Winkyduck Challenge for March....presented by Winkyduck (Winkyduck is our March contestant)

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
I wasn't gonna do it but since y'all want me to do it

Pays: 13.99

NHL: Kings AND Sabres BOTH +178...........Avs -327
NBA ML: Phoenix -303 AND Nets -854

pretty sure winky has me on ignore because of his nephews diabetes....but if he sees it, l'm letting him know i'm pulling for this last play to hit......would make posting forum history

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Not that it matters at this point. Not that anything matters at this point but the Suns game will almost positively not be graded in March. You lost, Kinky. Hand the ball to JK and walk off the field.

**The play must be graded in March

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This manchild was a youth basketball ref. Can only imagine howid much he fucked up the games. Hopefully they didn't let him in the locker room like Gym's trainer.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Not that it matters at this point. Not that anything matters at this point but the Suns game will almost positively not be graded in March. You lost, Kinky. Hand the ball to JK and walk off the field.

Winky probably won't bother to respond, but the Suns game will start a little after 7pm Pacific time, so unless lots of OT, it will be graded by 10pm (March 31)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winky probably won't bother to respond, but the Suns game will start a little after 7pm Pacific time, so unless lots of OT, it will be graded by 10pm (March 31)

I did respond. Kings game might not end much sooner.

Nets and Sabres are IN (Sabres up 4-1 late in 3P - they won't blow it). Avs up 4-1 in 1P. Think Suns get there so only fitting the team I have lived and died with (mostly the latter) will determine my fate. If it is like most Kings game they will be up a goal late in 3P. Vegas will pull the goalie. Score an extra attacker goal and win in OT or SO

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
holy shit....he's going to win this thing....jk has to get this format approved for a winky run at a month of his choice.....cant argue at this outcome....it will be impressive if pulled off

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Update (edit 9:21PM PDT):

Sabres W 6-1
Nets W 120-108
Avs W 9-3
Suns W 121-116
Kings 4-2 8:36 left 3P

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Question for Computer Bob. If I had action on my no bet of Kinky this thread with a poster and there was a *disagreement on whether Kinky legitimately won the thread by winning 5 units based on his original rules and total grading. And we agreed to have you decide. Would you rule I have to pay the bet?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Question for Computer Bob. If I had action on my no bet of Kinky this thread with a poster and there was a *disagreement on whether Kinky legitimately won the thread by winning 5 units based on his original rules and total grading. And we agreed to have you decide. Would you rule I have to pay the bet?

If it was based on the original rules, I would say NO ACTION since the rule changes made later did allow more than 30 picks.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Just goes to show proper long term strategy and proper tournament strategy, shall we call this, are two vastly different things.

Yep, as any avid reader of this thread would know, I ran 6 contests silently, just PMing selections to JK. All 6 had unique picks, and all 6 finished as contest winners, exceeding 5 units of profit. Also I did not resort to using a parlay in any of them. The secret is to win the contest with a reasonable ROI and not bet 50/50 sides or totals until you have a guaranteed win.

Last edited:

Bushay

NHL Expert
lol!!!!!

Winky with the big "He who laughs last, laughs best" FU to all his haters. It was almost like he sucked them all into this thread on purpose to piss on them the last day! Nice going Winky! That's the way you do it.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Way to go Winky! Way to shut the haters up.

Nobody thought you could pull off a make believe contest with no actual winning prize and make believe plays with a make believe hail mary parlay on the last day! You really showed them!

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
lol!!!!!

Winky with the big "He who laughs last, laughs best" FU to all his haters. It was almost like he sucked them all into this thread on purpose to piss on them the last day! Nice going Winky! That's the way you do it.

Yeah ok...that’s what happened lol. The guy starts a look at me contest where it’s nothing but air bets and gets beat into the ground on said air bets and than has to begged to make one final Hail Mary air bet that hits. Way to piss on the haters.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
OK - so much to unpack here.

I "won" this but really don't feel like I did.

First 5-teamer I have hit since 1985 so great time for that and a pair of +180ish dogs easily cashing helped. As JK pointed out the NHL plays won by 13 goals - almost as much as the 2 NBA games

JK will say it later but I will be the November contestant in the "Grand Challenge" where the rules are very different.

As for the 2 plays of 0.5 units: I never make them if they are 1 unit plays each and 1 of the pushes was Liberty +9 for the better price when +9.5 would have gotten me the win

Glad I could give all here something to talk about. I promise y'all there will be something down the line that will make this seem insignificant.

And Tuesday I will be posting a new Blog entry, It is something I think all will enjoy reading.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I have made no secret of my thoughts on the EOG Grand Challenge. No need to re-hash them here.

I told JK what I wanted to do and he had no issue with it so for March we will (also) have the

Winkyduck Challenge. The goal for the month is: UP at least +5.00 units

Since it is my contest I get to make the rules and the rules are very simple:

**I can submit a play on ANYTHING I WANT! As long as it has a line from a LEGIT online book – I can submit it as a play. Will the last number of the daily closing of NASDAQ be an Odd or Even number? That can be done (It won’t be). Will “Person X” be eliminated from a certain reality based contest where people call in votes every week? That can be done. If I choose to play a soccer game with an Asian Handicap, something like playing a 2.25 total – meaning the chance for 0.5 of the play to be a PUSH and 0.5 to be a Win/Loss – I can do it! An in-game play? Can be done! A 3-team parlay? Can be done!

**If the play ends in a PUSH – that is how it will be graded. I will not be allowed to submit another pick

**An arbitrary 18-12 record or 60% is not the goal. That comes out to +4.8 units. If I go 12-18 but I end up +5.00 units, or better – the Challenge is a successful one. With 31 days and only 30 plays it means I can take 1 day off or submit a play all 31 days.

Other than that – there are no additional rules. If I want to play a -300 fave, I can (Don’t count on it). If I wanna play a +300 dog, I can (Maybe? 50/50 it happens).

So let the Challenge (and all comments I know will follow) happen. Just make the comments good ones and not lame.

Edit on March 4: Slight change of rules:

The goal is to pick the 30 lays I like the most. Whatever day they are played. So starting March 4:

**I can pick as many games on any day as I like. If I want to play 5 games in 1 day - I can.

**I avoided some games because they could have ended in a PUSH. So from now on plays will only count if they end in a result. Plays that end up as a PUSH will not count and only plays where a Win/Loss results will be counted.

And I'll actually follow the rules.