I think it's time

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Nick nurse best nba coach imo
Stevens a distant 2nd
Top 5 in my ratings
1. Spo
2. Nurse (doesn't utilize his size well and also misuses timeouts in 1st halfs)
3. Malone (great D mind but also ignores obvious middle spacing)
4. Steven's (coaches to the level of opposition far too often and let Kyrie take over his team.. that sticks with me)
5. Kerr- best big personality manager in the league. (Couldnt call a meaningful defensive set to save his life)

Nets just fired one of the best basketball minds in the game because they wanted to make sure defense was optional. A real travesty that Atkinson is unemployed but he runs real practices and asks for both side of the court intensity and that doesn't fly I guess.

kane

EOG master
Drink, what's your opinion on Carlisle from Dallas? I've always had great respect for him as a coach, that team that beat Miami never should have from a talent standpoint, seems like he gets the most from his players

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Drink, what's your opinion on Carlisle from Dallas? I've always had great respect for him as a coach, that team that beat Miami never should have from a talent standpoint, seems like he gets the most from his players
Anyone that gets 8 coordinators to run a team with 10 players who see the court nightly has a pretty sizable advantage. The mavs could make anyone coach currently and win alot of games.

They spend incredibly more than anyone else in analyticals, assistants, scouts. Carlisle calls a really clean game but the organization has taken years off recently so its impossible to say if hes lost a step. He never makes any glaring mistakes but I can only remember a handful times in the last 2 years where I was impressed with him.

Like most who watch a lot of games the worst besides anyone the knicks hire for me is Donovan. Too small of sample size for me with Budz in Milwaukee but he is impressive Offensively for sure.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Do you follow the rockets or only Buckeyes?
Alot of great teams the last decade there. One really terrific coach.

I’d say most who went to schools in Ohio other than OSU root for both. Then you have your anti social dropped on their head crowd. These losers didn’t go to Michigan, born in Ohio but thought it cool to be opposite and root for UM. They thought they were the cats ass in the 90’s and again when Harbaugh was hired. But now they just sit in the corner with drool on their face mumbling who else we gonna hire.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I’d say most who went to schools in Ohio other than OSU root for both. Then you have your anti social dropped on their head crowd. These losers didn’t go to Michigan, born in Ohio but thought it cool to be opposite and root for UM. They thought they were the cats ass in the 90’s and again when Harbaugh was hired. But now they just sit in the corner with drool on their face mumbling who else we gonna hire.
To be fair, Toledo and Ann Arbor are basically suburbs of Detroit.

Favorite movie: Goodfellas.... I watch it every Wednesday night before thanksgiving

Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad

Favorite current show: Yellowstone

Favorite book: Into Thin Air by John Krakauer who was on the tragic Mount Everest trip where 8 people died. Krakauer has a special writing skill that makes you feel as though you are right there with everyone on that mountain. I’m a pretty avid reader but only read non fiction

Favorite band: Alice In Chains.... Layne Staley had the most unique voice I’ve ever heard and I loved the brutal honesty of his lyrics. Staley and Cantrell were a perfect blend of haunting harmony.

Favorite female singer: Stevie Nicks

Favorite athlete: Pat Tillman......I’m a Sun Devil grad and he’s not my favorite because of his sacrifice but more for being an extremely intelligent independent thinker who always grooved to the beat of his own drum

Favorite teams: Sun Devils.....Twins.....Broncos

Favorite meal......shrimp enchiladas

Favorite city: Seattle

Last edited:

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Favorite movie: Goodfellas.... I watch it every Wednesday night before thanksgiving

Favorite book: Into Thin Air by John Krakauer who was on the tragic Mount Everest trip where 8 people died. I’m a pretty avid reader but only read non fiction

Favorite band: Alice In Chains.... Layne Staley had the most unique voice I’ve ever heard and I loved the brutal honesty of his lyrics

Favorite athlete: Pat Tillman......I’m a Sun Devil grad and he’s not my favorite because of his sacrifice but more for being an extremely intelligent independent thinker who always grooved to the heat of his own drum

Got me wrong unplugged is top 5 tracks of all time for me.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Today is the 1 year anniversary of my best friend Jay passing away very suddenly. I won't be around for most of the week.

I hope that when I return you guys will have kept this thread going. Its been a really good read and I've enjoyed learning so much about all of you. Thanks

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Today is the 1 year anniversary of my best friend Jay passing away very suddenly. I won't be around for most of the week.

