EOG master
Standup comic....David Chappelle...Smothers Brothers
First celebrity crush...Loni Anderson..Phoebe Cates
Favorite junk food...Tastykakes
First car...1961 Ford Fairlane
Most beautiful place....Maui
Favorite movie...Let It Ride, Shawshank Redemption
Favorite athlete of today...Tiger Woods and Mike Trout

Whenever I see her name, this is what I always think of, the scene of her coming out of the pool from Fast Times

1593360749328.png

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
solid first crushes up in here

iwas gonna go with i dream of jeannie but Pam Grier's tiddies were often out and about back in the day

what a yellow zonker is no clue, sound like a name for a strain of bud

love this thread great work lads good job drinker
It was sort of a butter toffee popcorn in a box.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I am floored by how many different answers and thoughts on topics from posters I have read for years off and on.
Sadly next month I won't have the time per usual to post as much.
I'd like to share some new music each week. One song/video per genre and you guys rate them 1-10
If you really like something please share why or possibly who it might remind you of. I'm obsessed with music and a few posters turned me onto some new sounds this past few weeks.
No politics in this thread and if you hate a track feel free to say so.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Glass Animals -

It's not nearly as bad as I expected. It's a genre I don't listen to much. I doubt I would listen to an hour of their stuff, but that wasn't bad at all. I'm trying to think who it sounds like.

Anyhoo, I'll give it a 5, maybe a 6 on a good day.

A couple of channels I listen to that this would fit into is 92.5 The River Boston, and 93.1 XRT Chicago.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

The 1975
Hard rock
Just insane energy from a former pop band who got pissed off like so many young people are currently it seems
solid 7

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Tame impala
Experimental rock
Seems like they knew something was gonna happen when they recorded this in December
4 Not my thing personally but very good vibes

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Never really saw the popularity in the Black-Eyed Peas, this song isn't bad though - 4

The 1975 is the sound I wish Jack White did more of. Basically expanded on the White Stripes sound. A easy 8, possibly a 9 on a good day. XM plays some of their stuff.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I think that will do for the week as far as new music. Rate them if you would like. Should make for some interesting chatter. I left hip hop out as I was told to know my audience when discussing Killer Mike 6 weeks ago and by the way his show on netflix is pretty impressive.
Thanks and please share new tunes or just anything that you are jamming out to currently.

Valuist

EOG Master
Standup; Jim Gaffigan, Sebastian Maniscalco
First celeb crush: Marcia Brady (Maureen McCormick) and Laurie Partridge (Susan Dey)
Recent fave junk food: Chik Fil A milkshakes
Most beautiful place:; Kauai
First car: 1972 Mustang
Favorite movie: Fargo & Big Lebowski
Favorite current athlete: Anthony Rizzo

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Tame impala
Experimental rock
Seems like they knew something was gonna happen when they recorded this in December
4 Not my thing personally but very good vibes

I could listen to this quite a bit. Can't picture who it sounds like, but it reminds me a lot of some late 90's alt. - 7

Valuist

EOG Master
Roth was VH. I'm a big Hagar fan, just not in VH. A lot of the change in style was because of Eddie. I saw VH/Hagar live 3-4 times, reminded me of the sober Aerosmith.

Pretty good analogy. I definitely preferred the Rocks/Toys in the Attic version of Aerosmith over the Love in an Elevator version.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Alright gents
Favorite live sporting event you have attended of all time? Ohio State vs Xavier 2007 NCAA tournament in Lexington KY. Bucks rally from 9 down in the last 3 minutes including a three in the last seconds to tie by Ron Lewis. Won going away in OT.

Do you like the NL DH and extra innings player starts on 2nd? Nothing is normal so hell why not on both.

Least favorite city or town you've spent too much time in? Spartanburg SC. Shit hole of mostly low income housing projects and minimal places to go out and have an evening.

Things you'll spend money on regardless of financial situation or normally frugal? Golf and fishing gear

Top 3 albums of all time-

Rumors Fleetwood Mac
Joshua Tree U2
Nebraska Bruce Springsteen

Worst vice- Fast food. Terrible about meal planning and always feel I’m in a rush especially at lunch time

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Was that Robert Plant's post Zep band? I thought the album Jimmy Page did with Coverdale was solid. I've been a Coverdale fan since his days in Deep Purple.

Roger's and Page. Huge flop but I'm such a Page fan I still bought the vinyl about 5 years ago reissued.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
did you play any youth sports ? sports in highschool? adult leauge sports?
I think I told you this before but stepfather was ex minor leaguer and pushed me very hard. Played in cape cod and Austin, Tx little league and junior high baseball and basketball. Freshman basketball. Left home at 15. Played on YMCA hoops leagues from 18-21 in the downtown Denver location...I was outclassed bad lol. Softball league until about 5 years ago when the cold just didnt appeal to me much. Part of a 14er group last 4 years but lungs arent great currently. Still getting up to 12k 2x a week but it's a struggle:(
Why do you ask?

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Alright gents
Favorite live sporting event you have attended of all time? Ohio State vs Xavier 2007 NCAA tournament in Lexington KY. Bucks rally from 9 down in the last 3 minutes including a three in the last seconds to tie by Ron Lewis. Won going away in OT.

Do you like the NL DH and extra innings player starts on 2nd? Nothing is normal so hell why not on both.

Least favorite city or town you've spent too much time in? Spartanburg SC. Shit hole of mostly low income housing projects and minimal places to go out and have an evening.

Things you'll spend money on regardless of financial situation or normally frugal? Golf and fishing gear

Top 3 albums of all time-

Rumors Fleetwood Mac
Joshua Tree U2
Nebraska Bruce Springsteen

Worst vice- Fast food. Terrible about meal planning and always feel I’m in a rush especially at lunch time

Have a good friend that told me hes spent 40k in the last decade golfing and hes far from wealthy! I'm frugal on hiking gear and spend maybe 300 a yr replacing gear I'd guess.