MICHELE WIE!!!!

The Devil

EOG Master
OPINIONS:

SHOULD SHE BE ALLOWED TO EVEN TRY TO QUALIFY FOR THE US MENS OPEN????

SHOULD MEN BE ALLOWED TO TRY OUT FOR WOMENS EVENTS?????

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
The Devil said:
OPINIONS:

Should be Yes & Yes
or
No & No

One or the other, no favortism........BS

The Devil

EOG Master
THAT'S EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS HACHE.......

DON'T KNOW HOW MANY QUALIFING SPOTS ARE OPEN, BUT HOW DO YOU THINK THE GUY WHO FINISHES ONE SPOT OUT AND SHE TAKES IT WILL FEEL???????

Ppeter

EOG Enthusiast
NO. Prove you are the best LPGA player first, then try to prove you are the best player, period.

MCP

one major point you are missing. this isnt the MPGA.. this is the PGA.. anyone is allowed to play... not quite the same as a man trying to play on the lpga.

should she? no -- is she allowed? yes. its up to the sponsors.. she will never qualify.

Alan

EOG Enthusiast
The Devil said:
OPINIONS:

This one is very simple -- It is in the NAME

US OPEN

US WOMENS OPEN

Of course anyone that can qualify should be allowed to play. Pony up the 100 bucks or so and tee it up with 8500 players. If you play your way in regardless of indoor or outdoor plumbing, you have earned a spot

The Devil

EOG Master
THE US OPEN IN TENNIS HAS TWO DIVISIONS......MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE THE MEN PLAY AGAINST THE WOMEN IN ONE DIVISION?????

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
If she qualifies let her play. Then she is not taking anybodys spot--seriously if one of these young turds loses to her they need to get a new job selling green fees or something.

The Devil

EOG Master
THAT'S A GREAT POINT DEWEY, BUT WHY NOT LET MEDIORCRE MEN PLAY FOR SPOTS ON THE LADIES TOUR??? WHY SHOULD IT BE ONE WAY AND NOT THE OTHER?????

Alan

EOG Enthusiast
Devil,

In USGA events (this is not a pga event) the events pretty much defined in the name with a couple of exception.

Senior OPEN
Senior Womens OPen

US OPEN
US Womens OPEN

The qualification procedure for a non qualifing person provides enough protection so someone who is not qualified will simply not make it into the tournament.

Now, if the USGA loses there minds and they will not and does something stupid like allow the US Women's Open champion to receive an exemption then I would have a problem with that.

On the pga tour, there are sponsor exemption and those have been used as marketing ploys by allowing Anika and Wie -- even back to Babe Zaraharis days to play with the men. This what it is --- marketing.

The day is here were the best of the women can compete with the lower end of the tour players on some few courses. Day in and Day out, they will simply get pounded (no pun intended)

Womens tour events have a specific gender clause in their rules. So, I say, simply play by the rules. It works in most things, why not golf.

The Devil

EOG Master
Alan said:
Devil,

In USGA events (this is not a pga event) the events pretty much defined in the name with a couple of exception.

Senior OPEN
Senior Womens OPen

US OPEN
US Womens OPEN

The qualification procedure for a non qualifing person provides enough protection so someone who is not qualified will simply not make it into the tournament.

Now, if the USGA loses there minds and they will not and does something stupid like allow the US Women's Open champion to receive an exemption then I would have a problem with that.

On the pga tour, there are sponsor exemption and those have been used as marketing ploys by allowing Anika and Wie -- even back to Babe Zaraharis days to play with the men. This what it is --- marketing.

The day is here were the best of the women can compete with the lower end of the tour players on some few courses. Day in and Day out, they will simply get pounded (no pun intended)

Womens tour events have a specific gender clause in their rules. So, I say, simply play by the rules. It works in most things, why not golf.

THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT ALAN......THE WOMENS TOUR HAS A SPECIFIC GENDER CLAUSE......I JUST DONT THINK THATS RIGHT.......I GUESS WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT RENE RICHARDS.......

Alan

EOG Enthusiast
The Devil said:
OH BY THE WAY ALAN...GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE, WE HAVE HAD SOME GOOD DEBATES OVER THE YEARS......

I also will join the battle if the USGA crumbles to the pressure of making the purses the same. The only event the USGA runs that makes any money is the US OPEN. Every other event they run cost them money.

Tennis is a bit different regarding the purses because the women can get better ratings and attract as much or more advertising dollars from TV and as a result, they are paying their own way without the men's half of the event paying the frieght.

Debates especially long ones are mostly in my past ---- read this place and MW and post a few times at both places.

Culver posting his opinions got me reading this board. As you know, I have a great deal of respect for him. He has special talent that most do not know about. He convinced his wife to marry him and she thinks she was the lucky one. He could never again win a one run decision ---- and he still could not claim to be unlucky.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
The Devil said:
THAT'S A GREAT POINT DEWEY, BUT WHY NOT LET MEDIORCRE MEN PLAY FOR SPOTS ON THE LADIES TOUR??? WHY SHOULD IT BE ONE WAY AND NOT THE OTHER?????

Its fine if they tuck in their penis and medically create a vagina.

Any "man" who wants to play on the LPGA tour is a loser plain and simple.

minnyace01

EOG Addicted
Anyone should be able to play in PGA or USGA Open events. In events designated for women, it has to be for women only. The reason for this is because it is a totally different game that men play as opposed to women. Michelle Wie is the only woman that has a chance to play in an open event because of the distance that she can hit the ball.

