Saturday Bases.....(44-40, +15.36 units, ytd..)

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
ok, nevermind i found what you were talking about, under the "dynamic lines"...i never use that, so i hadnt seen them...

thanks

Nicoman1199

EOG Enthusiast
Check on the MLB page where they have the run line listed. Click on the drop down where the run line is and you will see it

What really kills me, going thru these 3 pages of threads, is the nerve of some people. These assholes questioning your -1.5 run-line bets....

these games are handicapped by Bucs, and if he takes the -1.5, it's because he feels that team will win by more than that. If that's the case, there is EXCELLENT VALUE IN THESE SELECTIONS!! Why is this so fucking hard for some people to understand? Typically (not always), these run-line selections are rated as 1-unit plays. If you lose, you're paying even money. If you win....you're somewhere in the neighborhood of +130 and up. It makes sense.

If you don't like the way this man handicapps, get the fuck out of here. This is a marathon, not a sprint. We're up 15+ units after the first two weeks...that's outstanding. It really pisses me off that people, who don't pay for these picks, come in and pass judgement on what Bucs releases. You are not the expert, or you wouldn't be here. You don't have the right, with no vested interest (paid for nothing) to do so.

Bucs...:+signs8-3 ~!! If you have nothing positive to say, or if you're going to "question" someone who knows a fuck of a lot more than you do.....goodbye!!:+waving-5 :+waving-5 :+waving-5

Superman

EOG Senior Member
Great call on your fav play today! That plus the RL helped the day from being a complete wash. I was glad they let Smoltz pitch a CG because I was worried the bullpen would ruin it for us.

Have a Happy Easter tomorrow. :cheers

maverick

EOG Veteran
Another way to play a team at -1 instead of -1.5........for instance tonight say you wanted the Braves at -1..to win $100.....bet

Braves ml (1.20).........60/50
Braves -1,5 +1.30 .......39/50

So essentially you have the Braves -1 ........99 to win 100

You hit the nail right on the head, Superman!!:smackdown

The Atlanta "RUN-LINE" made all the difference in the day!~ :cheers

i chickened out on the atl run line after the oakland debacle. my mistake. did hit every other play though. smoltz was great tonight and, we needed him

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Double J said:
What really kills me, going thru these 3 pages of threads, is the nerve of some people. These assholes questioning your -1.5 run-line bets....

these games are handicapped by Bucs, and if he takes the -1.5, it's because he feels that team will win by more than that. If that's the case, there is EXCELLENT VALUE IN THESE SELECTIONS!! Why is this so fucking hard for some people to understand? Typically (not always), these run-line selections are rated as 1-unit plays. If you lose, you're paying even money. If you win....you're somewhere in the neighborhood of +130 and up. It makes sense.

If you don't like the way this man handicapps, get the fuck out of here. This is a marathon, not a sprint. We're up 15+ units after the first two weeks...that's outstanding. It really pisses me off that people, who don't pay for these picks, come in and pass judgement on what Bucs releases. You are not the expert, or you wouldn't be here. You don't have the right, with no vested interest (paid for nothing) to do so.

Bucs...:+signs8-3 ~!! If you have nothing positive to say, or if you're going to "question" someone who knows a fuck of a lot more than you do.....goodbye!!:+waving-5 :+waving-5 :+waving-5

Double J, thanks alot for the support, i appreciate it....But i really DONT MIND anyone asking a question, as long as they are actually asking, in a normal way, and wanting an answer.....like above, MCP asked a question, but he asked a normal question, no problem, glad to answer....its the attention whores that come in, and say something stupid, just to try and get someone to notice them, that are the waste of time....and i just ignore those....u can look back and see who they are......i jsut do what i do....funny that they took their time, to come here, to look up my thread, just to take a shot, or bash.....that kinda cracks me up actually....it was "important" enough to them, to make the effort.....it sure isnt important enough to me, to respond.....But anyone who has a legite question, or even wants to point out something on the opposite side of the game, i have no problem with, as long as they can act like a grown up man, and ask a question......the majority do, and thats why i take my time to do this.....

cincy_

EOG Veteran
Double J said:
It really pisses me off that people, who don't pay for these picks, come in and pass judgement on what Bucs releases. :+waving-5 :+waving-5 :+waving-5

Great post, but I especially like this comment. These guys act like Bucs owes them a freaking refund or something.

Memo to the crybabies:

If you weren't losers and could pick your nose, you wouldn't be following Bucsfan in the first place.
PS: I am a loser and follow Bucs with pride and no complaints. NEVER.

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
When I looked at the lines this morning, I thought SD (Peavy) was the best play of the year. I couldn't believe he was a dog. I'm glad I'm following you Bucky because I would be getting my ass kicked this year otherwise.

Superman

EOG Senior Member
Double J said:
You hit the nail right on the head, Superman!!:smackdown

The Atlanta "RUN-LINE" made all the difference in the day!~ :cheers

Oh yeah. I had to follow the game on my phone so I couldn't see it but I saw Smoltz was crusing. I was really hoping he'd finish the game and not bring in anyone from the bullpen. I just did not want a 2-1 finish!

My 2 cents on the people who complain and nitpick. They're everywhere. No matter which gambling forum you go to you have those kinds of people out there. Serioulsy it's so pointless. I think they do it for attention. I wish there was a nice "ignore" button so we couldn't see those certain people invade other people's threads.

maverick

EOG Veteran
Bucsfan 67..............I just want to say thanks for posting early........it sure helps a lot on the weekends when there is a lot going on........

Superman

EOG Senior Member
maverick said:
Bucsfan 67..............I just want to say thanks for posting early........it sure helps a lot on the weekends when there is a lot going on........

Totally agreed! :+textinb1

Catsfan

EOG Enthusiast
maverick said:
Another way to play a team at -1 instead of -1.5........for instance tonight say you wanted the Braves at -1..to win $100.....bet

Braves ml (1.20).........60/50
Braves -1,5 +1.30 .......39/50

So essentially you have the Braves -1 ........99 to win 100
Maverick
Thanks for pointing out how to split up the game. I have heard that it is always better to play it the way you showed than to lay the one run. By any chance do you know what Atlanta was at - one run?

Bucs
Thanks for another winning day. As others have pointed out. This is a marathon not a sprint. You are doing a fantastic job. At this pace you will have us up over 150 units by the end of the year. And that would be an excellent season!

Borat Sagdiyev

EOG Enthusiast
The guy who was asking about the 1.5 run line bet may be reffering to when locals offer it at even money and is thinking along the lines of the home team not getting their last ups. All the old timers have it stuck in their heads that it is a "sucker bet." They don't know how to calculate the value of the + money you may get or the lowering of the price on a high favorite. Like you said Bucs you have to consider the source and not let it get you down or bother you. There are a lot of newbies here. Seriously though, you didn't know about the -1 at Pinny or that such a thing was available? Does that mean you may have bet into it if you did?

jasnlcas

EOG Member
A little more about the -1.

I read this somewhere on the board a few weeks ago.

The OP claims that you can get 3% better using this method, however this is inaccurate. I am not 100% sure what determines the line, but what I do know is it is differnet from game to game.

BUT, If you play on a book that does not offer -1. You can get -1 using the below formula.

BASE UNIT / ((100/ML)+1)

This will determine the amount you bet on the ML.

then take your Base Unit - Answer from above formula will determine what you should bet on the RL.

This will allow you to break even on your RL bet if you win by 1 run.