Who has the best EOG team?

Re: Who has the best EOG team?

Ervin is this year nolasco. Sick of hearing about this guy like he is good for some reason. I got both of them around 400. I'll go $100 on each under 420. No injury provision.

Timetopay

EOG Master

I dont think I talked him up. Just didnt have other keepers:btj:

Nah he gonna be much better than Ubaldo. I couldnt watch him pitch one more game. Something about his body language says"i dont give a fuck"

Ervin will be good but not sure how he is getting so much press time on the board

Timetopay

EOG Master

This is going to sound Timelyish but other day was in Starbucks in between appointments and Shields and Tom Foley came in.

Guy looks like a beast. Didnt go up and say shit but gave him the head nod as he walked out and he knew what was up

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

This is going to sound Timelyish but other day was in Starbucks in between appointments and Shields and Tom Foley came in.

Guy looks like a beast. Didnt go up and say shit but gave him the head nod as he walked out and he knew what was up

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Nothing wrong with timelyish actions.

Nope. Your team is very strong. i wish I was against someone else.

I guess if we are being honest. I fear you as well. Think it's gonna be a close matchup. CC always starts slow. So I would prolly give u an advantage too...

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I guess if we are being honest. I fear you as well. Think it's gonna be a close matchup. CC always starts slow. So I would prolly give u an advantage too...

Looked at your team earlier today. You got nice balance. I think one of the best lineups in the league. You also have the anchor in CC along with Gio. If YU can be what they expect, then your team has the pitching to go with the bats.

Yes, CC does start off slow. But, then again, so does Felix and most pitchers. Kuroda has a tough match up for you...I think its vs Price and then vs Haren or Weaver.

I never knew MC :finger004

Excited at all?

Guy hasnt played a meaningful match in almost a year, give him a break.

It's spring. The Mariners,Indians,Padres are all still excited. At least until they get pummled and start the chants of "next year". Or "2013".

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Starting Pitchers
[TABLE="class: noBorder, width: 100%"]
<tbody>

[TD="width: 15%, align: center"]

James Shields

Tue 12:00AM [/TD]
[TD="width: 70%, colspan: 2, align: center"]

[TABLE="class: noBorder"]
<tbody>

[TD="class: edgescore"]17[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: edgescore"]20[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

Justin Verlander

[TD="width: 35%"]Rays starting pitcher James Shield, who had been more or less dominant so far this spring, wasn't quite as impressive Thursday at the Pirates. He allowed five runs -- three earned -- on 10 hits with two walks and six strikeouts in 5 2/3 innings. His ERA jumped from 0.64 to 2.04 with the performance.
(Updated 03/22/2012).

More...

[/TD]
[TD="width: 35%"]

Justin Verlander

overcame a rocky first and pitched six solid innings in his next-to-last start of spring training Sunday as the Tigers beat the Philadelphia Phillies, 6-3, in a split-squad game. The 2011 AL Cy Young winner and MVP, allowed four hits -- and two runs -- to the first five Phillies, then retired 15 of the next 18 batters, allowing just three infield singles after the first inning. For the day, Verlander gave up seven hits and two runs, with three strikeouts and no walks. "I made a little bit of an adjustment, keeping my chest over my body a little bit," Verlander told MLB.com. "That got me to where I needed to be. I wasn't leaving the ball up in the zone and was hitting my spots better. I felt it when I was out there. I've always been blessed with being able to make adjustments pretty quickly."
(Updated 03/25/2012).

More...

[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>

Yovani Gallardo

<tbody>

[TD="class: edgescore"]16[/TD]

[/TD]
[TD="class: edgescore"]18[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

Zack Greinke

[TD="width: 35%"]After allowing four runs in his previous outing, Brewers pitcher

Yovani Gallardo

looked much better in Wednesday's Cactus League start against the Diamondbacks. He threw 4 2/3 scoreless innings, giving up seven hits and walking one. The right-hander also struck out three while lowering his spring ERA to 2.77. “I got some work from the stretch today and I got some double plays to get out of some jams,” Gallardo said. “I worked on my changeup today. It is just matter of having confidence in it. I am still working on it. I am starting to feel comfortable with it and that is a good sign.”
(Updated 03/21/2012).

More...

[/TD]
[TD="width: 35%"]Brewers pitcher

Zack Greinke

continued his dominant spring in Friday's Cactus League game against the Angels. He threw 5 1/3 scoreless innings, giving up just two hits while striking out nine. Greinke did not issue a walk while lowering his spring ERA to 0.73. "Really, he’s got all his pitches working right now," manager Ron Roenicke told the

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

. "That’s really nice to see. His cutter’s good. Everything’s good."
(Updated 03/23/2012).

