NHL Betting Discussion thread for Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2018

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Toronto -225 already, the frenchies are not going to like that. I have no clue this early so I will defer to my guy Sherwood for guidance.

I did play one future strong - Chicago under 85 points. The same old guys from last year are now a year older, and the goaltending is a major concern.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
John Kelly, I am the same until I truly witnessed some colleagues and friends of mine who were making serious money.

Tampa Bay Lightning and Vegas Golden Knights delivered a gold mine last season.

Let’s see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabe

Horse racing expert
I'm going to mess with some Toronto -0.5 reg, SJ -0.5 reg and parlay ML with both.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I saw CRIS and CGT leading the market up the ladder on Toronto (now -245 at CGT).

MGM Mirage opened this morning with Toronto at -220.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I already played (As BB here in the daily thread)

Bruins +118: Simply fading the banner night for Caps - who might still be celebrating. Home teams now on a 2-6 run L78 opening nights when raising the banner
Flames -126: Canucks truly suck

I like the PL for the Leaves and Guppies. Not sure both will hit but I do think a 2-teamer with them both hits. Right now prices are -235/-185 meaning payout of: 1.20 which isn't much but still should easily cash

startingate

EOG Member
I live in Vancouver and can tell you that everyone out here understands that this will be a brutal season as the club hopes to draft first and select Hughes first overall to play with his brother who was drafted this past summer. Wins will be very tough to come by, as will goals now that the Sedin twins have retired and the club ices a very youthful squad.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I live in Vancouver and can tell you that everyone out here understands that this will be a brutal season as the club hopes to draft first and select Hughes first overall to play with his brother who was drafted this past summer. Wins will be very tough to come by, as will goals now that the Sedin twins have retired and the club ices a very youthful squad.

Thanks for sharing.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Habs with a lot of team speed, they are giving the Leafs all they can handle through 2 @2-2, they have been the better team and going on the PP to start the 3rd.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Habs with a lot of team speed, they are giving the Leafs all they can handle through 2 @2-2, they have been the better team and going on the PP to start the 3rd.

I followed the game on my phone.

Montreal was not only faster but far more aggressive (Hits favored Montreal, 34-18).

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Okay folks,

Some food for thought.
Keep an eye on 1st period total goals OVER the 1.5 number.

Go back through exhibition and opening night and see the numbers.
Looks like it beats the break even mark.
Shaky starts creating scoring opportunities.
Not necessarily correlated to shots on goal.

Will weed through the best of the field each night and see how I manage for the week.