Martina Hingis Set For Comeback Next Week !!

? AFP/Getty Images

Gold Coast Hosts Hingis Comeback

GOLD COAST, Australia - After recently announcing she will make a full-blown comeback to professional tennis in 2006, Martina Hingis is wasting no time in getting things started. It was announced on Tuesday, December 20, that she will make her much-anticipated return at the Mondial Australian Women's Hardcourts, an event that runs from January 1-7 at the Royal Pines Resort in Gold Coast, Australia. This came in addition to announcements that she would participate, also as a wildcard, at Sydney and the Australian Open. "I'm very excited to be making my return to competitive tennis in Australia," Hingis said. "I have always felt at home on the Australian courts. I've heard so many good things about the Gold Coast and the Resort of Royal Pines, and I'm really looking forward to competing again and making my first trip to the Gold Coast."
Hingis has captured five Grand Slam singles titles in her career, including three at the Australian Open in Melbourne. She has also captured three titles at the Tier II event in Sydney. Among other accomplishments, the 25-year-old holds the record for youngest player ever to achieve the No.1 ranking, a spot she held for a total of 209 weeks between 1997 and 2001.
"I know I'll get some tough matches and it will allow me to get used to the Australian summer coming from the European winter, both of which will be helpful with my preparation for the Australian Open," Hingis added.
"Martina is a legend of women's tennis and an unbelievable performer in Australia, making the final of the Australian Open six times," Gold Coast Tournament Director Liz Smylie said. "Given the amazing career she's already had, it's hard to believe she's still only 25 years old. Time's definitely on her side and it's an honour for the tournament to host her return to tennis."
"We are thrilled to be in a position to welcome Martina back to Sydney and the Medibank International," said Sydney Tournament Director Craig Watson. "Sydney has always been a favourite place for Martina and her results at the Medibank International have made that obvious."
"I believe Martina adds intrigue to the tournament," said Australian Open Tournament Director Paul McNamee. "It's one of those great moments in sport, `will the former champion be able to come back and at what level?' No-one will be expecting her to win the tournament but the question is whether she will be able to beat some seeds and make a run through to the second week. I certainly believe she still has the capability of being there in the second week."

FUCK THAT BITCH SHE QUIT ON ME AGAINST CAPRIATI I DON'T CARE HOW FUCKEN HOT IT WAS. SHE LOST TO THAT POT SMOKING BITCH.

I HAVE A LONG MEMORY AND NEVER WILL FORGIVE HER. HOPE SHE BREAKS HER ANKLE.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU THOUGH GLAKEN.