Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

cheapseats

EOG Master
Big F publicly said today that Trump acts on his expertise. Course loonies won't hear that on clinton news network, only Russian interference.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
1,516 total deaths
671 NY
115 MI
93 NJ
88 MA
74 IL

442 the rest.

way low...

considering they include any death as a wuhan death?

those numbers make this one of the greatest overreactions in history...

send the mlb players back to camp,...they need 4 weeks to get the season started.

States without stay at home orders although cities may have done it on their own. Deaths:

41 Iowa
17 Nebraska
8 North Dakota
6 South Dakota
18 Utah
0 Wyoming

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Remember when Conservatives supposedly cared about Gov't Overreach? Of course they were Hypocrites, just like they were about the National Debt, and countless other things. As long as their Dear Cult Leader is in charge, all of those things are fine and dandy:

Trump claims "authority of the president is total" to reopen states

Axios

Pressed on how he will force governors to reopen their state economies during the coronavirus crisis, President Trump said at a press briefing Monday: "When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total."
Why it matters: It's not totally clear under what authority Trump is talking about, as the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution gives states the "police powers" to regulate behavior during a public health crisis.
  • Asked who told him that the president has this authority, Trump responded: "We are going to write up papers on this. It's not going to be necessary because the governors need us one way or the other. Because ultimately it comes with the federal government."
What they're saying: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told CNN Monday evening,
"The President doesn't have total authority. We have a Constitution. We don't have a king."
Go deeper: States form committees to reopen America
Editor's note: This article has been updated with Cuomo's comments.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
reason is, I saw we went down a bit in total deaths. I noticed this about a week ago too. I got a bit of optimism at deaths going down, after seeming to sort of start a plateu. but then they suddennly jump up.

March 19- 56
March 20- 49
March 21- 46
March 22- 113
March 24 -225

March 28-- 525
March 29 363
March 30 558
March 31 912

April 4 - 1330
April 5 - 1165
April 6- ???
April 7-????

let's hope we don't see a big sharp increase in the next 2-3 days.

I"m hoping is that maybe its a weekend reporting/accounting process? do some States, counties, cities maybe not certify deaths on some weekend days? I know I read about a convoluted process in Idaho where they sometimes don't report the deaths until 3-4 days later and just group them all together on one day.[/QUOTE]

ok we went down and didn't see the small monday bump up. So if we don't see a bigger or any bump up on Tuesday following a Holiday, I'll think social distancing really worked and we are on the downslope for the most tragic time in the most populated areas.

March 19- 56
March 20- 49
March 21- 46
March 22- 113
March 24 -225

March 28-- 525
March 29 363
March 30 558
March 31 912

April 4 - 1330
April 5 - 1165
April 6- 1259
April 7-1973

April 11 1830
April 12 1528
April 13 1535
April 14

but if I had to guess, i'd think today we would see 1700-1900 lives lost, and then hopefully a slower downslope that will increase as it goes.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Virus going to move on from high populations of people, to areas that are critical to our supply chain now.

stock up on your meat products now

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
This will be an interesting week as the stimulus checks are breaking. I can see people hoarding meat.

for sure. But at least you can only hoard as much as your freezer holds. Not a huge % of people have deep freezers to supplement their fridge/freezer

Rural America's attitude toward's the virus's danger and social distancing will be effecting Metropolitan areas supplies for the next few months.

seeing this story play out daily for awhile.

Smithfield extended the closure of its Sioux Falls South Dakota, plant to 14 days, after initially saying it would idle temporarily for cleaning. The facility is one of the nation’s largest pork processing facilities, representing 4% to 5% of US pork production, according to the company.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
for sure. But at least you can only hoard as much as your freezer holds. Not a huge % of people have deep freezers to supplement their fridge/freezer

Rural America's attitude toward's the virus's danger and social distancing will be effecting Metropolitan areas supplies for the next few months.

seeing this story play out daily for awhile.

Smithfield extended the closure of its Sioux Falls South Dakota, plant to 14 days, after initially saying it would idle temporarily for cleaning. The facility is one of the nation’s largest pork processing facilities, representing 4% to 5% of US pork production, according to the company.
Our main supplier is eliminating production by two days a week. They are using those days for additional cleaning and disinfecting.

Expect to see big packages of everything in the stores now. Stores need the bigger rings to make up for mandated customer counts in the stores.

States with the least amount of deaths.

1 WY
6 SD
7 MT
8 ND
8 AK
9 WV
9 HI
18 UT
18 NE
18 ME
23 NH
28 VT
30 AR
31 NM
33 ID
41 DE
43 IA
52 DC
52 OR
62 KS
70 MN
73 RI
87 SC
98 MS
99 OK
103 AL
104 KY
107 NC
109 TN

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Our main supplier is eliminating production by two days a week. They are using those days for additional cleaning and disinfecting.

Expect to see big packages of everything in the stores now. Stores need the bigger rings to make up for mandated customer counts in the stores.

Do you anticipate any disruption with frozen vegetables or fresh produce? I'm assuming those supply chains also have heavy industry components more rural and southern areas especially closer to Mexico?

mr merlin

EOG Master
it looks like we've hit peak deaths and there's no going back on that. NY, NJ are everything with regard to national numbers, NY peaked at about 800 and had less than 700 yesterday, while there will be blips for sure I would expect a week from now they'll be more in the 5-600 range, 2 weeks from now more like 3-400.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
it looks like we've hit peak deaths and there's no going back on that. NY, NJ are everything with regard to national numbers, NY peaked at about 800 and had less than 700 yesterday, while there will be blips for sure I would expect a week from now they'll be more in the 5-600 range, 2 weeks from now more like 3-400.

for sure, that is the hope. The big positive shoe i'm waiting to drop is for them to open up elective surgeries and procedures for some less serious, but still serious medical issues that people have.

mr merlin

EOG Master
for sure, that is the hope. The big positive shoe i'm waiting to drop is for them to open up elective surgeries and procedures for some less serious, but still serious medical issues that people have.
That was mentioned last week at one of the briefings, of course like most things it's all talk. Talk of testing, which just eeks up, talk of fancy new quick tests(that are hardly used), talk of antibody tests(that aren't done).

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Do you anticipate any disruption with frozen vegetables or fresh produce? I'm assuming those supply chains also have heavy industry components more rural and southern areas especially closer to Mexico?
The stores have been hurting in frozen veggies and frozen meat for a month now. It will take a long time for them to catch up. Extreme weather would be very bad in that area. I think fresh produce in the Midwest will be fine.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
South Dakota will be one of the biggest covered states by the hysterical media over the next few days.

feel bad for these small time politicians that will be stuck between all sorts of immense pressure, scrutiny from many directions

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Fuk me if we go over 2k a day again today.

I shouldn't have gone back to looking at daily numbers, but this weekend lag phenomenon sucked me in.

I was literally eating lunch, clicked the link, saw a few state's new numbers and couldn't eat anymore.