The only reason that the men don't want to see Wie play in the Open is because she could claim one of the spots. She is that good, and will be far and away the best player ever to play the LPGA tour. What you need to remember is that she is still in high school. Remember when Tiger was in college, he was only a marginal player when he tried to play with the big boys. Wie is the 2nd ranked women's player in the world right now, as a 15-16 year old high schooler. When she dedicates herself to playing golf full time, she will be a force to be reckoned with.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
MICHELLE WEI IS A FREAK SHOW BECAUSE OF HER AGE.LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT TY TRYON THE KID WHO GOT HIS PGA CARD AT LIKE 15 WHERE IS HE NOW.YOU CAN PUT THIS IN THE BOOKS MICHELLE WEI WILL BE MAKING EGG FOO YUNG IN HER FATHERS RESTAURANT IN 2 YEARS AFTER SHE REALIZES SHE IS A FAILURE AT GOLF WHO NEVER GOT A VICTORY.

MICHELLE BEANTOWNJIM WILL TAKE THE #2 FRIED RICE,PORK LO MEIN,CHICKEN FINGERS,WITH EXTRA DUCK SAUCE.AND MAKE IT SNAPPY MICHELLE I WANT TO GO WATCH THE GOLF :+textinb1

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated
Should be "yes-yes" or "no-no". I lean towards yes. Why not let all the men go out on the women's tour if they choose? Let them hit from the women's tee, too,.

Ppeter

EOG Enthusiast
BEANTOWNJIM said:
MICHELLE WEI IS A FREAK SHOW BECAUSE OF HER AGE.LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT TY TRYON THE KID WHO GOT HIS PGA CARD AT LIKE 15 WHERE IS HE NOW.YOU CAN PUT THIS IN THE BOOKS MICHELLE WEI WILL BE MAKING EGG FOO YUNG IN HER FATHERS RESTAURANT IN 2 YEARS AFTER SHE REALIZES SHE IS A FAILURE AT GOLF WHO NEVER GOT A VICTORY.

MICHELLE BEANTOWNJIM WILL TAKE THE #2 FRIED RICE,PORK LO MEIN,CHICKEN FINGERS,WITH EXTRA DUCK SAUCE.AND MAKE IT SNAPPY MICHELLE I WANT TO GO WATCH THE GOLF :+textinb1

Just another dumbfuck racist statement.
BTW, Michelle is not Chinese, and her family is friends with mine, not that means anything to you if you really are a dumbfuck racist.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..It's money that matters; in the u.s.a...!!!!

DUH..???

What part of that don't you understand..????

It's marketing (as already stated by someone); and free advertising; and "controversial"; but;

that being said:

women have the right to qualify on an even basis to compete against men; but men do not have the right to compete in women's events...the sex difference is just too much; there would be no coed events that were more than 99.9% men..!!

jmho

gl

:smokesmal

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
PETER I DONT WANT TO DISAGREE WITH YOU BUT IF MICHELLE WEI ISNT CHINISE WHAT THE F-CK IS SHE HAWAAIN.AND AS FAR AS THE RACIST REMARK GOES PETER I DONT SEE WHAT YOU MEAN ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME YOU SEE IRISH AND ITALIANS COOKING IN CHINESE RESTAURANTS ITS NOT RACIST PETER BOY ITS A FACT CHINISE PEOPLE COOK IN CHINESE RESTAURANTS END OF STORY.SHRINK I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THESE GOD DAM LIBERALS IN THIS FORUM TRYING TO CHANGE MY VIEWS WELL I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU GUYS BEANTOWNJIM CALLS THEM THE WAY HE SEES THEM AND I SEE MICHELLE WEI AS CHI-K I MEAN CHINESE.THE FACT STILL REMAINS SHE HASNT WON ANYTHING SHE IS THE MOST OVERRATED GOLFER IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME.ANNIKA HAD THE RIGHT TO GIVE THE PGA A SHOT BUT MICHELLE WEI NO WAY FIRST YOU HAVE TO WIN A COUPLE OF MAJORS ON THE LESBIAN TOUR.

MICHELL I CHANGED MY MIND INSTEAD OF THE NUMBER 2 CAN I GET THE #3 CHICKEN CHOW MEIN,EGG ROLL,AND WHITE RICE

taconite

EOG Addicted
BTJ Wight Or Wong

BTJ Wight Or Wong

You`re still the funniest guy on any forum!! Daddy tell me that lawnmower story again.

minnyace01

EOG Addicted
Update on her qualifying attempt:

Wie is -1 after 6 holes - not bad, but a lot of holes left to play. She has missed a couple of makable birdie putts that may come back to haunt her.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Funny post Beantown :D

Same as Danica and Jr. We're looking for fairy tales stories. News and money of course. Big players in Sensationalism.

I would like it if she posted here.

I don't know if she should compete with Men.

Women wrestled men in the wwf.

minnyace01

EOG Addicted
Update after the first of two rounds -

Michelle Wie shoots 68 (-2) and is in contention to qualify for the Open with 18 holes to play.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
If she qualifies, let her play. But I think she should concentrate on the LPGA first since she's never won there yet.

dirty

EOG Master
Wish she would have made it.......Damn Who else can say at 16 They have finished in the top 3 on 2 LPGA tour events and Almost Qualified for the US Open

No where does it Say Mens US Open...

If they can qualify like everyone else then they deserve to be there... Hell as a Kid she put a poster of Tiger on her was and has aspired to be better than him..... Good Lord Guys and Gals let the Young woman Do what she has to do to see her Dream Come True :cheers

B 2 1

EOG Veteran
Dirtbag, Well said. She truly will be a force to be reckoned with very soon. You're absolutely right that it does not say "Mens" U.S. Open. With her distance it's just a matter of time before she'll have a huge impact on the golf world.