I thought CRASH was boring and dumb..

JC

EOG Veteran
I liked it, I thought it was very well done.

I wouldn't see Brokeback if it was about a man and a woman, looks like a boring cowboy love story to me.

PO69

EOG Master
Crash is a great movie. But if you are not a minority, you might not appreciate it as much as a black man or a hispanic person.

I am neither, but I rented the movie 4 months ago after a recommendation and it is some great writing and has a SHITLOAD of good actors in the film

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
The best movie of the year should be decided simply like everything else in this country is decided---BY DOLLARS SPENT TO SEE IT.

To be fair it would have to be prorated by the date it came out to be shown.
Jan. 1/12 June 1/2; etc.

I still liked Two For the Money. (But it probably was WAY down the $$$$ list)

I don't know ANYONE who saw BROKEDICK MOUNTING!! so I'm glad it didn't win. JC your right no one would give a chit if it was about a cowboy and a cowgirl or a sheep for that matter.

JOSEY WALES would have turned over in his grave!!!! because things are tough out here for pimp!!:+cool-1+

Johnny Handsome

EOG Enthusiast
IDENTITY said:
Very childish movie.
:hung

The one word I would not use to describe this movie is childish. I too thought it was an excellent movie but I did not see any of the other nominated movies so I can't really compare. Having said that I thought Walk the Line was better than Crash.

Identity, keep in mind that just because a movie doesn't contain animation
doesn't make it a bad movie.

UWinSports said:
I watch sports and horses on TV everday all day long. Plus my drug buisness. No time to go to theater.

GL and God Bless.

You did grab my attention.

What drugs. Won't say?

johnny handsome - funny stuff, sir.

coconutman - you're a cokehead loser doing nothing with his life. you think i care about bashing coming from little ol meaningless u? LOL

mr. loman - congrats on the nice prop play, sir.

:mutley

I wish I had friends who bet this crap. Because then they would be gambling degenerates. And then I could scam the phuck out of them.

GL and God Bless

JRock7997 said:
False accusations on you or Crash?

On me, how can a person state that i'm a cokehead.... people that i told this forum about might read this shit and then what? IDENTITY doesen't know me at all, you are a total nothing if put youself up against me in every possible aspect.

hroberts

EOG Veteran
Crash and Brokeback Mountain were good films because they both have major conflict by using very contraversial material. Crash has a lot about racism and BM is about homosexuality.

Personally I thought Hustle & Flow should have won. That was the true American Dream.
:cheers :smoke :+money-8+

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
hroberts said:
Personally I thought Hustle & Flow should have won. That was the true American Dream.
:cheers :smoke :+money-8+
It was a very good film..finally, the world knows how hard it is out here for a pimp....when you're tryin to get the money for the rent....:smokesmal

The wife and I had movie night at our house last night, we watched CRASH and Hustle and Flow. Let me first say I thought crash was awesome, well thought out movie and is kinda of a wake up call to white america. I enjoyed it alot. Hustle and flow was kinda of slow for me, I didn't like it as much as crash. I'm from the south and don't know anyone that talks that country. I don't understand why directors feel they must over exaggerate southern accents and ignorance. That Pickler chick is 1 in 100 that actually talks that way. Next on our movie list is Dukes of Hazzard and Mr. and Mrs Smith. We won't be watching them tonight because Grays Anatomy is on, which is the best show on tv. I did like "the unit" the other night, but it was only one show. We'll see how it turns out.