Blacklab weekend

actually doing quite well.....won my heat series bet,and heat last night which paid well.....lost my sabres bets the other night,but bases is doing quite well to offset

Phillies +152 2 units
cards - 1 1/2 -113 3 units
Marlins over 10 1/2 -102 **4** units
laa angels +110 3 units
A's over 9 -110 3 1/2 units
yanks - 1 1/2 -105 3 units
yankees - 160 1 unit
wsox -160 3 units
wsox - 1 1/2 +120 2 units
jays - 1 1/2 -135 **5** units

MAVS -1 pk **5** units ( I also have huge mavs series bet)

phils - 1 1/2 +250 1 unit
m's - 1 1/2 +10 3 1/2 units

phils tt over 4 2 units

big day......really want to hit while I'm hot.Sorry for not posting as I'm crazy busy here guys.have a great weekend:+paraanoid

actually had a great day.......day was a small profit,but Mavs series win was huge,and being that I played them +1200 earlier to win NBA championship,I can choose to hedge some:cheers

goldie

EOG Enthusiast
Don't know what to make of the Oilers

Don't know what to make of the Oilers

<TABLE class=tborder id=post247319 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_247319>Lab-
I admit it-I don't know what to make of the Oilers. Are they really that good or did Anaheim just not show up for their series. I know Oilers were not this good in reg. season, tho they had some good streaks, they had some dreadful ones as well and barely made playoffs.
This is somewhat like the run Ana had couple of years ago with Giguere to the finals, except that Guguere was standing on his head every night and Roloson has not really had to make great save after great save. He seems to have a clear view of every shot and leaves few rebounds. Oilers pack in their D so low around him I have to think that some more adept teams can take advantage of that. It was next to impossible for Ducks to get shots to the net and their frustration was obvious as the series wore on. They overpassed, became reluctant to shoot and were unable to mount any sustained attack. I think both Buffalo and Carolina are more adept offensively.
Whether that is true or not, I don't think the Oilers will be able to get away with playing 2-1 games against either team from the East.
I'd be interested to know your thoughts. Thanks.
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2> </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

a few quick thoughts.....

although,if you break down carolina as a team,they have very few stars.....Stall is really the only one.Rod is playing great,and recchi as well,but they are past their prime......

Oilers have few stars as well,and the one they do have is a defenceman,who can't impact the game offensively as much......

I agree fully with you that the Oilers cannot get away with 2-1 games.I also believe,that if Roloson can keep his confidence,he will be tough to beat....I worry more about Cam Ward......

If you watch Carolina play all year,a key component is they play well with a lead,and poor from behind......That,IMO, is the key to this series......I think the 1st team to score in this series will have a huge advantage(more than in most games).....therefore,I wanna look at props that accentuate that......I think that carolina,on paper should win....yet,look at this

Goaltending....I give the edge to Roloson(veteran.hot.experience)Ward(too green)

Defence(easily edmonton....MVP of the playoffs Pronger so far)
forwards carolina.....but closer than you think

special teams,and depth......even

coaching.....Carolina for now

will be a great series

goldie

EOG Enthusiast
Oilers/Hurricanes

Oilers/Hurricanes

Lab-
I havr thought about this series a lot and have tried to find an excuse to play Edmonton as they will be getting a price, but don't know if I would feel comfortable with them. I really haven't seen enough opf them to have a strong and reliable opinion about them. On the other hand I got to see Canes play many times as they are in the same division as Capitals.
Early on Carolina looked like a great team ass they got out of the gate fast and were playing really well. They have lots of speed, often threaten off the rush, pass the puck well and have a potent power play.
They had some injuries, most notably to Cole who still is not well and had a bit of a slump toward the end of the season. They had, for a while the chance to be top team in the East but tailed off. After starting poorly against Montreal, they picked up their play. Probably the most impressive thing was their dismatling of New Jersey which came into that series winning 15 in a row. If they could beat Brodeur as badly as they did, I have no doubt they can get some rubber past Roloson.
It is interesting that the Southeast division, often thought to be the weakes in hockey, has the rigning champs and another team now playing for the title. Edmonton reminds me of Calgary 2 years ago but with less offense. Certainly Roloson is no better than Kiprusoff, but Ward is no Khabibulin either.
Teams in the west did not seem to score as much as the east temas all season. The East Conf teams played many more over games than the west and the numbers were higher.
Pronger will play a lot to be sure but Carolina rolls four lines and can usually expect production from any of their lines. Brind'amour is as good as there is on faceoffs, and Weight has come up big in playoffs. While neither team has vast experience at this time of year, I think Oilers may be a little too green this time around.
I think reality sets in for Oilers in this series. I will be surprised if Carolina doesn;t win. BTW, Barry Melrose made an interesting point tonite. He said that the Oilers may have had too much time off and may have lost their edge. He felt they would struggle in the early part of this series.

goldie said:
Lab-
I havr thought about this series a lot and have tried to find an excuse to play Edmonton as they will be getting a price, but don't know if I would feel comfortable with them. I really haven't seen enough opf them to have a strong and reliable opinion about them. On the other hand I got to see Canes play many times as they are in the same division as Capitals.
Early on Carolina looked like a great team ass they got out of the gate fast and were playing really well. They have lots of speed, often threaten off the rush, pass the puck well and have a potent power play.
They had some injuries, most notably to Cole who still is not well and had a bit of a slump toward the end of the season. They had, for a while the chance to be top team in the East but tailed off. After starting poorly against Montreal, they picked up their play. Probably the most impressive thing was their dismatling of New Jersey which came into that series winning 15 in a row. If they could beat Brodeur as badly as they did, I have no doubt they can get some rubber past Roloson.
It is interesting that the Southeast division, often thought to be the weakes in hockey, has the rigning champs and another team now playing for the title. Edmonton reminds me of Calgary 2 years ago but with less offense. Certainly Roloson is no better than Kiprusoff, but Ward is no Khabibulin either.
Teams in the west did not seem to score as much as the east temas all season. The East Conf teams played many more over games than the west and the numbers were higher.
Pronger will play a lot to be sure but Carolina rolls four lines and can usually expect production from any of their lines. Brind'amour is as good as there is on faceoffs, and Weight has come up big in playoffs. While neither team has vast experience at this time of year, I think Oilers may be a little too green this time around.
I think reality sets in for Oilers in this series. I will be surprised if Carolina doesn;t win. BTW, Barry Melrose made an interesting point tonite. He said that the Oilers may have had too much time off and may have lost their edge. He felt they would struggle in the early part of this series.

really respect your opinion on hockey......

I outlined what I liked about what you wrote....

Canes got lucky against Montreal.With Koivu injury,and the goalie change at the right time,they stole the series......as for Devils,just think the time off,and them peaking 3 weeks early hurt them......

Cole was a non factor regardless,and any decent play from him consider a bonus....

I love the point about oilers losing momentum,but also remember they played that series with a wicked flu....they will be skating healthy.....

I also,like you,looked for a reason to play oilers......Could only find 3....

#1-patriotism(dosen't pay the bills)
#2-hot Goalie(Cam ward should be able to hold up)
#3-Pronger factor(I know his trainer,and while he's in great shape,the amount of minutes he's played can only hurt him)

also,I give home ice advantage to Canes.....they are a better home team throughout the year.......I coulkd care less if oilers fans can sing the national anthem:rolleyes: