I think it's time

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
The Firm had a lot of hype when it was released. It just seemed like they were neutered on both albums. A good deep cut is Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Did you know that the Firm was tried as a rap supergroup 20 years later? It flopped as well. Nas, Foxy Brown and like 5 others. Nas is a music historian so I'm sure the name was his idea.

What was the name of the swan song the firm did? Tried looking through albums earlier but couldn't remember name of track.

railbird

EOG Master
Non California courses i played as a traveling ticket scalper in the 1990s. Falcons fire-orlando. Tampa stpete airport course, torn down. West seattle, couer d lene, tijuana cc, uga course in athens,

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Did you know that the Firm was tried as a rap supergroup 20 years later? It flopped as well. Nas, Foxy Brown and like 5 others. Nas is a music historian so I'm sure the name was his idea.

What was the name of the swan song the firm did? Tried looking through albums earlier but couldn't remember name of track.
I’ll have to look, the track doesn’t ring a bell by that reference.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Non California courses i played as a traveling ticket scalper in the 1990s. Falcons fire-orlando. Tampa stpete airport course, torn down. West seattle, couer d lene, tijuana cc, uga course in athens,
It’s been trending this was for a while, but will physical tickets be a thing of the past with the pandemic?

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Have a good friend that told me hes spent 40k in the last decade golfing and hes far from wealthy! I'm frugal on hiking gear and spend maybe 300 a yr replacing gear I'd guess.
I am fortunate in that my job covers greens fees sometimes. But I’d put together ash tray and couch change to play a round if need be. Damn sport is the one that has never come natural to me and I’m on a mission to improve.

skinny

EOG Addicted
Anything live with Page is good imo.
Had tickets to see Zeppelin live in Pittsburgh in 1979.
Robert Plant's kid died a month before the show and they cancelled the rest of the tour.
John Bohman died the the following year, and they disbanded.
Did get to see the page- plant tour years later.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Had tickets to see Zeppelin live in Pittsburgh in 1979.
Robert Plant's kid died a month before the show and they cancelled the rest of the tour.
John Bohman died the the following year, and they disbanded.
Did get to see the page- plant tour years later.
That's tragic on so many levels you couldnt even compain about it properly to friends. Guys kid dies is kind of off limits I'd guess in the old complaint box.

Does bring up two new questions though.
Best concert you've attended?
Worst concert experience you've had?

skinny

EOG Addicted
That's tragic on so many levels you couldnt even compain about it properly to friends. Guys kid dies is kind of off limits I'd guess in the old complaint box.

Does bring up two new questions though.
Best concert you've attended?
Worst concert experience you've had?
J. Geils and George thorogood together in pitt late 70's. Tremendous energy.
Worst was Neil young when he did a concert that was basically a play on stage. He didn't tell anyone that he was going to do that.
Didn't sing any of his songs people came to see

billysink

EOG Dedicated
J. Geils and George thorogood together in pitt late 70's. Tremendous energy.
Worst was Neil young when he did a concert that was basically a play on stage. He didn't tell anyone that he was going to do that.
Didn't sing any of his songs people came to see

J. Geils was huge in Detroit, I saw the Freeze frame show, Flamethrower got a ton of play along with Centerfold and the title track.

Magic Dick was a show stopper in those tours

skinny

EOG Addicted
J. Geils was huge in Detroit, I saw the Freeze frame show, Flamethrower got a ton of play along with Centerfold and the title track.

Magic Dick was a show stopper in those tours
No doubt, tremendous energy.
I think they were from Boston.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Best concert you've attended? Metallica (Justice For a All tour) with The Cult. So many others I could name.

Worst concert experience you've had? Probably the one I missed - SR Vaughn at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo. It was his 2nd to last show.

About LZ at the end- the personal tragedies they suffered just may have cemented their legacy. They were starting to go into a different direction musically, far more keyboards. I would have to see them have 8-10 great years and 10 more of filler.

kane

EOG master
Best Concert: I wont count the numerous times I've seen Boston since they're my favorite band, so I'll go with Springsteen and REM

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Saw Miles Davis a few times in smaller venues in Toronto, nothing ever really move me like that before or after

Somewhere between electricity and bliss was that sound.

One funk of a music man

Tutu album a highly recommended listen but nothing close to his live act.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
somewhere in Mass. yes.

Detroit adopted them before they were mainstream, the were a funk and R&B, blues act.

Some of their early tracks are pure Motown
I always wanted to see J Geils. They were a Boston area band, but they were HUGE in Detroit. What a great party band.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Best concert- I have a really odd one. Red rocks Kid Cudi opened for empire of the sun.. this was like circus soile at red rocks! Kid cudi cried on stage because he was so overcome with (mushrooms I'd imagine) emotion and then elephants took the stage lol.. it was one of the best nights of my life.

Worst concert experience- Lauryn hill red rocks. Most artists once in a lifetime opportunity to play there. She was 2 hours late and then put on a hour and half set of funk to fugees tracks.. entire place cleared out by 10 pm. 130 a ticket.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
All the leans you ever gave me Drnk, you would never pay a dime - FACT.
That's very kind but you and anyone visiting my city alongside me will be hard pressed to pay for anything.

So I called a dear friend who's my concert brother who also worked at red rocks trail cleanup (you get 5 free shows a year and a huge discount on all tickets but you work your tail off) for 5 years. I asked Top 5 shows in red rocks last 40 years. He only goes back 20 same as me. We named our best but then I googled and YouTube best shows of red rocks history.

Anyone care to try to name any of them without googling?
Young or old youd be shocked by the #1 ranked of all time. Theres footage. Hint They've been mentioned in this thread a few times.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
U2
Grateful Dead (of some form)
Blues Traveler
Dave Matthews
Phish

Sharp!
U2 number 1!
The rest of the list is kind of predictable except one for most.
1. U2
2. Mumford and sons
3. Tom petty & the heartbreakers
4. Phish
5. Odesza- local artists EDM. Play 3 nights every year and sell out in like 2 minutes.

Skrillex is actually the reason that Morrison put the noise ordinance in back in 2014. Hes never been invited back I'd guess lol.