Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
The idiot governor of my state wants to open the schools, he said kids under 25 haven't died from the virus. First off he's wrong about no one under 25 dying from the virus. Second, even if someone under 25 didn't die, that person can get it, then spread it to older people, like their parents and grandparents, this guy has been criticized for his handling of the virus from the beginning, he was late in social distancing, late in closing our beaches, late in telling people to stay home, etc. His name in Ron Desantis and not coincidentally is a Trump disciple
I didn't mind him till he caved on the statewide shutdown, that showed he's weak. opening the schools in a while is not a bad idea, but what good would 3-4 weeks do?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I lived in Chicago area for 50 years. Yes, in summer plenty of people go to Michigan to vacation. But I don't know a single person who went to Michigan for a winter getaway. Is there skiing?
It's only a hour Amtrak ride from downtown to New Buffalo. NB is full of condos on the lake now. There are many cottages and 2nd homes that are on AirBNB all up and down the lake. When the Illinois Stay at Home started, people left in droves to their 2nd homes in Wisc and Mich, work from there instead.

There is skiiiing more toward Traverse City, we have the breweries and wineries for attractions.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The idiot governor of my state wants to open the schools, he said kids under 25 haven't died from the virus. First off he's wrong about no one under 25 dying from the virus. Second, even if someone under 25 didn't die, that person can get it, then spread it to older people, like their parents and grandparents, this guy has been criticized for his handling of the virus from the beginning, he was late in social distancing, late in closing our beaches, late in telling people to stay home, etc. His name in Ron Desantis and not coincidentally is a Trump disciple

He's another bad guy

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
It's only a hour Amtrak ride from downtown to New Buffalo. NB is full of condos on the lake now. There are many cottages and 2nd homes that are on AirBNB all up and down the lake. When the Illinois Stay at Home started, people left in droves to their 2nd homes in Wisc and Mich, work from there instead.

There is skiiiing more toward Traverse City, we have the breweries and wineries for attractions.

Mighigan is just a huge backyard playground for some many Chicagoans

we go up 3-4 times a year in the warm months. 1-2 times for camping and a couple of beach weekends/weeks. In the fall we go to friend's places in Muskegon and Grand rapids for 5k races, bike races, and Art prize. We usually meet up with those friends for a pre thanksgiving or christmas group in an air bnb. We have a friend in traverse city where we have cross country skied and snowmobile all around on extensive trails, you can take the snow mobiles right to the bars from their cabins.

We went up to the porcupine mountains last year for hiking and camping. the Upper Peninsula is just amazing.

Michigan is my favorite state. and a lot of chicago slime agree

sorry FW

Sol Diablo

House of Heat

we go up 3-4 times a year in the warm months. 1-2 times for camping and a couple of beach weekends/weeks. In the fall we go to friend's places in Muskegon and Grand rapids for 5k races, bike races, and Art prize. We usually meet up with those friends for a pre thanksgiving or christmas group in an air bnb. We have a friend in traverse city where we have cross country skied and snowmobile all around on extensive trails, you can take the snow mobiles right to the bars from their cabins.

We went up to the porcupine mountains last year for hiking and camping. the Upper Peninsula is just amazing.

sorry FW

Someone once proclaimed on the forums that Michigan beaches were among the best in the entire United States.

I laughed.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

sorry FW

Hey, they make me a lot of money.

I have a baseball book recommendation for you - The Wax Pack. Basically its a guy who opens a pack of 80's baseball cards and hunts down each player in that pack to see what they are doing today.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I have a baseball book recommendation for you - The Wax Pack. Basically its a guy who opens a pack of 80's baseball cards and hunts down each player in that pack to see what they are doing today.

Sounds like an awesome Netflix documentary. I'll wait for the video version.

Fuck reading. Too much work.

I'm a huge reader as well (all non fiction for me however) I've never heard of the this book. I will track it down

Maybe we could start a thread of recommended books about sports?

kane

EOG master
I'm a huge reader as well (all non fiction for me however) I've never heard of the this book. I will track it down

Maybe we could start a thread of recommended books about sports?

I could reccomend a bunch of really good sports books, but they're all older ones, I used to be a pretty big reader, but I can't even remember the last book I read, it might be Moneyball

kane

EOG master

This would be a great idea for a TV show, every show this guy is tracking down some random baseball players from the 80's, I'd for sure tune in

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
The other day I saw a story about a 104 year old man who contracted the virus, and he beat it, wow

Wow!

Think I read a 103 year old woman beat it as well....

Unless this is same person and I'm getting the details wrong.

