When's the best time to bet a -150 or more fav? Answer....

Driver

EOG Senior Member
when the team is on EXACTLY a 3 game losing streak.
CWS-158
NYY-150
PARLAY GETS YA +172.
Back in a bit with SAT PLAYS.

Driver

EOG Senior Member
YTD: 10W 11L -2.92.

YTD: 10W 11L -2.92.

Well i bet it.
All for 1 unit today.
Parlay:
CWS -158 NYY -150. +1.72
CWS RL +100
NYY RL +100
FL +139 willis +139.
MLW -119
ST.L -118 Carpenter -118?
SD -123
GL.

Driver

EOG Senior Member
Actually guys,

Actually guys,

it's a good idea to take a long look at ANY fav on exactly a 3 game losing streak AND look to bet AGAINST a dog on exactly a 3 game Win streak. Keep an eye on it.
Adding:
ATL 1st 5. -135. Same price as the game and i think Atl is going to try to jump out early in all their games this year.
GL.

Jimmy Hoffa said:
When's the best time to bet a -150 or more fav? Answer....

Never.

Hoffa, it breaks my heart to tell you. "Never" is not the answer. Theoretical experiemnts clearly shows that betting -150 or more faves is the way to go in certain set ups.

The typical set-up would be:

Always bet on a -150 or more fave if:

1- all members of the underdog teams are brothers and cousins
2- Most of the opponents are married to either a team member or a highlander cow.

;)

GL, friends and Enjoy your weekend!

farbror said:
Hoffa, it breaks my heart to tell you. "Never" is not the answer. Theoretical experiemnts clearly shows that betting -150 or more faves is the way to go in certain set ups.

The typical set-up would be:

Always bet on a -150 or more fave if:

1- all members of the underdog teams are brothers and cousins
2- Most of the opponents are married to either a team member or a highlander cow.

;)

GL, friends and Enjoy your weekend!
I stand corrected. So much to learn from our friends overseas...

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
good luck today....I am of the theory that there are times to lay some wood, but its not an often thing....but if i see a team that i think should be about -185, and really like them, and i can get them at -165 i see that as value....now of course, the key is , betting those fav's WHEN THEY WIN....you certainly have to be selective with them, but i dont rule out a play just cuz its over -150......but it has to be strong to play it...

I just can't eat that much chalk.

2003 Yankees vs. Marlins World Series. I laid -190ish on the Yankees and they never showed up and got spanked. I had to sit in the sauna all night to sweat that one out of my body, never again.

I'll lay -150 that it'll rain in Seattle today, but not on a game. There's too many other games out there without bankroll busting chalk.

There are good times to play chalk like this. Just watch your unit total on these games because a loss will kill your day. That said, take the WS -157 today.

jthang

EOG Senior Member
Yeah, I agree. I tend not to lay that much chalk that often. Perfect example was last night on the Padres. Things were promising until it fell apart late. It just reminded me of touching something that big. Good luck this season everyone!

Driver

EOG Senior Member

I seldom lay over -140. That's why i played the parlay and RL.
Adding:
PHIL RL +150.
Don't like betting the RL on the home team but i think this will probably be a high scoring game.
GL.