Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
Direct tweet from your cult leader once again this morning bragging about his tv ratings
Oh, i dont like shit like that, I also hated yesterdays briefing again, he just cant resist bickering with the press, One reporter(a woman) asked a very friendly question and Trump still rambled on for 5-6 min, blathering out a list of grievances. Terrible to watch,

Trump has overall done a very good job on this virus, for him to constantly remind everyone how great he and his staff is, shows a lot of insecurity.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I"m feeling Hopeful, and I think it will be amazingly positive news if we can avoid the standard Tuesday Death bump.

March 19- 56
March 20- 49
March 21- 46
March 22- 113
March 24 -225

March 28-- 525
March 29 363
March 30 558
March 31 912

April 4 - 1330
April 5 - 1165
April 6- 1259
April 7-1973

April 11 1830
April 12 1528
April 13 1535
April 14 2553

April 18 1867
April 19 1561
April 20 1939
April 21 ?????

cheapseats

EOG Master
"Don't let American cities die". Right out of the democrat pie hole running LA, aka Garcetti, who won't budge an inch other than to worry about the protected species that liter the streets of LA.

mr merlin

EOG Master
All this talk and hand wringing from Governor after governor over when and how to reopen...it's so hard, etc.

Wasn't that hard for the governor of Georgia was it?

kane

EOG master
An Ohio man who dismissed the coronavirus pandemic as a "political ploy" and ripped his state's lockdown as "bulls--t" has died of Covid-19, according to reports.

John W. McDaniel, 60, passed away last Wednesday in Columbus, exactly a month after reportedly firing off a series of angry messages about the contagion.

"Does anybody have the guts to say this Covid-19 is a political ploy? Asking for a friend. Prove me wrong." He wrote on March 13th, according to The Sun.

Two days later, McDaniel reportedly called "bulls--t" on Ohio governor Mike Dewine's stay at home order closing bars and restaurants.

"He doesn't have that authority. If you are paranoid about getting sick just don't go out. It shouldn't keep those of us from living our lives," he wrote according to reports.

mr merlin

EOG Master
An Ohio man who dismissed the coronavirus pandemic as a "political ploy" and ripped his state's lockdown as "bulls--t" has died of Covid-19, according to reports.

John W. McDaniel, 60, passed away last Wednesday in Columbus, exactly a month after reportedly firing off a series of angry messages about the contagion.

"Does anybody have the guts to say this Covid-19 is a political ploy? Asking for a friend. Prove me wrong." He wrote on March 13th, according to The Sun.

Two days later, McDaniel reportedly called "bulls--t" on Ohio governor Mike Dewine's stay at home order closing bars and restaurants.

"He doesn't have that authority. If you are paranoid about getting sick just don't go out. It shouldn't keep those of us from living our lives," he wrote according to reports.
Interesting, lets hear what the other 41000 dead people said, maybe we can pick apart their words too, make a game of it?

kane

EOG master

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Looks like we are heading for a bump up again and over 2,000 deaths again unfortunately.

I"m feeling Hopeful, and I think it will be amazingly positive news if we can avoid the standard Tuesday Death bump.

March 19- 56
March 20- 49
March 21- 46
March 22- 113
March 24 -225

March 28-- 525
March 29 363
March 30 558
March 31 912

April 4 - 1330
April 5 - 1165
April 6- 1259
April 7-1973

April 11 1830
April 12 1528
April 13 1535
April 14 2553

April 18 1867
April 19 1561
April 20 1939
April 21 ?????

March 19- 56
March 20- 49
March 21- 46
March 22- 113
March 24 -225

March 28-- 525
March 29 363
March 30 558
March 31 912

April 4 - 1330
April 5 - 1165
April 6- 1259
April 7-1973

April 11 1830
April 12 1528
April 13 1535
April 14 2553

April 18 1867
April 19 1561
April 20 1939
April 21 ?????

