PINNACLESPORTS $200 Free CFB Contest Rules

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
You must post your selections and analysis in this thread. You must post a tiebreaker. You will be required to have a minimum of 75 posts on this website before you can win any prize money.

This is an OFFICIAL FREE CONTEST for all of gamblers who want a chance to WIN a FREE ACCOUNT of $200 dollars at
www.Pinnaclesports.com

All you need to do is PICK 5 SATURDAY games ATS, sides only. Post them in this thread. You must provide a reason for each pick, even if it is only one sentence long.

We will use the CLOSING LINES from Don Best to grade.

There is only a 3-time ROLLOVER requirement before being able to claim your CASH.

Your total points for Saturday Night's LOUISVILLE vs. CONNECTICUT Game as the TIE BREAKER. Half points can be used and the winner will be the closest without going over.

No ONE player can win 2 prizes in the Pinnacle and Legendz contests the same day. If a player is in the money for both, then I will give that player the highest award I can and then I will move down the list to give more players an opportunity to win a free account.

Please remember that I will be posting a thread asking for the guys with 5-0, 4-1 records and you must notify me of your results in that thread before the deadline I post.

Good luck and Thanks to
www.Pinnaclesports.com
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

gobucks

EOG Addicted
Army- Bobby Ross finally has this group going in the right direction and will give Navy all they can handle. Rivalry Game (Understatement) Take the points.

Tulsa- Hats off to Central Florida for turning it around this year and though they have been tough in Orlando this year Tulsa is just better.

Louisville/Uconn Under. New QB for Louisville. Look for Uconn to play it close to the vest. Weather also a factor- lots of running.

Uconn- Bowl Bid on the line- Have been a great home dog (ask South Florida) getting massive points, and Bonislawski is back.

San Diego State- Hawaii can move the ball, but once they get to the Red Zone they don't convert. San Diego State is a team that has improved every week. Unlike most mainland teams they won't be overwelmed by the environment.

TB- 40

BigDaddy

EOG Master
USC.....usc 14-2 ATS off an over
Florida St..... too many points too pass up
LSU........lsu 10-2 ATS of an ats loss
C.Florida.....5-1 ATS off back to back conf games
Col-Tex Over....col 14-5 over on neutral field

TB-45

tango papa

EOG Addicted
Army: Cadets 4-0 ATS L4 lined gms, Navy 2-2. Srs have never beaten Navy. I was in the Army. WVa: Mountiescovered L2RG by 20' and L6G in a row. SoFla in dumpster L2. Tulsa: 4-0 on conf rd TY & 6-1 all rd gms TY. Liberty or death for 'Cane. VPI: 5-0 on road ATS TY while FSU 1-6 L7. SDSU: 'Tecs covered L2RG by almost 23 & won't be distracted by "Hawaii". Hell, they live in San Diego!!! TB: 49

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
conn/lou under: well; lou w/o starting qb, playing on road against team that playz tuff at home and needs win to have a shot at a bowl

u conn:+15 now; too many points; will cards be quite the explosive off w/o season-long starter out with injury...real q.??: does lou really wanta win?

fresno st: a lotta points; but a super tuff team, playing last home g of season; coach hill will not call off the dawgs

army: total turnaround team; has not won last 3 games

army/navy under: hey; both teams will run; and play more conservative; a 27-13 kinda g

t.b. 37.5

ty

gl

:cocktail

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
..correction: fresno is fri nite g..!!!

..correction: fresno is fri nite g..!!!

sorry

i forgot rules are for sat games only;

therefore; pleeze allow me to discontinue my fresn st bet

replaced with southern fla+...w va is not fired up; s fla will make a close g of it;

ty

gl

UCONN- Connecticut is 15-2 ATS after forcing 3+ turnovers.

NAVY- Army is 6-19 ATS off a bye week.

UCLA- Big rivalry game, UCLA will hang.

TEXAS- Texas is 6-0 ATS off a road conference win.

Virginia Tech.- VT is 9-2 ATS as a favorite.

TB 35

Mark's Moneymakers

EOG Dedicated
ucla (+) vs usc..........just too many points here, it is not like ucla sucks. usc will score at least 50, but ucla will score at least 35.

lsu (-) vs georgia...........should be a great game, but I think lsu is the better team here even at georgia.

s florida (+) vs w virginia...............no doubt w virginia has a very good team, but i think they are getting too much credit. S florida at home will give them all they can handle. w virginia by 3-4 points.

connecticut (+) vs louisville.........louisville never plays as well on the road and now they have to without their qb. u conn can play some d, and 15 is too big a home dog.

colorado (+) vs texas........everybody thinks that because texas has to win and they need to run up the score. sure they could kill them, but i am sure colorado will be fired up to try and ruin the longhorns season, again too many points.

