Culver baseball Friday (4/28/06) Part II

Culver

EOG Veteran
Reds +142
Mets -104
Rangers +132
Devil Rays +146

Houston-Cincinnati UNDER 9 -113 (Oswalt-Claussen)
Washington-St. Louis UNDER 9 -127 (Armas-Marquis)
Chicago-Anaheim OVER 8 1/2 -107 (Garcia-Weaver)

As always unless stated otherwise, all plays for one unit.

Culver

EOG Veteran
I don't believe all this bankroll talk gamblers like to throw around. I know gamblers and I know what "money management" really means to most of them-- always managing to have money when there's a game on TV, regardless of where they have to take it from. That may sound harsh, but I know it's true.

The real issue is discipline. The real issue is not plunging because you want to make a score. The real issue is not having ridiculous expectations. The real issue is not thinking you can solve all you problems by gambling.

Sometimes you tame the tiger and sometimes the tiger has you for lunch.

Here's the best money management system I ever found. Wager just enough so that when the bases are loaded in the bottom of the ninth with two outs you heart is racing a little faster. If your pulse isn't racing, you aren't betting enough to call yourself a player. If your heart is pounding so much you think you might have a heart attack, you're betting too much.

Culver said:
I don't believe all this bankroll talk gamblers like to throw around. I know gamblers and I know what "money management" really means to most of them-- always managing to have money when there's a game on TV, regardless of where they have to take it from. That may sound harsh, but I know it's true.

The real issue is discipline. The real issue is not plunging because you want to make a score. The real issue is not having ridiculous expectations. The real issue is not thinking you can solve all you problems by gambling.

<b>Here's the best money management system I ever found. Wager just enough so that when the bases are loaded in the bottom of the ninth with two outs you heart is racing a little faster. If your pulse isn't racing, you aren't betting enough to call yourself a player. If your heart is pounding so much you think you might have a heart attack, you're betting too much.</b>

POST OF THE WEEK MATERIAL!!! :+thumbs-2

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
You tell em Russ. Having been on the same side of the fences as you have, I know exactly what you mean! :rolleyes:

Royalty

EOG Member
Culver said:

Here's the best money management system I ever found. Wager just enough so that when the bases are loaded in the bottom of the ninth with two outs you heart is racing a little faster. If your pulse isn't racing, you aren't betting enough to call yourself a player. If your heart is pounding so much you think you might have a heart attack, you're betting too much.

OK Russ.... copyright those 4 paragraphs, bottle them up, do whatever you want....YOU COULD NOT HAVE SUMMED IT UP BETTER.

You have summarized the vast and expansive subject of money management in sports betting in just 4 paragraphs whereas other pretenders have written whole books on the subject and the gambler is still left scratching his head.. outstanding.

I'm still chuckling at how you managed to hit the nail on the head in so short a breath.

:+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2 :cheers :+textinbo

cklennon

EOG Enthusiast
Nice night again Culver, 4-3 but +units due to the fat doggies in CIN and TBD.

Also love it when a total goes over in the 3rd inning!!

shoebox

EOG Veteran
Good Job Russ, I was on Reds under before I saw your post and what a fuck job that was to Push. You also kept me off Wsox under which I leaned to. Texas outhit Clev 15-8 but doesnt cash, you win tonight but it could have been great!