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
damn

could approach a new high day

Tuesdays are the worst. I know its some lag deaths, but it is demoralizing when you start looking for a light at the end of the tunnel

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
damn

could approach a new high day

Tuesdays are the worst. I know its some lag deaths, but it is demoralizing when you start looking for a light at the end of the tunnel
I think there is something to the rise on Tuesdays caused by a lag on the weekends. We need a good Tuesday.

blueline

EOG Master
More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study

With 368 patients, the study is the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for Covid-19.

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, either.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study

With 368 patients, the study is the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for Covid-19.

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, either.

fuck

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Throw out the east coast and things are great.

I guess it depnds on the operational defintions of "We" and "good"

I do better with numbers and data.

You can subtract whatever states you want. and "We'll" have higher single day death counts than we did this time last week.

It sucks not even being at the peak, in so many areas.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I guess it depnds on the operational defintions of "We" and "good"

I do better with numbers and data.

You can subtract whatever states you want. and "We'll" have higher single day death counts than we did this time last week.

It sucks not even being at the peak, in so many areas.

This is the problem that I don't think is getting enough play in the media.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Have we not flattened the curve as Merlin has often claimed?
Deaths shmeaths, a lot of these are the fake suspected deaths with no proof of covid infection. Did NJ really go from 170-370 in 1 day?

I see the CO Gov announced a phased reopening, said bars and restaurants can reopen by mid May.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Deaths shmeaths, a lot of these are the fake suspected deaths with no proof of covid infection. Did NJ really go from 170-370 in 1 day?

I see the CO Gov announced a phased reopening, said bars and restaurants can reopen by mid May.

Like everything else, deceit, lies, spin.

Valuist

EOG Master
Hair salons and barber shops are not deemed "essential", but landscaping is? I think most are more concerned with their hair than their lawn.

Youve been very credible so far so this is satisfying.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
President Trump's first federal guideline for reopening is a downward trajectory of reported cases over a 14 day period.

I think that might have been a mistake and too stringent.

We are a long way off from that in most places.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yeah, he put in plenty of work, but the work he put in wasn't hard work. Sorry Pat, but you'll never convince me that giving an hour long speech, then hopping on a private plane that takes you to another city, checking into the fanciest hotel, then giving another speech the next day is hard work, sure it's work, it's not like he was sitting on his ass all day, but there's a difference between work, and hard work, and the work he put in most certainly wasn't hard. Just look at all of us here, we all work, we all have jobs, but some of us have jobs that are easier and some have jobs that are harder, I can you for a fact the work I do isn't hard work at all, I still do my job and I do it very well, but the truth is the work I do isn't very hard. If you think giving speeches at rallies every other day is "hard" work, then we'll have to disagree on what the term "hard work" means, and we move on. And again, I never said the man was lazy, I just said the work he did wasn't "hard"

Kane, to me work, hard work or not, is aligned with what a person does for a living.

For example an accountant that comes in early, stays late after the bell, is dedicated and puts in extra hours, he is a hard worker.

He's working hard for his family. Being physical isn't a requirement for someone to be a hard worker.

Trump was running for President. A big part of that coming down the stretch is giving speeches, traveling, getting up and doing it all over again the next day.

He certainly outworked Hillary.

This proves what many are saying, some of you guys will NEVER say a good word about this POTUS. Not EVER!

Someone said Trump is a hard worker, you follow that with a picking oranges reference, someone else says it's not work for Trump because he likes applause anyway.

Sharp guy IMO but you are one of the least objective guys on the forum when it comes to TRUMP.

Hopefully in the midst of all the hate you have for the man you at least realize that much. You judgement is way off when it comes to Trump.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Interesting, lets hear what the other 41000 dead people said, maybe we can pick apart their words too, make a game of it?

Yes, very obvious, "according to reports" the author of the story claims.

BTW who cares if Trump has an ego? Doesn't make him a bad President, most successful people do have a big ego.

Said the same when the right was going crazy about Clinton with Monica and the cigar.

Who cares!? None of that makes him a bad President.

In fact since it's all Hillary if he isn't active on the side probably proves he's very aware of reality.

Trump has a big ego, yeah, so what? He should have one......