I DON'T LIKE IT HERE IN NEW YORK!!!

I leave Virginia yesterday, where the temperature was close to 80 degrees and come to New York, where it is freezing and raining with the temperature only in the 40's!!!

Also, I have a Wedding to go to soon, and now that I don't drink or drug, what the HELL am I suppposed to do? :+clueless

THE SHRINK

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Also, I have a Wedding to go to soon, and now that I don't drink or drug, what the HELL am I suppposed to do?

Set the example and say a prayer for all of those still suffering. ;)

Bucsfan67 said:
Too bad the knicks arent playing, that would simply "complete" the journey...:hung

LOL...

The funny thing is that the YANKEES are and this Friggin Wedding is IN THE BRONX, so I was planning on sneaking away to watch by beloved team play...

BUT IT IS RAINING & COLD!!!! :+sports2-

mofome

Banned
Virginia is nothing compared to MD. let that be known. DC and Mon Co MD, thats where it all happens. in what other state could u have a player of DJ Strawberry's skill level announce that he is going to enter his name into the 2006 NBA draft. Hes know Majestic Mapp, but he sure tries hard.

oh yeah, Beware the Ides of Chen. Hes out for the yanks today.

Go Os!

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
I have couple good friends that live in New York.

The way he talks it's always miserable weather in NY.......

mofome

Banned
I used to visit upstate NY when my uncle was OC for the Cuse back when McNabb and Harrison were there....nice football team, bad weather. Kids there wouldnt get off of school with 10 inches of snow...in DC we would get off if there was half an inch.

good times

:cheers

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated
THE SHRINK said:
Also, I have a Wedding to go to soon, and now that I don't drink or drug, what the HELL am I suppposed to do? :+clueless

THE SHRINK

Flirt with single women at the wedding! :+signs8-0

Boddie

EOG Member
Shrink, did you really just ask what should I do in New York?

Also, you might have the wrong mindset to recovery if you think life is boring being sober...and it sounds like you might with that statement. Remember, a road to sobriety is for the rest of your life, not just some period of detox. Most common reason for recovery failure.

The Devil

EOG Master
Ken, the weather has been lousy the past few days....but I understand it will warm up on Wednesday or Thursday....Oh you say you are leaving Wednesday.....well anyway enjoy your stay....

shoebox

EOG Veteran
There is no Better place on this Earth then New York from Mid May to Mid September. The winters i can do with out and even the other less then 55 degree days.

mofome said:
.......Kids there wouldnt get off of school with 10 inches of snow...in DC we would get off if there was half an inch......

Well, in Sweden you need that amount of snow on your bedcover or kitchen floor before the authorities start to consider closing school ;)

world traveler

EOG Addicted
check out some good restaurants while you are there. NYC has the best food selection in the world.
Personal favs...
Blue Ribbon Sushi - best sushi i have ever had, it better be for over $10 a piece. Try the monk fish liver, it looks and sounds nasty but is very tasty.
Blue Ribbon Bakery - same owners. Try the roast duck sandwich in walnut bread. Will blow your mind away.
The Great Shanghi - by far the best Peking Duck i have ever had. Get a side order of peanut noodles to start with.
Nobu - dont get sushi there, plenty better places for alot less. But they make a crispy salmon that is excelent.

It has been about 4 yrs since my last visit to the big apple so i hope these places are still around for you to try.
enjoy.
W.T.

Junior

EOG Veteran
Just head through the Lincoln tunnel and head for the Meadowlands to watch the NETs with playoff fever at the Meadowlands. Then hit the race track. Way to kill a day. Go to a few clubs in the city. HELL there is a GAMBLING social club in NYC on every block. Just hook up with someone to get you in.lol. So they don't think you are FIVE-O,lol. You can gamble all night and all day if you like. Remember its the city that NEVER SLEEPS! Hell if things get that bad just go to the observation deck at the Empire State building and take a swan dive off, just be careful the net doesn't catch you. You need to jump far away from the ledge,lol.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Junior said:
Just head through the Lincoln tunnel and head for the Meadowlands to watch the NETs with playoff fever at the Meadowlands. Then hit the race track. Way to kill a day. Go to a few clubs in the city. HELL there is a GAMBLING social club in NYC on every block. Just hook up with someone to get you in.lol. So they don't think you are FIVE-O,lol. You can gamble all night and all day if you like. Remember its the city that NEVER SLEEPS! Hell if things get that bad just go to the observation deck at the Empire State building and take a swan dive off, just be careful the net doesn't catch you. You need to jump far away from the ledge,lol.

You sure know how to paint a picture ;)