IF YOU HAD A YEAR OFF, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I wonder what everyone else's passion is. Meaning, what would you guys do with yourselves if you had a year or two off from working....Would you travel, paint, gamble, what?

:+cool-1+:+signs8-1:+cool-1+

The Devil

EOG Master
I always had this idea of buying a Winnebago and driving around the country and going to see as many sporting events, stadium, ball parks, arenas and such as I could cram into a year or so.

TONY MONTANA said:
Yes sir Uwin!! I live near the Chesapeake Bay and I love to fish!!
SALTWATER is my favorite!! MAY'N!!:+thumbs-2

No saltwater here in Illinois. But fishing is fishing. I saltwater fished one time in FLA and had to take dramamein or however you spell it and still got sick as phuck. Can u catch fish from the shore in the ocean. Cause if I ever did it again I would prefer to stay ashore.

GL and God Bless

yeah, there is some awesome inshore fishing. I suggest anyone who has never been redfishing in the southeast part of the us to check it out. Its a thrill to catch 6, 7, 8 lbs redfish on light tackle. Great experience, there are tons of guides in the tampa/st pete area if anyone is ever in the area.

BANKER the big reds come into the Chesapeake Bay around the end of APRIL. They are fun to catch 60lbs and the puppy drum hit all summer long!!

UWIN I'm not talking about deepsea fishing. I like the inshore botton fishing/sitefishing/etc!!
If your ever in VA look us up!! MAY'N!!!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I would travel to see relatives that I don't see often and also as a part of that I would just be traveling and seeing things that I have never seen.

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
i would visit all my family, and during the NFL season i would stay down in miami to root on my beloved dolphins.......and i would definately add gambling into the fun

The Devil said:
I always had this idea of buying a Winnebago and driving around the country and going to see as many sporting events, stadium, ball parks, arenas and such as I could cram into a year or so.

I have always wanted to do this too .... maybe in my elderly years. There are some cool motor homes out there now days.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
I AM WORKING ON MY 5TH YEAR OFF AND TRUST ME BOYS RETIREMENT ISNT WHAT ITS ALL CRACKED UP TO BE.MY WIFE WANTS ME TO GO OUT AND GET A JOB AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT I CANT FIND ONE.HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A 45 YEAR OLD WHITE GUY LOOKING FOR WORK.LASY YEAR I WENT FOR A BUS DRIVING JOB AND I WAS OVER LOOKED FOR A NIGERIAN THEY SAID I WAS OVERQUALIFIED,THEN I WENT FOR A JANITORS JOB YEH THATS A GOOD ONE A WHITE GUY LOOKING TO BECOME A JANITOR ONCE AGAIN THEY SAID I WAS OVER QUALIFIED.FELLAS ITS NO BARGAIN BEING AN UNEMPLOYED WHITE GUY LOOKING FOR WORK.I FINALLY GAVE UP ON THE WORK FORCE AND I AM JUST GOING TO STAY RETIRED.OH YEH I FORGOT I WAS GOING TO GET A JOB AT THE POST OFFICE BUT THEY FOUND OUT I LIED ON THE APPLICATION THEY ASKED ME IF WAS EVER ARRESTED AND WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEY WOULD LOOK BACK 20 YEARS WHEN I WAS ARRESTED FOR DRUNK DRIVING THAT WAS THE END OF MY POST OFFICE JOB.MY WIFE SAYS ITS EMBARRESSING TO HER WHEN SHE GOES OFF TO WORK AND MY CAR IS STILL IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE AT 9 AM THE NEIGHBORS STILL CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT I DO THEY THINK I AM ON DISABILITY OR I HAVE A MAJOR LAWSUIT GOING.F-CK THE NEIGHBORS THERE A BUNCH OF F-CKING RUSSIANS ANYWAY:frustrate

IF YOU GUYS THINK ITS HARD TAKING ONE YEAR OFF IMAGINE BEING A WHITE GUY LIKE ME WHO HAS BEEN OFF FOR 5 YEARS NOW THAT IS ROUGHING IT.I REFUSE TO GO BACK DOING IRONWORK BEANTOWNJIM ISNT GOING TO GET KILLED WORKING ON SOME BUILDING THAT SOME YUPPIE WILL MAKE MILLIONS ON.

hroberts

EOG Veteran
:cocktail :+cool-1+ :+signs8-1 :smokesmal
TONY MONTANA said:
I'd hang out with my wife and kids my often and I'd go fishing all over the world. MAY'N!!!

I love to fly fish. It is like a family tradition passed down for years.

If I had a year off, I would travel all over the world and party my ass off. I would have to hit up Ibiza for sure and Amsterdamn in November for the Cannibus Cup. Many more places to see that I have yet.

:smoke :cheers

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated
TONY MONTANA said:
BANKER the big reds come into the Chesapeake Bay around the end of APRIL. They are fun to catch 60lbs and the puppy drum hit all summer long!!

UWIN I'm not talking about deepsea fishing. I like the inshore botton fishing/sitefishing/etc!!
If your ever in VA look us up!! MAY'N!!!

Tony, you live near Chesapeake?....and like to fish?.....NICE!! I just sold my condo in Chesapeake and now live in P-TOWN....I just bought an 05 ranger 519 bass boat(last June). I specialize in Bass fishing because im originaly Erie, PA(smallie capital of the world) Do you have your own boat?

GL,

MN

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted
I would put a electronic moitoring device on my ankle and stay at home every single day and just about loose my mind for the first 6 months and then the next 6 I would go out damn near every day and drink myself into a coma trying to make up for lost time........

I wouldn't do anything different.

I'd be on the internet A TON, I'd play golf as often as I could, I'd fish, hunt, drink, and gamble, just like I already do.

Hell, if I made a better living, my life WOULD BE A VACATION.

In conclusion, I wouldn't do anything different, I'd just do the same thing better, or more often.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Invent the American Pinochle Tour - develop it into the World Series of Pinochle - hire a personal trainer and get in good shape - trailer the Harley - then ride Yellowstone - the Tetons - take a break in Reno - More Harley riding - Big Sur - Sequoia National Forest - take a break -do Florida for Spring training - then head to Kentucky for the Kentucky Derby - See the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville - play golf for a month in the Carolinas - Washington DC for a month - Manhattan for a month - chill it on down with a month in a condo in downtown Chicago by the Navy Pier.

I have purposely left off Amsterdam and beaches where the girls do not wear tops. Have a wife and 2 children - 7 & 3. Going to need Nanny McFie to entertain at these base camps or home base - LOL

:+cool-1+ :+cool-1+ :+cool-1+ :+cool-1+

NBA yes I have a 20' center console and I fish the bay alot, but I love to bass fish. My brother the glue is a really good bass fisherman.

I like the Suffolk lakes and some of the creeks in Pungo best.

Where did you live in Chesapeake? I live in the GB area.

Nice talking with you!! may'n!!:cheers