Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Fauci said that in January.

By late February it was obvious it was gonna be a big deal.

Yet Trump in early March!!!! was still downplaying it

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
On CNN I never knew who Rachel was until the election, LOL, it couldn't have went any worse for her.

And only recently did I find out who Lemon was.....

They showed he had a guest on the show, 100% Democrat, but Lemon was incensed this guy wouldn't slam Trump for his presser.

Strangest thing I've ever seen.

The guest said I've been critical of Trump countless times but I see nothing wrong with what he said here?

OMG, Lemon was furious! LOL. I guess if true or not you are REQUIRED to bash Trump......

That's when I started to realize all the things you all say about CNN is true.

I mean how shallow do you have to be trying to force a guest to bash Trump if you think he did nothing wrong.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Fauci said that in January.

By late February it was obvious it was gonna be a big deal.

Yet Trump in early March!!!! was still downplaying it

Well the start was the critical time....... the fact Fauci had that opinion right out of the gate is huge.

No telling how many lives Fauci cost us.

And if he missed that badly what in hell could we expect from POTUS?

My point though, the thing that surprises me the most is the amount of times the lefties said he should have followed Fauci from the start.......

And I find out tonight he did exactly that!!?

Talk about a self-defeating argument, LOL.

Trump doing his thing even in the middle of the "impeachment"? Impressive.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Once again.... first USA case of corona was also on January 21 the same day as S Korea .....you’ve been posting death updates -go ahead and post the stats for USA and S Korea.

Yep, that illustrates just how bad Fauci was. I imagine the SKorea leader had much better people around him than we did here.

With Trump getting that kind of expert opinion it's amazing we are doing as well as we are.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Well the start was the critical time....... the fact Fauci had that opinion right out of the gate is huge.

No telling how many lives Fauci cost us.

And if he missed that badly what in hell could we expect from POTUS?

My point though, the thing that surprises me the most is the amount of times the lefties said he should have followed Fauci from the start.......

And I find out tonight he did exactly that!!?

Talk about a self-defeating argument, LOL.

Trump doing his thing even in the middle of the "impeachment"? Impressive.

He was talking about the American people, not the President

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
No, he was talking about POTUS should have followed Dr Fauci from the beginning. Very clear.

Go back and check some of the earlier posts if you like.

skinny

EOG Addicted
On CNN I never knew who Rachel was until the election, LOL, it couldn't have went any worse for her.

They showed he had a guest on the show, 100% Democrat, but Lemon was incensed this guy wouldn't slam Trump for his presser.

The guest said I've been critical of Trump countless times but I see nothing wrong with what he said here?

OMG, Lemon was furious! LOL. I guess if true or not you are REQUIRED to bash Trump......

I mean how shallow do you have to be trying to force a guest to bash Trump if you think he did nothing wrong.
That was John Kasich, former governor of Ohio.
Lemon embarrassed himself as usual.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

That is Lemon's end game. He steers the questions in that direction, then lectures the viewers.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Man, it's starting to become more and more obvious.

I don't follow this stuff like most of you guys, I assumed Fauci was all over the seriousness of the virus right from the start.

Raiders asked Kane about a dozen times (or more) what he would do, each time he said listen to the experts.

And others on the left kept saying it too - Trump and his giant ego wouldn't listen to the experts so it was costing us lives!!!

In fact some mentioned him by name - we'd be much better off if Trump would have listened to Dr Fauci!!!

Because of that I just assumed Fauci was warning of how big this would be and Trump was going against him every step!!

So tonight reading that Fauci thought this virus was no big deal it makes sense to me now why Trump was saying the things he said.

In fact I'm amazed that he was actually listening to the expert yet still made some big decisions to benefit this country.

And since this was the beginning if there's blood on anyone's hands it would be the "expert" that should have known better.

TRUMP2020

There you Go.

Check the FAKE NEWS LIST.

Anything from them is LIES, FAKE, ANTI-TRUMP, and DEATH TO AMERICA.

boston massacre

EOG Master
That is Lemon's end game. He steers the questions in that direction, then lectures the viewers.

I've Posted THIS Several Times.

Forget whatever the TRUMP TOPIC is on CNN.

Anyone who does not LIE, BROADCAST FAKE NEWS, CONTRADICT TRUMP, OR SMEAR TRUMP WILL BE FIRED .