tb. 44

stump

EOG Veteran
army - black knights win
ucla - too many pts
ucla over - close to 100 in this game
texas - rout
lsu over - total is too low

bill2266

EOG Veteran
colorad0+26.5 i think colorado is better than texas am and am get it close
ucla +21.5 its a rival game
florida st+14.5 there defense could hold vick
lsu over40.5 both teams can score alot
louisvillte over51.5 well louisville can put up 51 by itself tb 59

ConnecticutLouisville: 7-19 ATS after committing 4+ turnovers
Connecticut: 15-2 ATS after forcing 3+ turnovers

NavyArmy: 6-19 ATS off a bye week
Navy: 24-6 ATS off a home win

USCUCLA: 2-10 ATS away after scoring 42+ points
USC: 14-2 ATS off an Over

Hawaii
San Diego State: 6-18 ATS off BB wins
Hawaii: 9-2 ATS as a favorite

Middle Tennessee State
Mid Tenn State: 6-1 Under in road games
Florida Int: 1-3 ATS off BB road games

TB 47

sakras

EOG Dedicated
Navy
-----
Navy is 7-1 ats in their L8 games vs Army.
Navy is 29-3 ats when win SU as favs(14-0 w/rest).
Army is 2-14 ats vs Military teams.
Army is 1-16 ats w/rest.

SD St
------
SD St is 13-2 L15/ 8-0 L8A ats vs Hawaii.
Hawaii is 2-14 as favs when allow more than 30 points.

USC
-----
USC is 5-1 L6/4-0 L4H ats vs UCLA.
USC is 8-1 ats LHG.
UCLA is 1-5 as DD dogs.

Va Tech
--------
Va Tech's only loss this year was to the Hurricanes, a game in which they could have won. Florida St is playing their worst ball right now and its not a good time to do that.
Va Tech wins by double digits winning the ACC championship.

West Virginia
------------
There is no team hotter right now than the Mountaineers of West Virginia.
West Virginia has only lost to Va Tech this season. S.Florida looked brutal in their loss to Uconn last week. West Virginia wins easy.

tb:48

cmogly

EOG Enthusiast
Colorado
Bounce back and keep it close.

Army
Turned their season around and are on a roll after losing their first six.

UCLA
Extra week to prepare for a big rivalry game.

South Florida
Haven't trailed at home all year.

Florida State
Playing for respect now.

tb = 52

HuskerFan

EOG Senior Member
USC over UCLA....one usc player has already said they dont want to let up at all on their rivals...USC got a major scare vs Fresno a couple weeks back and i think its a big wake up for this game...i dont think UCLA's loss to AZ was a fluke and i think they get taken out behind the shed in a big way tonight...

Texas over Colorado...similar to the close call usc had vs Fresno, Texas had a little scare vs A&M and i dont think there is anyway they take the Buffs lightly in this one...they have already throtted them once this year no reason not to expect another...just hope they get over the steep #...Buffs have shown NOTHING the last couple weeks....

hawaii over sdsu....gut play...hawaii always gets the call on the island...they were a little in over their head last week vs wisky...this weeks opponent more in their league...

navy over army....navy has owned army the past few years....i see no reason for this not to continue....

lsu over georgia...lsu one of the best in the nation...and is 1 ot loss to tenn from being undefeated...they gonna win this game....

tb 49

opotus

EOG Veteran
USC - they will either come out flying for rivalry game to stomp hated opponent, or will be looking ahead; I'll take a chance on the former

Hawaii - recent success ATS, at home

Colorado - division winner should be able to do enough to stay within 26-odd points

LSU - guess I can go by what I saw on TV of both teams this year, though it's really a coin flip

Florida State - extremely disappointing performances against top teams, expect it to continue, VaTech playing well

TB=51

briguy

EOG Enthusiast
UCONN
Louisville: 7-19 ATS after committing 4+ turnovers
Connecticut: 15-2 ATS after forcing 3+ turnovers

Navy
Army: 6-19 ATS off a bye week
Navy: 24-6 ATS off a home win

USC
UCLA: 2-10 ATS away after scoring 42+ points
USC: 14-2 ATS off an Over

Hawaii
San Diego State: 6-18 ATS off BB wins
Hawaii: 9-2 ATS as a favorite

Texas
Texas: 6-0 ATS off a road conference win

Tie breaker-47

minnyace01

EOG Addicted
CONNECTICUT - Home team will be very tough to beat, especially with a backup QB playing for the Cards; would not be surprised at an outright win

GEORGIA - In a close contest, favor the team who will not turn the ball over and that stat favors the Dogs

TULSA - Will take the better defensive team in a close game; Tulsa should also be able to move the ball on the ground better than Cent Florida will

SOUTH FLORIDA - Home team is now playing in their bowl game and is a very tough beat at home

ARMY - Will play as hard as possible to win for the first time in 4 years; Navy is beat up in the backfield and will not be able to dominate on the ground as in past years

Tiebreaker - 48

Slight Favorite

EOG Addicted
Connecticut (+)
Louisville is a different team away from home. Add to that their starting QB goes down and I'll take the points with the Huskies.

