Culver baseball Saturday (5/27/06)

Culver

EOG Veteran
Nationals +147
Royals +321
Devil Rays +270

Atlanta-Chicago UNDER 9 1/2 -102 (Ramirez-Marshall)
LA-Washington UNDER 8 1/2 -109 (Lowe-Hill)
St.Louis-SD UNDER 8 1/2 +115 (Ponson-Park)
Chicago-Toronto UNDER 9 1/2 -120 (Contreras-Janssen)
Cleveland-Detroit UNDER 9 -103 (Byrd-Verlander)
Seattle-Minnesota UNDER 9 +107 (Moyer-Bonser)
Baltimore-LA UNDER 9 -101 (Bedard-Je. Weaver)

"Grand Salami" UNDER 143 1/2 -105 (2 units)

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Good morning Russ, again great job yesterday. We split the fish entree, and I gave you the Royal desert. Back in the day, many moons ago I knew a couple of guys that just crushed the books parlaying those big MLB dogs. Of course their run ended, as most good things do, but it was amazing. Anywhere from 2 to 4 teamers, with scary payout odds.

Enough of the history. As far as the salami, do you have any stats or references regarding this spot? From my casual observations the overs have been the earner here, especially on Saturday. Many books don't even offer this, but enough do. Just not comfortable taking a position without knowing the stats, backwards and forwards.

JJ pitched another gem yesterday. 5 for 5 quality starts for him. One of the better young arms remaining out of the headlines. Very fine line with a no earned run two hitter. Young kid could have got rattled when catcher threw ball into center, but after that, just mowed them down. He has exceptional control, heat down and in, on the black. His worst start 2 earned runs. Someone to watch?

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>J Johnson (W, 4-2)</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD noWrap>105-65</TD><TD>2.18</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

Culver

EOG Veteran
Last Sunday I mentioned that Minnesota acquired Bonser, Liriano and Nathan from the Giants for Pierzynski and they have made a habit of "robbing" other teams in trades.

But Florida may end up being the Robber Barons of this decade. Joshua Johnson is home grown and was the Organizational Pitcher of the Year. You add in prospects Yusmeiro Petit, Anibal Sanchez, Rickey Nolasco and Hanley Ramirez along with a few other pitchers like Sergio Mitre that they acquired this past winter and the Marlins got the nucleus of a very good team in a couple of years.

They also chose the right manager.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I agree with the FLA assessment. Now if they could only move, or get fans to support them, which probably means move. Very impressed with manager so far. I really like Girardi's approach. A no nonsense, get in your face if he has to approach. He had one of his young arms get distracted by hp ump and went to mound, grabbed pitcher by the jersey and flat out said, keep your head in the game, do not let outside distractions affect your performance. The rest of the players see that and respect it. He seems to be a perfect fit with the youngsters. Beinfest seems to have an eye for talent, and stole some very good prospects while dumping all of those bad contracts. He is laying a very nice foundation for the future. Saddens me to see the Marlins win World Championships and still not draw. Others cities would sell their souls for that, but Floridians just have better things to do I guess. I really like the direction they have gone after the fire sale. Most importantly, Girardi has the players believing and playing hard. That is 50% of the battle these days.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
You can get Cleve un 9 +.05 and Balt un 9 ev. Just like yesterday when he had FLA +2.08, there was +2.10 avail, and it made +2.18. I got +2.15. So he is putting out numbers you can actually get better than. Maybe not in Vegas, but I would get unstuck from there and get offshore. Those numbers and all of his checkout.

Cleve un 9 +.05 CRIS
Balt un 9 ev Carib and 5 dimes

That is without even using Pinny drop down.