The Best College Basketball Team in America is...

PO69

EOG Master
Wel lI am from Texas and know that they DEFINITELY wont win it all. I wouldnt suprised to see them lose in the round of 32 actually, NO CHANCE they win the round of 16 though.

How can not include Duke in your picks??

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member
Memphis may be as talented as UConn, but they are too defensively lax to win it all, played all year in a mediocre Conference..will slip up in a close-game/shootout somewhere due to stop-inability and being untested too few times..yet I have them as a small flyer.

I think UConn, Duke, Nova, Ohio State, Memphis, UNC, UCLA, Florida, Illinois, Tex make up your title pool.

NCSt, GW, Pitt, Gonzo, Marq, Mich St, Wisky, Tenn, LSU, Az, Wash, Okla, Kansas..are vulnerable chalk..yet very dangerous.

Here are the teams who have a shot of winning it all, ranked in order of most likely to win it at the top.

1. UConn
2. Villanova
3. Duke
4. Texas
5. Ohio St (barely on the list)

Memphis has no shot at taking it all. None. Neither does Gonzaga.

For what it's worth, I'm a big Duke and Gonzaga fan...

Villanova almost made #1 on my list. They are extremely well-rounded but UCONN has so many talents that they will be tough to overcome.

On 2nd thought, take Ohio St off that list. I don't like Big10 teams in the tourney because they beat up on eachother so much. I'm also not convinced the talent is there to compete with the top 3.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated
ID,

Memphis will not win it all this year. Hell, they just lost to UAB the other night. And you think they're the best team in the country? But then you think Steve Kerr was one of the top three all time shooters in NCAA history :rolleyes:

The Devil said:
Villanova will win it all....

Winthrop will amaze a few of you guys.

I wanted to put Villanova atop my list but I think UCONN is the better team. Alot will depend on brackets but I think those two teams are the best out there.

Villanova has been one of my favorites since the year started.

Gonzaga - NOT!

Believe it or not, I give my nod to North Carolina. They have won 7 in a row, including the big win over Duke. 8-2 road record. The defending champs will make a good run for it in the dance.

North Carolina won't do anything.

My top 3 were UCONN, Villanova, and Duke... in that order.

Pinny put up odds with UCONN, Duke, and Villanova being the top 3 in that order.

jakethompson said:
North Carolina won't do anything.

My top 3 were UCONN, Villanova, and Duke... in that order.

Pinny put up odds with UCONN, Duke, and Villanova being the top 3 in that order.

I can easily see any of these three teams having one bad game along the way. I respect Pinnacle's opinion, but would not take short odds on any of these three. Wide open this year if you ask me.

Reload said:
I can easily see any of these three teams having one bad game along the way. I respect Pinnacle's opinion, but would not take short odds on any of these three. Wide open this year if you ask me.

I honestly don't think anyone else has what it takes.

Big 10 teams look nice but beat up on eachother a ton during the regular season and don't have many impressive wins against non-conference fows. Might be a down conference this year.

Big 12 has Texas but they just haven't shown me enough consistency.

NC has a tiny shot but their impressive wins come more from other teams playing crappy against them and not NC playing great. I feel they are too young and likely won't make it to the Elite Eight.

UCONN has to be #1. Villanova can beat anyone in the nation if they shoot decently from 3. Duke has a solid all around game.

I'll be shocked if anyone but those 3 win.

If someone wants to give me those 3 teams as a -120 prop bet, I'd be happy to put some money on it.