I hope that when I return you guys will have kept this thread going. Its been a really good read and I've enjoyed learning so much about all of you. Thanks
Sorry for your loss mlkshk.

kane

EOG master
Very kind of you. You must be the one person reading conference previews I've been writing:)
The wire was my favorite show ever when it aired. Stop letting others make you crazy, it's a trap!:)
Why Marcus Smart? I have him a tier 3 fringe 2 player.

Love everything about Marcus Smart, very few play the game as hard as he does, love the way he digs in on the defensive end, guy has a heart the size of a watermelon, great teammate, can affect a game without having to score. The beginning of his career he was a terrible shooter, but the last two seasons he's posted the best 3 point shooting percentages of his career, so he's improving his game. He's one of those guys who's stats don't tell the whole story, always on the ground diving for a loose ball. I'll post a video that will tell you all you need to know about him

kane

EOG master
Oh, I almost forgot, last season Smart was named to the NBA's all defensive first team, an honor long overdue

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Craziest 90 day couple? Was Larry F the best catcher of the football ever at Pitt?
If anyone does not know what I'm referring to Google or youtube best Larry Fitzgerald Pittsburgh catches. He has to have been the best IMO.
White wine or red? Recommend a bottle t to everyone that's $20 or less.

Craziest couple anyone that is with Darcy

Larry is obviously a great player it was his off field contributions that made me choose him

Red mostly but wife loves Roses and Sauvignon Blancs so I will indulge

Postmark Cab is solid for the 20 buck range

kane

EOG master

Favorite book: Into Thin Air by John Krakauer who was on the tragic Mount Everest trip where 8 people died. Krakauer has a special writing skill that makes you feel as though you are right there with everyone on that mountain. I’m a pretty avid reader but only read non fiction

Favorite band: Alice In Chains.... Layne Staley had the most unique voice I’ve ever heard and I loved the brutal honesty of his lyrics. Staley and Cantrell were a perfect blend of haunting harmony.

Favorite athlete: Pat Tillman......I’m a Sun Devil grad and he’s not my favorite because of his sacrifice but more for being an extremely intelligent independent thinker who always grooved to the beat of his own drum

I've seen Goodfellas 100 times, will probably see it another 100, and you know how I feel about BB, probably the best thing I've ever seen on television, Cranston with some of the best acting I've ever seen. Big Fleetwood Mac fan, love Stevie Nicks, never thought anything about Tillman as a player, but after doing what he did, I have a huge amount of respect for him, the kind of person they should name schools after, a true American hero

I've seen Goodfellas 100 times, will probably see it another 100, and you know how I feel about BB, probably the best thing I've ever seen on television, Cranston with some of the best acting I've ever seen. Big Fleetwood Mac fan, love Stevie Nicks, never thought anything about Tillman as a player, but after doing what he did, I have a huge amount of respect for him, the kind of person they should name schools after, a true American hero

Met Tillman a few times and was in various social settings with him. I can’t think of anyone I’ve ever met who had such a strong magnetic presence.

My best friend played with him at ASU. When my buddy was a freshman his bike broke down and he was going to be late for practice. On that team freshmen were not treated with much respect or dignity. Tillman (an upperclassman at the time) saw my buddy stranded and had him get on the handlebars while he rode him across campus to the stadium to avoid being late.

railbird

EOG Master
ive got belien 3rd, its a shame he got stuck with a terrible landing spot. put him on clippers where players are obedient and not punks he would do very well

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Big fan. I think I liked Deadwood,The Sapranos and maybe even OZ more but breaking bad was really fucking good.

I have seen them all except Deadwood...... you like that better than BB?

If so I might have to give it a watch.

I've spent more time on NetFlix the last 3 months than my entire life combined.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I have seen them all except Deadwood...... you like that better than BB?

If so I might have to give it a watch.

I've spent more time on NetFlix the last 3 months than my entire life combined.
You may not like it more than BB but the main character is a top 3 character all time in my opinion. Starts out a little slow but I think it's really good.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Met Tillman a few times and was in various social settings with him. I can’t think of anyone I’ve ever met who had such a strong magnetic presence.

My best friend played with him at ASU. When my buddy was a freshman his bike broke down and he was going to be late for practice. On that team freshmen were not treated with much respect or dignity. Tillman (an upperclassman at the time) saw my buddy stranded and had him get on the handlebars while he rode him across campus to the stadium to avoid being late.

Bikes? We all had mopeds at Wisconsin.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Whats a list of your favorite shows Pat? Just started a list to binge

I like so much stuff, I say it's because I'm well rounded, she says it's because I'm a simpleton, LOL. I'm old so not as hip as most of you guys.....