Certainly possible of late, can't remember if I'm coming or going, LOL.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Why the Fuck is a Guy from Ethiopia the Head of the World Health Organization.

Nobody gives more Cash to the W.H.O. than the United States.

442 Million Last Year.

China gave 40 Million.

This Guy from Ethiopia is taken Bribes From China to cover up for their Cover up.

This Guy from Ethiopia use to be the Head of that country's Health Care.

They had 3 outbreaks of Cholera while he was there.

This Guy is a World Murderer.

China took a specimen from a citizen in their country that was sick on December 24.

It came back "unknown pneumonia"

They sent out the specimen to 2 Private Testing Facilities for a better explanation.

1 Facility said it was SARS. The other Facility said it was 70% SARS.

This Happened on December 27.

The Guy from the W.H.O. told Trump on Jan.14 that this Virus Cannot be Transmitted Person to Person.

Why Cover up this Shit ?

This is Exactly the Purpose of the W.H.O.

To Prevent World Pandemics from occurring.

CHINA/W.H.O.

Murderers.

Last edited:
I could reccomend a bunch of really good sports books, but they're all older ones, I used to be a pretty big reader, but I can't even remember the last book I read, it might be Moneyball

MoneyBall is tied with Into Thin Air as my two favorite books. I read MoneyBall every year before the start of baseball season. I've never read any other book more than once.

MrTop

EOG Master
L.A. shutting down till May 15.

Using his own 'metrics,' Trump says ending U.S. shutdown is biggest decision yet

Last edited:

Wade

EOG Master
Grocery stores are getting more messed up everyday. Went in today to stop and shop and they have one entrance closed and the aisles are one way. it seems like they never order anything.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
No problem. Always good to hear your take on any subject.
Yep. Patty usually a pretty perceptive fella, especially classic Patty:

Patrick McIrish

I guess I'm behind on all the moves Raiders has pulled through the years. I remember the one where he took Dime and opened a new TFZ forum, that was bad enough, I didn't even recall this move to TOW!? So if I'm reading this right (just skimmed the last few pages) Roberto offered Raiders $300 a month to stick it up this site's ass? He left here overnight and took the TFZ forum down at the first mention of cash? All without even consulting someone he called a friend? Poor Peep, must get lonely on the high road of life, LOL. I guess this explains why he hasn't taken Shrink's asshole out of his mouth yet, I'm sure he was offered more than $300 a month for what he's doing these days. Like I've been saying all along, you can buy and sell Raiders for less than a monthly grocery bill. As such nobody with any clue of what's gone on through the years can take this guy seriously, you'd be an idiot not to realize he will do anything for a buck. I mean anything!

One of the more highly rated posters of these forums had it exactly right even back then:

Quote:
Well, best of luck Raiders, but this move has damaged you in my eyes. There's no way you'd agree to it unless there was something in it for you - nothing immoral about earning money, but you're earning it from someone you've repeatedly slammed on this forum - which means to me your convictions are for sale.

And like Forrest Gump said in the movie, "that's all I have to say about that".[/b]

Sounds familiar doesn't it? The guy stands for nothing, all about finding his next handout, he'd sell his mother out for a $50 dollar freeplay. Shrink isn't getting much for his money this time, Raiders has been bought so many times even he doesn't know what he really believes. Likeable guy but one of the biggest whores in the industry. Cheap whore at that, $300 a month? Wow. Shrink probably waved a nickel at this guy and got over 100 threads in a week, LOL!! Thank GOD I'm not in that position. Not rich by any means but hopefully never that desperate for money. Shrink's a great man guys, he really is!!!

McIrish and I had a couple of flaming wars. That was many moons ago and McIrish would change most , if not all of that if he had to do over. Thanks for crapping on another thread. Something you're well known for across the street and now you want to bring it here. I'll pass on rolling around in the mud with you.

Last edited:

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
McIrish and I had a couple of flaming wars. That was many moons ago and McIrish would change most , if not all of that if he had to do over. Thanks for crapping on another thread. Something you're well known for across the street and now you want to bring it here. I'll pass on rolling around in the mud with you.
Irony at it's finest. And we move on.

boston massacre

EOG Master

You wanted that Fuckin Drug Addict Elected.

Majority Smart.

boston massacre

EOG Master
The left blames republican govs for anything that goes bad in their state, but dem govs in blue states have no blame for anything. Typically illogical.

They're Complete Frauds and Phonies.

Trump Deals with these Quacks Everyday.

They Take up a Lot of his Time.

He could be Doing a Lot more Great Things for the Citizens of the United States of America, if it wasn't for these Fruits.

And when you Add in all the FAKE NEWS, You Realize how many Anti-Americans Live in this Country.