The Guy's name who will Fire you, is JEFF ZUCKER.

If you are Appearing as a GUEST on CNN, They will Pay you to come on and LIE.

This is Real News.

Anyone who Believes a Don Lemon is GUILLBLE.

Check out the FAKE NEWS LIST, and BEWARE.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Pat-you’re better than that. The first half of his response means a lot for the context and trump ignored the guidelines. Also regarding his second statement you left out the rRIGHT NOW portion of the answer

Also, Watch out for this GUY.

He's Exactly Like a Don Lemon from CNN.

Everything will be Anti-Trump. All Negative against whatever TRUMP says or Does.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
continuing to track our little international social distancing vs non-social distancing real life experiment

new deaths
Sweden 106
Finland 2
Norway 3

total deaths
Sweden 793
Finland 42
Norway 104

total deaths per million
Sweden 79
Finland 8
Norway 19

mr merlin

EOG Master
I've Posted THIS Several Times.

Forget whatever the TRUMP TOPIC is on CNN.

Anyone who does not LIE, BROADCAST FAKE NEWS, CONTRADICT TRUMP, OR SMEAR TRUMP WILL BE FIRED .

The Guy's name who will Fire you, is JEFF ZUCKER.

If you are Appearing as a GUEST on CNN, They will Pay you to come on and LIE.

This is Real News.

Anyone who Believes a Don Lemon is GUILLBLE.

Check out the FAKE NEWS LIST, and BEWARE.
Haven't watched CNN in 3+ years, no reason too.

mr merlin

EOG Master
continuing to track our little international social distancing vs non-social distancing real life experiment

new deaths
Sweden 106
Finland 2
Norway 3

total deaths
Sweden 793
Finland 42
Norway 104

total deaths per million
Sweden 79
Finland 8
Norway 19
Their choice, Sweden will be finished and done with their pandemic soon, the others will spend extended time living in fear.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Their choice, Sweden will be finished and done with their pandemic soon, the others will spend extended time living in fear.

i'm not sure if that is correct, but who knows...Finland and Norway seem to be coming down off their peak and Sweden is still going up.

but i'm tracking this on the basis of choice.

If i'm looking at this data, you can be sure all sorts of task force people's number crunchers are looking at this

Fauci and Birx will have this info in hand and show it Trump and all the Governor's people will show it to them, and Mayors will see it to.

do you think based on that little experiment that Politicians looking to get elected will CHOOSE to open up quicker or later?

mr merlin

EOG Master
i'm not sure if that is correct, but who knows...Finland and Norway seem to be coming down off their peak and Sweden is still going up.

but i'm tracking this on the basis of choice.

If i'm looking at this data, you can be sure all sorts of task force people's number crunchers are looking at this

Fauci and Birx will have this info in hand and show it Trump and all the Governor's people will show it to them, and Mayors will see it to.

do you think based on that little experiment that Politicians looking to get elected will CHOOSE to open up quicker or later?
Sweden will not be as vulnerable to a rd 2. Keep in mind sweden has a large number of immigrants who live in close quarters and prob wouldn't socially isolate anyway - the same thing is happening in France.

As far as your question goes, I hardly thing the 30 million people who lose their jobs and may not get them back. will be impressed with politicians who betrayed them.

kane

EOG master
I agree with you but I fear the Walmart’s and other giant conglomerates are going to end up buying out smaller businesses after this economic meltdown

I saw a report that said a little over 50% of small businesses will never reopen

mr merlin

EOG Master
I saw a report that said a little over 50% of small businesses will never reopen
Up here the gov still wont let golf courses open, we have a short season and golf courses have been struggling for years, they cant survive missing most or all of a season. Pure madness.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Sweden will not be as vulnerable to a rd 2. Keep in mind sweden has a large number of immigrants who live in close quarters and prob wouldn't socially isolate anyway - the same thing is happening in France.

apparently Sweden is already starting to take Legislative action to put stricter measures in place recently, I missed that until now. So they are already realizing they messed up and covering their butts.

As far as your question goes, I hardly thing the 30 million people who lose their jobs and may not get them back. will be impressed with politicians who betrayed them.

You might be right on how the vast unwashed masses view this. I'm not sure the Politicians are playing as much to them, as to the media outlets and loud social media opinions that SWAY those unwashed masses.