More...

[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>

Colby Lewis

<tbody>

[TD="class: edgescore"]14[/TD]

[/TD]
[TD="class: edgescore"]17[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

Adam Wainwright

[TD="width: 35%"]Texas starting pitcher

Colby Lewis

nearly gets defensive when talking about it. After all, he's been defending his balky hip for six seasons now. Lewis, 32, said his complicated hip issue will not prevent him from taking his turn in the rotation as he enters his third season with the Rangers. "Why even talk about it?" Lewis told ESPN.com. "I just deal with it. It doesn't concern me. I've dealt with it and will deal with it as I have. I don't even know what to call it. But I know how to deal with it."
(Updated 03/26/2012).

More...

[/TD]
[TD="width: 35%"]St. Louis starting pitcher

Adam Wainwright

fired five shutout innings and yielded only three hits during the Cardinals' 2-1 victory over Miami in a Grapefruit League matchup on Friday. Wainwright, who missed St. Louis championship run last year following Tommy John surgery, struck out five batters and walked one. He has given up just an unearned run in 14 innings this spring. He got into trouble in the third inning after allowing back-to-back singles open the inning. But the right-hander struck out

Emilio Bonifacio

and got

Hanley Ramirez

to bounce into a double play. “Any time you get him out, you’ve done a good job,” Wainwright said. “It’s good to get in those kinds of situations in spring training."
(Updated 03/23/2012).

More...

[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>

John Danks

<tbody>

[TD="class: edgescore"]13[/TD]

[/TD]
[TD="class: edgescore"]15[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

Anibal Sanchez

[TD="width: 35%"]White Sox manager Robin Ventura announced after Monday's Cactus League game against the Dodgers that

John Danks

will start opening day. Danks worked seven innings during the contest, allowing three runs (two earned) on five hits. The left-hander retired the first 10 batters he faced until

Jerry Hairston

broke up the perfect game in the fourth. Danks also struck out four and did not walk a batter. "He's that guy for us," Ventura told MLB.com. "He's the guy we want to lead off with and count on. And he's willing to take that on. I like when I look in his eyes what I see back."
(Updated 03/26/2012).

More...

[/TD]
[TD="width: 35%"]Miami starting pitcher

Anibal Sanchez

was roughed up for six runs and seven hits -- all singles -- in 2 2/3 innings during the Marlins' 7-4 loss to Houston in a Grapefruit League matchup on Monday. Sanchez could not duplicate his outing in his spring debut and allowed all six of the runs in the third inning with two outs.He did strike out four of the 15 batters he faced and did not permit a walk. The right-hander has eight strikeouts this spring, with a 11.57 ERA. “If you look at the positive thing, I threw a lot of strikes and that’s why they made a lot of contact,” Sanchez said. “They made a lot of easy hits, a lot of ground balls, bloopers. I didn’t see any hard contact.”
(Updated 03/19/2012).

More...

[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>

Shaun Marcum

<tbody>

[TD="class: edgescore"]13[/TD]

[/TD]
[TD="class: edgescore"]14[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

Brandon McCarthy

</tbody>[/TABLE]

TTP at least has 1 pitcher good enough to be on my team.

Looked at your team earlier today. You got nice balance. I think one of the best lineups in the league. You also have the anchor in CC along with Gio. If YU can be what they expect, then your team has the pitching to go with the bats.

Yes, CC does start off slow. But, then again, so does Felix and most pitchers. Kuroda has a tough match up for you...I think its vs Price and then vs Haren or Weaver.

Yeah, that's how i tried to set it up this year. Don't have any stud hitters really. But I don't see any bottom guys on my offense either right now. Looks like i have all good guys and not great.

I didn't look at the matchups pitching yet since i was hoping CBS would put up who each guy is vs. I don't really have any pitching depth with Edwin gone to tuckman either so idk.

Will be a fun one

Guy hasnt played a meaningful match in almost a year, give him a break.

It's spring. The Mariners,Indians,Padres are all still excited. At least until they get pummled and start the chants of "next year". Or "2013".

lol, i like his team a lot in the beginning of the season. Still looks good after the TTP raids just not as strong ...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

TTP says those are way off, if you go by actual baseball that our only pitcher that wins against his staff is verly

I feel guilty and like a cheater having Verly and Greinke on the same team. It's just unfair to the rest of the guys and league.

