only got one

newport2

EOG Dedicated
Re: only got one

It amazes me how a few internet punks can even be in the same thread with someone who makes their living wagering on sports. Only in America. LMFAO

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

ok Timely you might be right on the facts of this one team...but i highly doubt your gambling resume is quite as prolific as AB

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

ok Timely you might be right on the facts of this one team...but i highly doubt your gambling resume is quite as prolific as AB

So, because he has a "gambling resume" I'm supposed to let him mislead the posters? Is that what you're saying. I may not gamble for a living - in fact I don't gamble at all currently - but I've posted way more winners than losers on here, and well before Boston came around.

Boston is just another poster. If you guys wanna give the guy knob, that's fine, but I'm not going to stop correcting his incorrect statements. You haven't been around before this year really Gmen, but I've posted over 600 NCAAB plays at over 55% on these forums since I started in '06. I've lost money betting on sports in that time because I'm a degen, but that means nothing.

It's amazing to me newport that if you disagree with a guy who was wrong you can get lambasted because he was in a book one time.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

It's amazing to me newport that if you disagree with a guy who was wrong you can get lambasted because he was in a book one time.
It's not that you disagree, or that you are right or wrong, it is the manner in which you convey your thoughts. This guy has earned some respect over the years making a decent living wagering on sports. I have run across very few people that can say that in my gambling career. You are a smart kid, be humble. Good Luck

PonyOne

EOG Enthusiast

Classic example of "older School" vs. "Newer school". Boston is trying to paint you a picture of how he sees a game (might be a little confusing at times) but nonetheless it has worked for him, especially in years long gone. He had admitted a few years back, that the game is much tougher for him now, but he is not going to change. It is what it is!

Now the new school approach is "don't have time for your reasoning--just give me the winner".
If it wins, you are a hero "timely". If it loses--you offer me no value. Black and white is all you see.

I think there is room for both on this site. The difference is I have yet to see Boston call out any of the "new schoolers" or challenge them on their opinion, call them fools or idiots, etc. But he sure gets ganged up on when his thoughts might have a meaningless hole or two in them, but the overall picture is clear (for most of us).

Timely, you might have a winning record here (congrats), but recognize the value a contributor like AB offers. You do not have to agree with his thought process or his picks, but don't jump on every perceived mistake, thinking we value your opinion, or you are helping this site (correcting mistakes). You are wasting your time as well as our time, having to sift thru a thread like this.

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

So, because he has a "gambling resume" I'm supposed to let him mislead the posters? Is that what you're saying. I may not gamble for a living - in fact I don't gamble at all currently - but I've posted way more winners than losers on here, and well before Boston came around.

Boston is just another poster. If you guys wanna give the guy knob, that's fine, but I'm not going to stop correcting his incorrect statements. You haven't been around before this year really Gmen, but I've posted over 600 NCAAB plays at over 55% on these forums since I started in '06. I've lost money betting on sports in that time because I'm a degen, but that means nothing.

fair enough...lets win some money today :cheers

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Timely you tosser, :LMAOyouve fallen for the same shit that makes 99% of punters losers. How much one team is rated over another is a side issue, as we all know rarely does the game end on that number. Likewise, knowledge of Sport, players, coaches etc doesnt mean one is superior when it comes to betting these games, in fact some shrewd people will tell it can be a negative.

Its fairly obvious from his posts that Alan Bostons OPINION is that Kentucky doesnt match-up well with Witchita St, therefore getting +6 points is a good bet. Your OPINION is that he is wrong, but thats what makes bookmakers rich, finding the middle ground between two firm OPINIONS.

I would think Boston would agree that you and many more know more about The Sport than him but I fear if it came to which person people would side on, there would be very few in your corner. :cheers

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Well, if Boston is around next year for college hoops I'd gladly challenge the guy to a challenge and you can post up in Boston's corner. I'm sure I could find a few people to join me in mine... Enjoy.

High Times

EOG Master

Classic example of "older School" vs. "Newer school". Boston is trying to paint you a picture of how he sees a game (might be a little confusing at times) but nonetheless it has worked for him, especially in years long gone. He had admitted a few years back, that the game is much tougher for him now, but he is not going to change. It is what it is!

Now the new school approach is "don't have time for your reasoning--just give me the winner".
If it wins, you are a hero "timely". If it loses--you offer me no value. Black and white is all you see.

I think there is room for both on this site. The difference is I have yet to see Boston call out any of the "new schoolers" or challenge them on their opinion, call them fools or idiots, etc. But he sure gets ganged up on when his thoughts might have a meaningless hole or two in them, but the overall picture is clear (for most of us).

Timely, you might have a winning record here (congrats), but recognize the value a contributor like AB offers. You do not have to agree with his thought process or his picks, but don't jump on every perceived mistake, thinking we value your opinion, or you are helping this site (correcting mistakes). You are wasting your time as well as our time, having to sift thru a thread like this.

You mean "old school" vs. "never schooled"

:pop:

boston red

EOG Member

Why dont you read what I wrote. I wrote they lost to ill st in the conference tourney. Read the fucking post. I said in a flat spot, that even though they had already beaten ill st, coming off a home run win at Davidson, they still ran ill state out of the gym. If your going to criticize, at least read what is written.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why dont you read what I wrote. I wrote they lost to ill st in the conference tourney. Read the fucking post. I said in a flat spot, that even though they had already beaten ill st, coming off a home run win at Davidson, they still ran ill state out of the gym. If your going to criticize, at least read what is written.

My apologies, I misread that post. You are right there, but saying those teams don't care about Arch Madness is naive. In the Valley, that means a lot to the players and coaches - a lot.

Regardless, that was not the only thing I disagreed with you on but to each his own.

boston red

EOG Member

There was no mistake in what I wrote. Wich lost to Ill st in conference tourney. They beat them for th 2nd time in a tough spot coming off a big win at Davidson. In that tough spot, they quickly ran ill state out. Those are all accurate facts. The idiot that says that they dont even play davidson, obviously does not follow the sport. I made my point. I would by my house on Wich plus 6 vs Kentucky and I would win barring some anomalous good bad shooting night. That is my belief. People for sure can disagree, but at least respond with facts instead of subjective nonsense.

boston red

EOG Member

My apologies, I misread that post. You are right there, but saying those teams don't care about Arch Madness is naive. In the Valley, that means a lot to the players and coaches - a lot.

Regardless, that was not the only thing I disagreed with you on but to each his own.

Wichita State knew they were in the tourney and in with a good seed. Teams that had beaten a team twice during the year, struggled big time in the 3rd matchup. Subconsciously, Wich St would have a hard time getting ready for the ill state game. I believe they were flat for one of the rare times this year. Witness ky beat vandy twice but could not the 3rd time. You think Vandy is better than Wichita, then I seriously disagree.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Now when did I say they didn't play Davidson? I thought you meant they played Davidson before ISU in the conference tournament - not the regular season.

Let's move passed me misreading that one comment. I think it was obvious that they played Davidson before ISU already, as I posted the schedule.

Now onto Kentucky having a 25% chance of beating Wichita.

boston red

EOG Member

Ok so here is the deal. I do not have wich st rated the highest team in the country, not close. I did not mislead anyone. I stated facts. In the tourney where playing the half court is de rigeuer, and where coaching is relevant. I feel Greg Marshall is as good as it gets. I have Wich st only a 4 point dog to Kentucky off of my power ratings. Others would have it higher, albeit not much. I just feel that Marshall vs Calipari is a huge mismatch and that senior dominated teams have an edge over youth. Wich st has the far superior coach and the more mature players. I personally can not envision Kentucky beating WIch st. I stand behind that 100%. It does not make me stupid as that I am not. I do think outside the box, sometime too far, but in this case, no way. I am done with this discussion.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

There was no mistake in what I wrote. Wich lost to Ill st in conference tourney. They beat them for th 2nd time in a tough spot coming off a big win at Davidson. In that tough spot, they quickly ran ill state out. Those are all accurate facts. The idiot that says that they dont even play davidson, obviously does not follow the sport. I made my point. I would by my house on Wich plus 6 vs Kentucky and I would win barring some anomalous good bad shooting night. That is my belief. People for sure can disagree, but at least respond with facts instead of subjective nonsense.

You're certainly entitled to your belief, but you'd be homeless. Be glad that matchup and that line didn't happen.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

You make the line 4, and you'd bet everything you could on +6?

Your house is worth two whole points?

You "just couldn't see" New Mexico losing to Louisville, either.

I'm not calling you stupid. You're entitled to your opinion. But we're equally entitled to disagree with you and call yours a bad one.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

You're certainly entitled to your belief, but you'd be homeless. Be glad that matchup and that line didn't happen.
I would love to take Wichita State +6 against Kentucky at a site like Tulsa, Oklahoma, or anywhere West. I'll pass on Louisville or Atlanta.

rainbow

EOG Master

It wasn't that long ago when Boston Red and Oscar(Frog) were partners and brother BW didn't have nothing on these two back in the day. I still can't believe Oscar is gone, he had just finish working out and went in the shower and had a heart attack while taking a shower.

rainbow

EOG Master

It amazes me how a few internet punks can even be in the same thread with someone who makes their living wagering on sports. Only in America. LMFAO
I couldn't have said it any better. I hope you are doing ok...

railbird

EOG Master

There is a reason Calipari has never won, inspite of cheating is ass off annualy. His teams turn the ball over and are terriible in the half court. Butler and Brad Stevens were better than Kentucky last 2 years, despite having a powerrating of 5 points lower by some. Alan said Witchita had the best team, not the best players, there is a big diffrence.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Alan Boston exaggerates to make a point.

It's called hyperbole.

The point was simple: Wichita State was a better team than most people thought.

At season's end, I had only 10 teams favored over Wichita State on a neutral court in a tournament setting.

Timely, for a smart guy, you need to relax just a little bit.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

Stutz' missed layup is still haunting my mind.. it was such an easy shot if he goes glass instead of trying to be fancy

Heim

EOG Master

the O/U on MVC wins in tourney was 3.5 and Bama opened 1.5 over Creighton....

looked like the market had a high opinion of WSU as well...

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

It wasn't that long ago when Boston Red and Oscar(Frog) were partners and brother BW didn't have nothing on these two back in the day. I still can't believe Oscar is gone, he had just finish working out and went in the shower and had a heart attack while taking a shower.

Oscar was Frog, as in Omnivorous Frog? As in of Rx and EOG fame..hot tub, cigar, and massage post-victory. Or intend other Frog?

An uncle of mine conversed with Oscar frequently back-in-the-day.