I Think looking at how our President handled this. He clearly was talking in a manner to calm the stock market for a few days as things got bad, including the oval office prime time address. He saw that backfired and had to quickly take up the social distancing flag.

He started to dabble in the "Let's not let the cure be worse than the problem" rhetoric but quickly did a 180 even before the initial 15 day social distancing guidelines expired.

the fact that he gave in to Fauci on the 30 day guideline extension so prematurely, tells me his advisors are way more worried about the political fallout of the media covering a growing death toll over the inevitable economy crash that would occur in either scenario really.

I haven’t seen that but it doesn’t surprise me at all. We might be entering the realm of Aldous Huxleys vision when he wrote the book Brave New World and the possibilities are terrifying

Last edited:

cheapseats

EOG Master
Up here the gov still wont let golf courses open, we have a short season and golf courses have been struggling for years, they cant survive missing most or all of a season. Pure madness.
Same with the Coachella Valley. The high time, 300+ green fees are lost this yr. Summer, they mostly close down or by noon, and few willing to venture out at 110+ degrees.

mr merlin

EOG Master
apparently Sweden is already starting to take Legislative action to put stricter measures in place recently, I missed that until now. So they are already realizing they messed up and covering their butts.

You might be right on how the vast unwashed masses view this. I'm not sure the Politicians are playing as much to them, as to the media outlets and loud social media opinions that SWAY those unwashed masses.

I Think looking at how our President handled this. He clearly was talking in a manner to calm the stock market for a few days as things got bad, including the oval office prime time address. He saw that backfired and had to quickly take up the social distancing flag.

He started to dabble in the "Let's not let the cure be worse than the problem" rhetoric but quickly did a 180 even before the initial 15 day social distancing guidelines expired.

the fact that he gave in to Fauci on the 30 day guideline extension so prematurely, tells me his advisors are way more worried about the political fallout of the media covering a growing death toll over the inevitable economy crash that would occur in either scenario really.
The media has completely lost the ability to sway opinion, IMO.

I think there is an almost inverse reaction to their coverage as many if not most people believe the opposite of what they posit.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
The media has completely lost the ability to sway opinion, IMO.

I think there is an almost inverse reaction to their coverage as many if not most people believe the opposite of what they posit.

again maybe or maybe not.

but i'd definately take the positions that Media will never lose its power. And the Media was a huge force in why we treated this pandemic so different, correct?

but our President clearly believes in the power of media and how information is disseminated. We wouldn't have daily briefings, we wouldn't have 10 daily reminders about closing down china and he wouldn't spend so much time commenting on who he likes and doesn't like during crisis moments like this, going on long rants against fake, if it didn't matter to him it should be out of mind with bigger things to worry about.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
“The way you get ahead of it is that, as I try to explain to people, that I want people to assume that ... we are overreacting because if it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing,” -Fauci

Looks like Trump is buying more into this approach to explaining fewer projected deaths as opposed to trying to use it to get us back to work quicker.

tweet from an hour ago.

"A key coronavirus model is now predicting far fewer deaths than the number shown in earlier models. That's because the American people are doing a great job. Social distancing ect. Keep going!"

why is this guy not cheerleading our country to open up our economy before businesses go bankrupt?

he's still cheerleading social distancing.

amazing

mr merlin

EOG Master
again maybe or maybe not.

but i'd definately take the positions that Media will never lose its power. And the Media was a huge force in why we treated this pandemic so different, correct?

but our President clearly believes in the power of media and how information is disseminated. We wouldn't have daily briefings, we wouldn't have 10 daily reminders about closing down china and he wouldn't spend so much time commenting on who he likes and doesn't like during crisis moments like this, going on long rants against fake, if it didn't matter to him it should be out of mind with bigger things to worry about.
The projections drove this response, not the media, when they said NY would need 125,000 beds and 40K ventilators, which is 3 times what they could handle, everyone panicked.

The projections drove this response, not the media, when they said NY would need 125,000 beds and 40K ventilators, which is 3 times what they could handle, everyone panicked.

If panic is what it takes for the ignorance of so many in this country to wake up and take things more seriously for the time being I don’t see the problem with that

skinny

EOG Addicted
Governor Sisolak shut down golf courses today in Nevada. The one thing you could still do here, now gone. Insane.