Why wouldn't he start Danks tripper? Danks gonna have a HUGE year as always... and I never predict that. :scooter

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Yeah, that's how i tried to set it up this year. Don't have any stud hitters really. But I don't see any bottom guys on my offense either right now. Looks like i have all good guys and not great.

I didn't look at the matchups pitching yet since i was hoping CBS would put up who each guy is vs. I don't really have any pitching depth with Edwin gone to tuckman either so idk.

Will be a fun one

Good for you....that odds are if felix wins games this period, league will get the save.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I was hoping so.... I don't want my bud felix to beat my ass to much. Maybe he'll do a cg so instead :shoot:

Its against Oakland, so anything is possible. But not many pitchers throw a lot of pitches in their first few starts. I wish this game was in Oakland or Seattle which are 2 great pitchers parks. I dont remember how this Japanese field plays.

Integrity

EOG Master

Screw the other side bet, I'll take Greinke over Matt Cain for whatever you'd like.

Verlander being 3 is pretty funny. Cliff Lee being #1 is even more funnies.

i'll pass...im partial to greinke. wouldn't be surprised if he was tops on this list

tripp

EOG Master

my man Pacman been lighting it up in spring lately. Could be his breakout year finally. Guy has all the talent in the world.

Could u imagine Chris Young as my 4th OF? ouuu la la

Integrity

EOG Master

Tegs ...Do you really believe in your numbers?

If so, I'll do Ervin or Ubaldo (or both separately) over 420 sides?

BTW- What do your numbers have for Felix, Miggy, and Strasburg?

sorta... they're a good guide. thanks for the offer but ill pass there too.

felix= 220ip, 16 w, 207k, 2.66era, 1.18whip 546pts
miggy= 330avg, 30hr, 107rbi, 108 runs, 2 sb, 507pts
stras= 155ip, 13 w, 185k, 2.73era, 1.04whip, 459pts

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Think the Japanese fields are tiny.

Smoak has a chance for a warning track out:lock:

I think the Smoak monster being good would lead to more ribbing than if Gordo was good - not even just because I own Smoak either. Mainly because I made the worst trade in league history and it involved Justin Smoak, and if he's really good eventually I'll eventually forget about that horrible trade.

As for passing, that's gay......... Cain #8 starter, Greinke not even on the list and Greink's gets no side bets.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

sorta... they're a good guide. thanks for the offer but ill pass there too.

felix= 220ip, 16 w, 207k, 2.66era, 1.18whip 546pts
miggy= 330avg, 30hr, 107rbi, 108 runs, 2 sb, 507pts
stras= 155ip, 13 w, 185k, 2.73era, 1.04whip, 459pts

:+clueless

Are you sure you plugged in all our categories into your system?

What # bat do you have Miggy?

Integrity

EOG Master

:+clueless

Are you sure you plugged in all our categories into your system?

What # bat do you have Miggy?

went right down the line n put everything in

miggy is 3rd behind pujols/braun. just a couple points ahead of fielder/jose/ells/votto

what were some of the point totals last yr for bats???

Timetopay

EOG Master

Thats a hell of a lot of points for Stras in 155 innings. Over 220 that means hes 700+

Not sure he at that point yet:lol

Timetopay

EOG Master

miggy is 3rd behind pujols/braun. just a couple points ahead of fielder/jose/ells/votto/butler

like the one after votto:btj:

Integrity

EOG Master

I think the Smoak monster being good would lead to more ribbing than if Gordo was good - not even just because I own Smoak either. Mainly because I made the worst trade in league history and it involved Justin Smoak, and if he's really good eventually I'll eventually forget about that horrible trade.

As for passing, that's gay......... Cain #8 starter, Greinke not even on the list and Greink's gets no side bets.

so, whats up wit dee+20 vs jhey.... decided ya didnt like it? or just thought you'd rather have greinke?
didnt wanna take greinke cuz i have him for 503 at 15 wins and think he can be closer to 20 wins, thus far exceeding what the numbers say

tripp

EOG Master

seems like miggy should have more than 507 pts with those stats

Last year had extremely close stats to those (hr/runs/rbi/sb are pretty much idential, but batted .344) and he scored 576. Can't imagine .14 of the average is worth 70 pts, especially if the power numbers are all the same.

Im guessing you either predict less abs or a worse K/BB ratio this year tegs?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

miggy is 3rd behind pujols/braun. just a couple points ahead of fielder/jose/ells/votto

ells = 614
braun = 586
kemp = 584
miggy = 576
kinsler = 576
bautista = 560
fielder = 549
grandy =545
pujols = 541
pedroia = 540
gonzo =533
cano = 522