Solid ESPN play tonight:

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated
Georgetown at Marquette (+1.5):

This sets up to be an outstanding game of two solid squads. Both of these teams have pulled off shocking upsets of the #1 teams. Marquette beating U-Conn, and Georgetown knocking off Duke.

Marquette has continued the Wisconsin tradition of having OUTSTANDING coaches, who just contine fly under the radar. You have seen from my other write up's how good coach Bo Ryan has done at Wisconsin. Marquette is no different with coach Tom Crean. He is simply an OUTSTANDING head coach, and this stat will tell you it:

When coach Crean has over 3 days to prepare for a team , and is not favored by over 8 points (which applies in this game tonight) he has a brilliant record of 43-19-1 ATS! While that number moves all the way to 21-6 when he is at home!

This game is HUGE to Marquette, if they want to build on their resume for a slim, but still possible, NCAA tourney bid. 16,000 tickets have been sold to this game tonight, and the place should be electric. The only concern is that you have HORRIBLE weather conditions in the Milwaukee area tonight, and their is also major construction on the Marquette interchange (how many people get to the place). So I am a little worried that you may have a lot of no shows.

The situation is still strong enough for me to make this a very strong 3 unit play for me tonight. My ratings have some line value for Marquette (about 2 points), but the situations I noted are about as good as they come. I just hope all the tickets sold will show to really have that electric college atmosphere.

NCAA record: 5-0 (+13 units) **record is threads started by me, beginning Feb, 2006)**

Sr Muny

EOG Enthusiast
Only problem is this game opened a PK right? Now Georgetown is -1 1/2. So we gotta ask ourselves did the PUBLIC move this, or was it WISE money?

I got Georgetown on the overnight at a PK. Only casue 1st look was there was VALUE at that number. Now am wating for +2 the other way. Not sure I'll find it as seems as if WISE are taking the +1 1/2 now.

With that said, I stll beleive Georgetown is gonna walk with this one.

Either way Best of luck.

Sr Muny

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated
Box Score - Recap

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD> </TD><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=370 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ysptblbdr2><TABLE class=ysptblclbg3 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=11 height=1></TD></TR><TR align=middle bgColor=#dedec6><TD class=ysptblbdr2 width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD width=10 height=18> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=left></TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD class=yspscores width=30>1</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD class=yspscores width=30>2</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD class=yspscores align=right width=38>Total</TD><TD class=yspscores width=55></TD><TD class=ysptblbdr2 width=1 rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR class=yspwhitebg><TD colSpan=9 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblclbg5 align=middle><TD width=10 height=23></TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>(17) Georgetown </TD><TD class=yspscores>24</TD><TD class=yspscores>27</TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>51 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>Final </TD></TR><TR class=yspwhitebg><TD colSpan=2></TD><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblclbg5 align=middle><TD width=10 height=23> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Marquette </TD><TD class=yspscores>29</TD><TD class=yspscores>28</TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>57 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=11 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>That my friends is what you call a coaching mismatch in EVERY sense of the word. Give Crean time to prepare, and he as good as they come. Notice the adjustments he made after Georgetown scored 8 points at will in the paint to open the game. He changed defenses, and totally out coached Thompson in every aspect, despite having less talent than the Hoyals.

Congrats to all who followed me.

NCAA record: 6-0 (+16 units)