All the crime shows, DateLine, 48Hours, 20/20.... literally seen every one in the last 20 years. Probably my favorite shows.
And all the other crime shows as well - TheFirst48, Snapped, KillerCouples, Murder/Suicide etc...... too many to list.
Like almost any "competition" show - BigBrother, Survivor, TheChallenge, NakedandAfraid (how I enter EOG political threads), UltimateFighter....
Shows you never admit to - 90DayFiance (and all spin-offs), VanderPump Rules, DanceMoms (swear I'm not a pervert, interesting how Abby pushes the kids).....
Series - All have been mentioned, Sopranos, BB, Oz... watching PeakyBlinders right now on NetFlix, kind of early but looks decent.
And of course movies. Movies, ,movies, movies.

Wish I could be more help Heis but I watch a lot of stuff when there is no sports on. Old and retired, I DVR all of this, let is build up, binge and speed through the commercials.

I like so much stuff, I say it's because I'm well rounded, she says it's because I'm a simpleton, LOL. I'm old so not as hip as most of you guys.....

All the crime shows, DateLine, 48Hours, 20/20.... literally seen every one in the last 20 years. Probably my favorite shows.
And all the other crime shows as well - TheFirst48, Snapped, KillerCouples, Murder/Suicide etc...... too many to list.
Like almost any "competition" show - BigBrother, Survivor, TheChallenge, NakedandAfraid (how I enter EOG political threads), UltimateFighter....
Shows you never admit to - 90DayFiance (and all spin-offs), VanderPump Rules, DanceMoms (swear I'm not a pervert, interesting how Abby pushes the kids).....
Series - All have been mentioned, Sopranos, BB, Oz... watching PeakyBlinders right now on NetFlix, kind of early but looks decent.
And of course movies. Movies, ,movies, movies.

Wish I could be more help Heis but I watch a lot of stuff when there is no sports on. Old and retired, I DVR all of this, let is build up, binge and speed through the commercials.

Right on. Like yourself I’m a big fan of the dateline and 48 hours shows.

Thanks for the list-very thorough, you’ve helped a lot(y)

90 Day Fiance is pretty much a scripted show now. Half the stuff they claim on there in recent seasons isn't even how immigration law works. The first couple seasons seemed interesting and real, but then the nonsense got them an audience so now it's just fake people with made up stories and sensationalized shit.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
90 Day Fiance is pretty much a scripted show now. Half the stuff they claim on there in recent seasons isn't even how immigration law works. The first couple seasons seemed interesting and real, but then the nonsense got them an audience so now it's just fake people with made up stories and sensationalized shit.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine🤣🤣🤣

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Alright gents
Favorite live sporting event you have attended of all time? Game 163 padres vs Rockies and holiday slide in extra innings

Do you like the NL DH and extra innings player starts on 2nd? I hate the extra innings rule, fine with the DH.

Least favorite city or town you've spent too much time in? Boston, MA. For me

Things you'll spend money on regardless of financial situation or normally frugal? My dog gets groomed weekly and spent 40k on vet Bills last 3 years of my old dogs life. Refuse to shop at whole foods because of the prices.

Top 3 albums of all time-
Led zeppelin- Led Zeppelin 2
Kendrick Lamar-Good kid, maad city
Mac Miller-Swimming (weird time in my life)

Worst vice- I drink way too much caffeine and am fully addicted to online shopping. Its non sensical. The amazon algorithm is a death blow every since the shutdown began

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Alright gents
Favorite live sporting event you have attended of all time? Game 163 padres vs Rockies and holiday slide in extra innings

Do you like the NL DH and extra innings player starts on 2nd? I hate the extra innings rule, fine with the DH.

Least favorite city or town you've spent too much time in? Boston, MA. For me

Things you'll spend money on regardless of financial situation or normally frugal? My dog gets groomed weekly and spent 40k on vet Bills last 3 years of my old dogs life. Refuse to shop at whole foods because of the prices.

Top 3 albums of all time-
Led zeppelin- Led Zeppelin 2
Kendrick Lamar-Good kid, maad city
Mac Miller-Swimming (weird time in my life)

Worst vice- I drink way too much caffeine and am fully addicted to online shopping. Its non sensical. The amazon algorithm is a death blow every since the shutdown began
Saints vs Rams playoff game 2000 (1st Saints playoff win lol).Pacquio vs Morales 1 2nd choice..