STRONGEST COLLEGE HOOPS BET OF THE YEAR!!!

<b>DREXEL (4-5, 1-0 CAA) plus 2 1/2 vs. OLD DOMINION (6-1, 1-0 CAA)</b>

Gametime 3 PM EST..

One of ODU'S STARTING GUARDS, Brian Henderson, is INJURED (ankle) and it is almost a certainty that he will not play much, if at all...

This information is NOT OUT yet on the DON BEST screen for what it's worth...

There's no doubt DREXEL will be outscored down low. Dahi, Loughton and VV are tough match ups for Drexel, but the good news is they have Frank and Randy O who can defend well, which they certainly have not had in years past.

So Drexel is going to be outscored down there, but the key is going to be just keeping it within reason, slowing ODU down, and I think they can do this.
The biggest difference I see with ODU this year is that I'm really not impressed with their guard play. Hunter is taking 11 shots a game to get 11 ppg, and he is struggling overall. He'll be on Dom and unless Hunter finally finds his shot out of nowhere, that should be a match up Drexel wins easily.

Williamson is ODU'S PG, and he has played WELL this year, including 43% from 3. Bash is capable of shutting him down. If he does, and they get a combined 20 or so (which is what they are averaging) out if the 1-2 spots, Drexel will be right in this thing.

Also, ODU will have ONE LESS STARTING GUARD in its rotation with Henderson playing LIMITED MINUTES at most!!!

That should definitely be another advantage for DREXEL...

The other good news is ODU does NOT roll deep. 8 guys really contribute, and once you get past Val, its a significant drop off between the starter and bench player. Without Henderson, that number drops to 7...

And finally, if the refs call a tight game as they did this past Saturday at Drexel's Home Court , its another BIG advantage for Drexel...

This is a very winnable game for DREXEL. While ODU got lucky to WIN by one point there last year on a last second shot, ODU got buried there the year before...

DREXEL plays outstanding DEFENSE too, and these are the types of teams that give ODU fits as evidenced in their last game at HOME, which they were LUCKY to WIN 54-53 against GMU as a 5 1/2 point favorite...

Also, let's not forget this DREXEL team has had a very tough out of conference schedule thus far, losing by only 78-68 to DUKE that was closer than the Final Score and by only 1 to UCLA earlier in the year on the Road at Madison Square Garden...

Do not get worried about their record, since most of there games were on the ROAD earlier this year, and most importantly, DREXEL is UNDEFEATED at HOME...

In a game that I consider to be a toss up, the 2 1/2 points is a gift...

<b>DREXEL plus 2 1/2 points is my STRONGEST BET and PICK this year!</b>

I do believe DREXEL will WIN outright for what it's worth..

Best of Luck,

THE SHRINK

Although Henderson doesn't score much, this is a KEY INJURY that hasn't been announced because he is a STARTER that gives ODU quality minutes and he plays good D...

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
ty

got it heavy

did have odu; as earlier another poster said :

shrink has 2 plays: odu and vcu

gl

:+clueless

betlou53

EOG Enthusiast
SHRINK. What would you consider to be your best sport for handicapping? I enjoy reading your selections and analysis. Just wondering if you have a specialty.

The INFO just came out on DON BEST...

He is listed as DOUBTFUL today and the line is 3...

Looks like I have opposition with the line movement...

I'll take my chances though...

THE SHRINK

Will go to the well one more time with you Mr. Shrink. Thus far you have done nothing but bury me with your NFL and CAA selections.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
I like ODU---key injury. Boston Red is a big ODU guy--he is betting it this morning. I think he is probably wrong.

These are great opportunities---Shrink follows this team closely and has a great feel for this team.

ODU does have tremendous size on this one.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
BTW 3 is a key number in college basketball, so is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc. and judging from the Duquesne game so is 22.5

In game update

In game update

As I stated in the NCAA hoops forum (we have to use those Shrink ya know:D ), all over this one. Watching it as we speak. Drexel not scoring much, ODU can't BUY a basket:

15-4 8:30 1st

That's one hell of a start! Keep the updates coming Rat, 'cause you're faster than CBS and Fox right now.
I appreciate it.

Buck fifty to go ODU on a 3-0 run, break 'em up!

26-10 1:25 to the half.

Ooop 3333333333333333 for Drexel

29-10 1:00 to go 1st

I must say Ken.I rarely follow blindly.But today was feeling great and played Drexel.31 I don't ever cap cbb,so I rarely bet it.But wow.Even if they lose,I must say great start.that's what I call value

Shrink's looking like a genious on this one right now. I can't get too confident yet, but I like it so far!:D

If this one comes in, I think I'll start drinking early today.

:cocktail:cocktail:cocktail