Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Still amazed at how California has kept their numbers down, especially considering they were very early in the start of the cases and deaths

what are they doing?

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Urban sprawl, california is not a densely packed state.

yeah I think there is more too it

Ca ranks 11th in highest population density, between Illinois and Ohio

They have a good number of metropolitan areas that have over 1 million and then lots of vast open areas.

a quick count of at least 15 states with less population density than California have more deaths per capita.

Hopefully this “school” will go out of business
Nearly a Dozen Liberty University Students Sick With Coronavirus Symptoms After Falwell Reopened Campus

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Heinsberg, that's what I don't understand..The Virginia Governor closed all public schools several weeks ago.. This is a well funded Baptist college.. I too hope it goes out of business.

mr merlin

EOG Master
yeah I think there is more too it

Ca ranks 11th in highest population density, between Illinois and Ohio

They have a good number of metropolitan areas that have over 1 million and then lots of vast open areas.

a quick count of at least 15 states with less population density than California have more deaths per capita.
Perhaps the fact they're all fussy people who shower and wash a lot normally? Wheras in New Orleans, they're all sweating like pigs while sharing blunts and passing a bottle of hooch back and forth.

Heinsberg, that's what I don't understand..The Virginia Governor closed all public schools several weeks ago.. This is a well funded Baptist college.. I too hope it goes out of business.

I read a story today that almost all of the staff at the school are still being required to show up. Falwell is a fraud like all evangelists. Stories broke last summer that he was paying a young “pool boy” from Miami to swing with him and his wife Falwell even bought the guy a hotel in Miami.

US coronavirus hotspots

Cases of this virus are ramping up rapidly in a few U.S. cities, which could become the next epicenters of the virus in the U.S. if the trajectory doesn’t change, according to multiple news reports. Axios reported that cases are rising in Boston, Detroit, New Orleans and Philadelphia.

“It’s important for people to know that everyone’s curve is going to look different. New York is going to look different from Boise, Idaho, Jackson, Mississippi, or New Orleans,” Dr. Jerome Adams, the U.S. Surgeon General, toldCBS This Morning on Friday (March 27). Adams added that New York cases could start to decrease next week.

“But we also see hotspots like Detroit, like Chicago, like New Orleans that will have a worse week next week than this week,” Adams added.

On Friday (March 26), New Orleans had 1,170 COVID-19 cases, of the state’s total of 2,746, according to WDSU News. The city of Detroit has reported 1,075 COVID-19 cases, a little under one-third of Michigan’s total, 3,657,clickondetroit.com reported. And Philly has logged 475 cases to date, out of Pennsylvania’s nearly 1,700 cases, CBS Philly reported.
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-updates-united-states.html

Valuist

EOG Master
The wyoming gov is doing a fantastic job, not 1 death yet and he didn't have to shut shit down either.

I wonder what his secret is?

No people. I drove on I-80 from Chicago to the Bay area in 2015 and went from the east end to the southwest end into Utah. There's nobody there. Something like 50k in Cheyenne. That's it.

Just looked up the numbers. In population, Wyoming is the least populated state, and in pop density, only Alaska is less densely populated.

Last edited:

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I still dont get how NYC is a ghost town now, but # new of cases are still if not increasing but staying in the 8-10K range.

Someone explain that to me

Hassidics are hit being very hard, which is not surprising

Illegal alien population # should take a haircut as well. I guess living 10 to an apt is not such a good idea afterall

I still dont get how NYC is a ghost town now, but # new of cases are still if not increasing but staying in the 8-10K range.

Someone explain that to me

Hassidics are hit being very hard, which is not surprising
Low income people are getting hit the hardest. They aren't staying home.

n Chicago, African-Americans are 30 percent of the population but make up 68 percent of the COVID-19 deaths.

In Milwaukee County in Wisconsin, black residents are 28 percent of the population but 73 percent of the fatalities.

Advocates in New York say the same race gap is apparent here. And they’re calling on Mayor de Blasio to release data broken down by race to show where aid is most needed.

“Protect the people who need the most protection," Public Advocate Jumaane WIlliams said. "You saw a plan that obviously certain communities benefited from, but it seems to be at the expense of the same communities that we have failed long before the virus was there. We can’t wait. We want these numbers, and we want a real plan.”

Williams and others note that the hardest-hit zip codes are those that are home to racial minorities and low-income communities, groups that don’t have the luxury of working from home.

The Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens have seen higher rates than Manhattan and Staten Island.

City Comptroller Scott Stringer is also calling for data to be broken down by occupation.

Stringer’s report found that 75 percent of frontline workers are non-white, 19 percent are non-citizens, and eight percent lack access to health insurance.

Deborah O’Bryant has been a home health aide for 13 years. She still takes the bus every day from the North Bronx to care for her elderly client. She wouldn’t make rent if she didn’t work.

“I try not to even think about getting sick. I try not to even think about it, you know?" O'Bryant said. "I said I know that I’ve got to do and I just do what I’ve got to do.”

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams says people like O’Bryant aren’t alone in their impossible choices.

“All one has to do is stand on a train platform and you'll see that the trains are filed with black and brown and low-income people going into into communities to service those who are able to telecommute," he said.
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-borough...us-disproportionately-hurts-african-americans