Trout extension

MrTop

EOG Master
legal gambling adds to the value of your ball club when you sell it. It all trickles down to the players then the viewer / bettor pays for it at the end.

Heim

EOG Master
I don't see Trout being a Halo for life. Moreno won't spend any more money to build a team around him
especially with Pujols still on the books. Halos have the best CF prospect in the minors in Jo Adell. Are
you feeling me? A deal this early gives them a little more leverage rather than end up with a Anthony Davis
situation because Trout won't negotiate during the season. I think he ends up a Phillie at some point, Trout
won't reject it, for prospects and a few frontline SP. They'll get stung by the media short-term and fans will be
upset but nobody in Orange County goes to see the Halos because Trout is in the lineup. He doesn't have the
bigger than life quality Aaron Judge has.

kane

EOG master
IMO, by the time he eventually retires, Trout will go down in history as a top 10-20 player of all time. He's the best player I've ever seen play the game, he makes everything look easy and effortless.

mr merlin

EOG Master
IMO, by the time he eventually retires, Trout will go down in history as a top 10-20 player of all time. He's the best player I've ever seen play the game, he makes everything look easy and effortless.
I agree, but it's time for a breakout year, 36-38 hr's are nice but he needs to bump it up to 48+(like judge or stanton), become a wow player.

MrTop

EOG Master

right now a long way to go for that..... his lifetime batting average is only .307 it is ok still needs some great years to be ranked in the top 20.

there are 30 players with a lifetime average over .323

if he hits 600 homers top 10-20 for sure

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Jeff Passan who broke the story for ESPN made a good point yesterday. Today it's all about the fair market value of the team. Naturally
with Trout hanging in the wind Moreno doesn't get anything close to the estimitaed 2 billion, He bought the team for 180 million. You can bet
Moreno won't be around for the duration of the deal, neither will Trout (under new ownership) imo.

kane

EOG master
I agree, but it's time for a breakout year, 36-38 hr's are nice but he needs to bump it up to 48+(like judge or stanton), become a wow player.

He'll never be a 48 HR a year guy, he's not a slugger like Judge or Stanton, but considering everything he does on the field, there's nothing wrong with 36-38 a year, and he's already a wow player

kane

EOG master
Trout has played 7 full seasons in the majors, he's won 2 MVP's, finished 2nd four times, and 4th once, and he's still in his prime

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Jeff Passan who broke the story for ESPN made a good point yesterday. Today it's all about the fair market value of the team. Naturally
with Trout hanging in the wind Moreno doesn't get anything close to the estimitaed 2 billion, He bought the team for 180 million. You can bet
Moreno won't be around for the duration of the deal, neither will Trout (under new ownership) imo.
It’s funny how people are raving over this deal, but with so much tied up into Pujols and Trout, how much more can they dish out? Are they trying to win or make money, they are definitely not the same.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The White Sox are paying Eloy Jimenez roughly $75-80 mil over 8 years now. He hasn’t played a game. What happens if he flames out? Rookies do that.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Like Stanton? So hit .265 with a .340 OPB and 210 strikeouts. Yeah, that's a wow player! He's hit over 38 homers once in his career BFD. Trout last year hit 40 bombs in only 471 at bats (led the league in walks), and missed 22 games. He hit the same amount of homers as Stanton in 150 less at bats. Oh, and his OBP is 120 % higher. That's what you call a "wow" player.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Like Stanton? So hit .265 with a .340 OPB and 210 strikeouts. Yeah, that's a wow player! He's hit over 38 homers once in his career BFD. Trout last year hit 40 bombs in only 471 at bats (led the league in walks), and missed 22 games. He hit the same amount of homers as Stanton in 150 less at bats. Oh, and his OBP is 120 % higher. That's what you call a "wow" player.
Dont get me wrong, Trouts my favorite player, but you have to bomb the ball, I'd trade all those walks he takes for another 8 -10 HR's any day. And Trout hit 39 last year.

Trout is great by the way, other than his 1st partial year, he's batted .300+ 5 times, had one at .299, and stunk it up with his career low at .287. In this day and age, that is incredible.

papa 5

EOG Veteran
I don't see Trout being a Halo for life. Moreno won't spend any more money to build a team around him
especially with Pujols still on the books. Halos have the best CF prospect in the minors in Jo Adell. Are
you feeling me? A deal this early gives them a little more leverage rather than end up with a Anthony Davis
situation because Trout won't negotiate during the season. I think he ends up a Phillie at some point, Trout
won't reject it, for prospects and a few frontline SP. They'll get stung by the media short-term and fans will be
upset but nobody in Orange County goes to see the Halos because Trout is in the lineup. He doesn't have the
bigger than life quality Aaron Judge has.
Trout is the ONLY reason to see this team.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
At least. power hitters can maintain their output into their mid, even late 30's. I understand he's now a total player(not just a power hitter).
The more Pujols declines, it forces Trout to produce even more. Unless they get more protection, teams will pitch around him.
Couldn't disagree more, assuming health, I see no reason why he can't string together another 6-7 MVP type seasons, he's only 27
Mickey Mantle didn’t have a 5 WAR season after he turned 30.

kane

EOG master
The more Pujols declines, it forces Trout to produce even more. Unless they get more protection, teams will pitch around him.

Mickey Mantle didn’t have a 5 WAR season after he turned 30.

What does Mantle have to do with Trout? Mantle played in a much different era, he was a heavy drinker and didn't take proper care of himself, with today's workouts and nutrition there's no reason to think Trout won't put up big numbers for many years to come

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
What does Mantle have to do with Trout? Mantle played in a much different era, he was a heavy drinker and didn't take proper care of himself, with today's workouts and nutrition there's no reason to think Trout won't put up big numbers for many years to come

Many people say he's the modern day Mantle. A generational talent.

Here's a player that takes care of himself and his last 5+ WAR season was at 31 - Albert Pujols. Mays was still producing 10's until he was 33, incredible. The odds are against Trout, but I surely wouldn't bet against him.

High Times

EOG Master
The amount is disgusting, but he should have gotten more money. Less than 40 mil a year is under paying him compared to the other bums getting these huge contracts. In time he will be under paid.
NBA stars are already getting over 40 a year......
I thought Harper would be in his position but Harper turned out to be a Dunn/Kingman/Judge type player. Homers doubles and no defense.... None of them worth anything except for their media built up popularity.....