Army (+)
The Black Knights of the Hudson are good enough to compete for the CIC trophy this year under Boss Ross.

USC (-)
The Bruins might have a few tricks in the bag after a month to prepare for this game. However, the Trojans are just too good and will pull away easily.

San Diego State (OVER)
An island shootout seems like a fitting end to the season for both squads.

Texas (-)
Colorado got blasted by OU last year when they backed into this game. I expect the same scenario to play out this year.

TB: 38

highnine

EOG Addicted
Connecticut
Huskies played well at home this year and Cardinals struggled on the road ATS. Thought line was too high before injuries adjustment.

Louisville/Connecticut UNDER
Both teams have decent defenses with strengths matching the others offense strength.

Army/Navy UNDER
Every year game has alternated OVER then UNDER. Last year was OVER.... Expect alot of running in this game.

Tulsa
Both teams have had good years and close game comes down to Golden Knights not stopping the run.

South Florida
Home team has a good defense and anything over a touchdown is a take.

TB=41

waco

EOG Dedicated
NAVY/ARMY - UNDER - BOTH WILL PLAT NOT TO LOSE
USC/UCLA - OVER - THIS WILL BE OVER BY 3RD QUARTER
GEORGIA/LSU UNDER - 20 POINTS WILL WIN GAME
TEXAS/COL - UNDER - COL MIGHT NOT SCORE
WEST VIR/ SOUTH FLOR - UNDER - W.VIR HAS NOTHING TO PLAY FOR

neel

EOG Enthusiast
Louisville
LOUISVILLE is 15-6 ATS (+8.4 Units) as a favorite over the last 2 seasons.

Navy
ARMY is 6-19 ATS (-14.9 Units) after a bye week since 1992.
NAVY is 16-6 ATS (+9.4 Units) in road games after a bye week since 1992.
NAVY is 11-3 ATS (+7.7 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.

Hawaii
SAN DIEGO ST is 6-18 ATS (-13.8 Units) after 2 or more consecutive straight up wins since 1992.
HAWAII is 9-2 ATS (+6.8 Units) as a favorite over the last 2 seasons.

LSU
LSU is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) in road games against conference opponents over the last 3 seasons.

Virginina Tech
VIRGINIA TECH is 11-1 ATS (+9.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

tb-47

Betmonkey

EOG Veteran
Louisville...UCONN cannot hang offensively
Texas OVER....Texas can get 50 and Buff. can get 14 (I hope)
Texas...Like I said above...lol (50-14)
MTSU...just going with the better team and pray for the best
Navy...Army has not been that good this year. I hope the trend continues

TB.... 53.5 pts

sell24

EOG Senior Member
Navy - like their ability to control the clock hence getting the cover

Tulsa under - just liked the under. . just a hunch

West Virginia - been winning with them all year round why stop now

Hawaii - home game equals cover

Lsu - herbstreet picked them and he never loses:)

tb = 53

pvcpipe

EOG Master
UCLA
usc's pass defense exposed against good qb's. Olsen qualifies.

Georgia
LSU could be 7-4. The scraping by ceases on Saturday.

Tulsa
Tulsa is favored in every statistical category. Public perception and location only reason game is pick.

Navy
Army better than usual, but #1 running attack just too much.

Texas
Colorado has been absolutely horrible last two games. Texas will show A&M game a fluke.

TB 43

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated
ARMY: cadets win what will be their "bowl game" with defense
C.FLA/TULSA OVER: 2 high scoring teams that each score in the 30's
GEORGIA: home team wins this one. bulldogs rushing wins this one.
V TECH/FLA ST UNDER: 2 tough defensive teams fight it out.
WEST VIRGINIA: mountaineers run up and down on a deflated s fla squad.

<!-- / message -->

dryflyheaven

EOG Enthusiast
1. Texas
The Buffs got crushed by Oklahoma in similar cirumstances last year.

2. UCLA
The Bruins played well vs Trojans with similar time off situation last year.

3. Georgia
Could be undefeated if Shockley had been healthy.

4. West Virginia
6-0 ATS vs. conference opponents .

5. Florida State
Defense can keep it close.

tb - 54

CONNECTICUT
CONNECTICUT is 18-3 SU at home last 21 games and has never lost a lined home game by more than 17 points.

LSU
LSU is 10-2 ATS in road games against conference opponents over the last 3 seasons.

TULSA
TULSA is 8-2 ATS when playing on a Saturday this season.

