posted on if he is able to keep this up, he claims during the playoffs he will be able to hit 70%...:scooter

Is he documented anywhere by a third party besides the popular monitoring service called 'self'?

seanpatrick

EOG Member

Is he documented anywhere by a third party besides the popular monitoring service called 'self'?

Hey, all I can tell you is the guy tells it straight up and I deal directly with him. He will tell you that he won't win every game but games jump out at him and he has some of us bet them big and it works. You guys can bang him all you want but I have no problem working with the guy, he tells me shit before a game about a certain team, player and referee and it happens. I am 6-2 dealing with him and the games that he says the spreads are off by 5-6 points.

yisman

EOG Master

he's a well-documented liar, so that alone would give me pause.

He reminds me a little of Jose Canseco. He got in trouble for something and then tried to use the whole thing to his advantage by attention whoring and blatantly lying about others.

Like Canseco, there are occasionally bits of truth in what he says, but you should not believe what he says because he'll say anything.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

If he's hitting 68%, why doesn't he just bet his plays for the limit and make hundreds of thousands? What the fvck does he need my chump change for? Um never mind, I think I know the answer.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Jammer: The guy is not exactly flush right now as was pointed out here many times
Czech,Bucky: I do not play others' picks in either the NBA, NFL,or CFB 2nd halfs and that would include BW if I were privy to the info. I have faith in thee and would sooner double mine.

Czech:I do not promote Tim or anybody he is affiliated with.We do a broadcast.He is my friend

Sportsrmylife: I do not have access to his picks unless I ask. It would be up to him to do anything on his own. If Czech took the wager I would have approached him. Czech no likey.

Question: Who advertised and where did you hear the 70%? Was it Tim? I don't think so.

Yes Czech...''awesome..just awesome' is South America. Practice your Spanish and post some picks. Dobry Den!

yisman

EOG Master

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11340/tim-donaghys-claims-on-trial

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....aghy-continues-to-claim-he-did-not-fix-games/

His own words from his book and other places.

And then we had his claims during the NBA playoffs a year or two ago, where he was claiming a similar win rate.
This stuff predates the book. 70% is a no brainer if you are on the inside. I'm referring to the present...like 2010 and onward.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Awesome. Just awesome.

Sean Patrick has posted on this site with a different handle, and since this ghost bumped a different thread where that handle had several posts, he can't claim he didn't remember what it was. Also, this is a direct contradiction to what he has said about Donaghy in the past:

Hey, all I can tell you is the guy tells it straight up and I deal directly with him

He has stated the opposite.