Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

boston massacre

EOG Master
Yet another embarrassing performance from Trump at yesterday's presser. He loves to answer the softball questions, but whenever he gets asked a tough question, it's the same thing every time, he'll interrupt the reporter mid question, say the question is nasty, call the reporter fake news, then go on a 5 minute rant about how great of a job he's doing, how his handling of the virus has been perfect, then tell some lies before going to the next reporter without ever answering the original question, and this goes on every fucking day

Starting to SNOW outside.

The drug is generic and his been off patent for decades, try again.
Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report

President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.
Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.
In addition, Sanofi’s largest shareholders include a mutual fund company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said. Trump’s three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the Times reported.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Interesting speculation, Blue.

Trump seemed incensed the other day when a CNN reporter accused him of "promoting" the drug.

Interesting speculation, Blue.

Trump seemed incensed the other day when a CNN reporter accused him of "promoting" the drug.

Good point JK-Also when a reporter started to ask Fauci about the drug in Sunday’s presser trump emphatically cut Fauci off and wouldn’t let him answer

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I think he is going for credit here, not so much money

Now the people egging him on are after money, but imo Trump wants the credit for saving "millions of lives, probably tens of millions, maybe hundreds" (I can just hear him say it, and keep topping himself in the same sentence.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Yet another embarrassing performance from Trump at yesterday's presser. He loves to answer the softball questions, but whenever he gets asked a tough question, it's the same thing every time, he'll interrupt the reporter mid question, say the question is nasty, call the reporter fake news, then go on a 5 minute rant about how great of a job he's doing, how his handling of the virus has been perfect, then tell some lies before going to the next reporter without ever answering the original question, and this goes on every fucking day

He rambled for 90 minutes. Gets crazier each day. Terrible

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Look I am no fan of Biden but I just cannot see Trump getting reelected. And I will put my money where my mouth is

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
would Georgia be one of them.

They are printing a 'crooked" number

I think yesterday morn or the day before I posted about how I think we see a weird weekly accounting lag and subsequent bump overall and maybe due to certain states, when they report and how that works into the Greenich mean time clock on worldometer

I think GA is an example. They went from 10 deaths to 100 from Monday to Tuesday

I'd guess that many counties did not start to certify their weekend deaths until monday. So people that we see today's numbers died on many sat/sun combined.

its why I try to look at the numbers over 3-4 day trends.

kane

EOG master
I think yesterday morn or the day before I posted about how I think we see a weird weekly accounting lag and subsequent bump overall and maybe due to certain states, when they report and how that works into the Greenich mean time clock on worldometer

I think GA is an example. They went from 10 deaths to 100 from Monday to Tuesday

I'd guess that many counties did not start to certify their weekend deaths until monday. So people that we see today's numbers died on many sat/sun combined.

its why I try to look at the numbers over 3-4 day trends.

Their governor decided to open the beaches, not sure if that played a role in the increase or not, but either way it was a dumb decision

dogball

EOG Master
Friends 35 year old cousin passed this am. Two staff members in my building out sick today and have Covid symptoms. Have a company at the building disinfecting common area and my office. Doesn’t feel like it’s slowing down much. LI i know of two people who passed yesterday. One 50 other 75.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The voters will decide how good a job he’s doing, all that really matters.

Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report

President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.
Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.
In addition, Sanofi’s largest shareholders include a mutual fund company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said. Trump’s three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the Times reported.
Fake News. The drug has been around a long time.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Their governor decided to open the beaches, not sure if that played a role in the increase or not, but either way it was a dumb decision

I thought I heard that they restricted what you can do on the beach

they basically opened it for walking, running, maybe swimming

they aren't letting people set up umbrellas and blankets and have a picnic in between playing volleyball and paddle ball.

Walking on beach seems alot better to me than some of the city paths and parks that had to be shut down here in Chicago because you got people all on top of each other running, sweating and breathing hard as they pass each other

The voters will decide how good a job he’s doing, all that really matters.

Most voters will decide whether he’s doing a good job. Millions of his cult followers will continue to disengage from any critical thinking or rational thought process. There’s really no decision being made.

that's all you have? If he had 1 million people in the response team, how would things of changed?

South Korea and the USA had their first reported case of the virus on the same exact day. S Korea has had 192 deaths total deaths from Covid 19

It’s about being prepared and proactive with a competent response team instead of dunderfucks like his son in law working on the task force.