SOUTH FLORIDA
Going with underdogs of 3 -10 points off a loss to a team off of four straight wins is 48-10 the last five years and 75-31 the last 10 years. It is 8-0 this year.

VIRGINIA TECH
VIRGINIA TECH is 11-1 ATS when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

TB: 48

jam

EOG Veteran
Louisville
The rookie QB can get it done.

Army
Two teams going in different directions.

USC
Leinhart and Bush will light it up in their final home game.

LSU
Bulldogs haven't been the same since Shockley went down... he hasn't been the same since he's been back either.

South Florida
Undefeated at home and looking to atone for a garbage game last week.

Speedway

EOG Enthusiast
Connecticut
------------
Connecticut got their qb back 2 weeks ago and they are a much better team when he plays, like last week when they beat South Florida and knocked them from the top of the conference.

Georgia
-------
This game is being played in the Georgia Dome, and that fact should affect the outcome here.

Central Florida
--------------
UCF is an underdog here, and they'll win and cover Saturday.

Virginia Tech
-------------
FSU offense has been terrible and will have trouble scoring vs this hokies defense.

Florida International
-------------------
Golden Panthers are hot now. They can and should win straight-up!

TB: 56 points<!-- / message -->

droc

EOG Addicted
LSU/Ga UNDER......expecting a close defensive battle here.....

S Fla..........W Va playing very well but I'll gladly take the points here with a good S Fla squad..........

Tulsa/C Fla UNDER....Both teams can put up some points but I just feel the current # is a bit too high........

Lousville...........Lou D very underrated, should give the UCONN offence fits.........

USC............Best team in he country, will show it today.........

continuing to fade the public. Historically public teams texas and usc are not being bet this week causing me to use them instead of some of the dog picks. Pick is followed by percentage taken from wagerline.

army (25%)
sd state (30%)
tulsa (41%)
USC (37%)
Texas (55%)

41 points

CapnHandi

EOG Addicted
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Georgia</st1:place></st1:country-region> ? 12<SUP>th</SUP> man, Mojo, wins it for UGa</PRE>
WVU ? <st1:place w:st="on">South Florida</st1:place> will just roll over and die after big losss last week</PRE>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></st1:place> ? <st1:State w:st="on">Colo.</st1:State> Defense got mauled last game and now their offense has gone</PRE>
UCLA over ? might break a 100</PRE>
Army ? been an up year for the Cadets ? payback time</PRE>
TB ? 53</PRE>

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
called my square cousin who went 1-4 last week so his anti plays went 4-1 on this contest. try try try again. All same reason all anti square plays

NAVY (squares think this is always an upset or a close game)

V. Tech (squares love high profile teams plus 14 points)

UCLA (squares love USC USC USC)

Georgia (anti square pick they like LSU )

conn (biggest anti square play, squares love to bet on L'ville no matter what)

50 tie....

Blue Rhino

EOG Addicted
Uconn + Seems like some generous points for a Huskie team who plays well at home. Along the same lines Louisville doesn't play that well on the road.

Tulsa - Teams have similiar records but like the Golden Hurricane who have posted their record against stiffer competition.

Army + Will take the Army team who has won 4 straight in this classic rivalry.

Virgina Tech - Hate laying around 2 touchdowns but Florida State just aint very good this year.

San Diego State + Like the points with the better team in this one. Just hoping Aztecs trip to the island is to take care of the game at hand and they will not be distracted.

Georgia - Home game for them, LSU in a dome - crunch time

V Tech - Paback time. Fl State seems to be falling apart. Too much speed.

UCLA - Too many points. USC is good, but UCLA will score.

C. Florida - Home game for them, Tulsa has to travel. Great job by a new coach.

W. Vir - Too many points. Conference title decided. W. Vir playing to make a statement.

TB 49

Rosemary

EOG Enthusiast
Connecticut
Connecticut : 5-0 ATS last five home games.

Colorado/Texas Over
Colorado : 14-5 Over on a neutral field.

LSU
LSU :10-2 ATS off an ATS loss.

Central Florida
Central Florida : 5-1 ATS off BB conference games.

Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech : 9-2 ATS as a favorite

TB: 51 points<!-- / message -->

WizardofWins

EOG Dedicated
Army............May win outright
UCLA...........To many points for this dog
LSU.............Better team wins
Florida St......Bowden to the BCS
So Florida.....Home getting over 7.....I'll take it

TB 48

OVBALL

EOG Addicted
OVBALL's PICK's

OVBALL's PICK's

UCONN......Home field and QB for cards out.

LSU.......better team on both sides of the ball and Tigers want it MO!

ARMY.....Commander-in- Chief Trphy was stolen of Navy's campus:doh1 ..Army can just keep it after ther WIN today.

Army/Navy..OVER....lots of scoring today....run...run...run!

Tulsa..They win there first Championship today.

TB.....56 tt pts