George Clooney Explains Why He Gave 14 Close Friends $1 Million Each

"The actor told GQ that he enlisted the help of “a couple of security guys that were s***ting themselves” to get all $14 million in cash.

It’s a tale that seems straight out of Hollywood. Mostly because it is.
George Clooney has finally confirmed that he once gave 14 close friends $1 million each, corroborating the years-old story in an interview with GQ in honor of his being named the magazine’s Icon of the Year.
The actor’s close friend and Casamigos business partner Rande Gerber first relayed the story about the suitcases stuffed with cash back in 2017, but this is the first time the famous prankster has opened up about the gift himself. And luckily for his friends, it wasn’t a prank ― just an incredible way to say “thank you.”

“Amal and I had just met, but we weren’t dating at all,” Clooney told GQ, recalling his mindset in 2013. “I was a single guy. All of us were aging. I was 52 or something. And most of my friends are older than me.”
“And I thought, what I do have are these guys who’ve all, over a period of 35 years, helped me in one way or another,” he said, listing everything his friends had done for him.

“They helped me when I needed help over the years. And I’ve helped them over the years. We’re all good friends,” he said. “And I thought, you know, without them I don’t have any of this. And we’re all really close, and I just thought basically if I get hit by a bus, they’re all in the will. So why the fuck am I waiting to get hit by a bus?”

So Clooney got a van with “Florist” painted on the side of it ― naturally ― and picked up the cash from a location in Los Angeles that housed “giant pallets” of money.
Alongside “a couple of security guys that were shitting themselves,” the actor stuffed the goods into 14 Tumi suitcases ― a plan that seems straight out of one of his “Ocean’s Eleven” heists.

After getting the money together, Clooney said, he asked his friends to come over the next day.
“And I just held up a map and I just pointed to all the places I got to go in the world and all the things I’ve gotten to see because of them,” the director told the magazine.
“And I said, ‘How do you repay people like that?’ And I said, ‘Oh, well: How about a million bucks?’ And the fun part about it was: That was the 27th, the 28th of September,” he said. “A year later, on the 27th of September, just by happenstance, was the day I got married.”

Gerber spoke about the incredible experience on MSNBC’s “Headliners” show in 2017.
“George begins to say, ‘Listen, I want you guys to know how much you’ve meant to me and how much you mean to me in my life,’” Gerber said. “‘I came to LA, I slept on your couch. I’m so fortunate in my life to have all of you and I couldn’t be where I am today without all of you. So, it was really important to me that while we’re still all here together, that I give back. So I want you all to open your suitcases.’”
The businessman said that all of Clooney’s friends were “in shock” after seeing their million-dollar cash gifts, which the actor said he’d already paid the taxes on, as well.
“One [friend] was working at a bar in Texas at the airport, trying just to support his family,” Gerber said. “Rides a bicycle to work every day. I mean, these are guys that took care of George and now he’s giving it all back.”
Gerber, who is married to Cindy Crawford and has his own successful business ventures, said he tried to give the money back to Clooney at the time ― but the actor wasn’t having it.
“I pull him aside and said, ‘I absolutely am not taking this million dollars,’” he added. “Immediately George goes, ‘I’m just going to make one announcement. If Rande doesn’t take the million dollars, nobody gets’” their money.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/geor...nds-1-million-each_n_5fb3ef30c5b6a466467151b4

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/geo...-gave-14-close-friends-1-million-each.743459/

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And yes, it is a lie. What Clooney described is impossible or unrealistic in many ways. Even before bitcoin I presume, you write a check or do a bank transfer. You don't do 14 million in MIchael Cash. I never liked the asshole and I never will.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
And yes, it is a lie. What Clooney described is impossible or unrealistic in many ways. Even before bitcoin I presume, you write a check or do a bank transfer. You don't do 14 million in MIchael Cash. I never liked the asshole and I never will.

Classic Dumb Dude!. He does like killer cop Derek Chauvin, sexual predator, hardline criminal Matty and sexual predator, most famous Grifter Adolph Trump. All 3 Republicon white supremacists.

I did it again. The redundancy. I need to stop that.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Dumb Dude doesn't like him. Lol

Shocker considering his role models. Derek Chauvin, Matty G., Rudy G. and Adolph Trump. Not Shocking.

"Dumb Dude don't answer Bigrunner".
- TeddyNazi

Dell Dude

EOG Master
So you are going to go through the enormous and dangerous operation of putting $14 million in 14 briefcases which the 14 recipients will also have to deposit under enormous and dangerous conditions. You've already paid taxes on the $14 million? Wait, what. howid you do that? Treated them as employers or LLC payments or listed as gifts? Again, very difficult. Have to get it precise to avoid money laundering problems. You did all that and now telling the story to a media personality who will just eat it all up and spit it out with no scepticism led alone verification which of course makes Clooney look like a legend. Prince Hairy and his shit mobile wife couldn't even tell the truth about their fake backdoor BBQ wedding. All these people do is lie and gaslight. They can do that because everybody is in on it. Nobody will call them out. If they do, they get canceled and silenced.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
As far as Matty, I have made clear if he was stupid enough to leave a money trail for his gentlemen adventures, he's on his own. Do that shit yourself. Don't bring in some shady asshole who is going to sing like that chink on American Idol. Even if it is legal, it looks bad and that's all the media needs to pound him unconscious.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
So you are going to go through the enormous and dangerous operation of putting $14 million in 14 briefcases which the 14 recipients will also have to deposit under enormous and dangerous conditions. You've already paid taxes on the $14 million? Wait, what. howid you do that? Treated them as employers or LLC payments or listed as gifts? Again, very difficult. Have to get it precise to avoid money laundering problems. You did all that and now telling the story to a media personality who will just eat it all up and spit it out with no scepticism led alone verification which of course makes Clooney look like a legend. Prince Hairy and his shit mobile wife couldn't even tell the truth about their fake backdoor BBQ wedding. All these people do is lie and gaslight. They can do that because everybody is in on it. Nobody will call them out. If they do, they get canceled and silenced.

Here is a thread about a celebrity that hass nothing to do with politics. At all.
Bigrunner's response?
"Derp de derp de teedily derp, Trump is a Nazi. Derp de derp de teedily tum, I hate Republicons and Dell Dude. Derp derp derp, everyone who disagrees with me about anything is a retard and a Nazi!!!"

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Do you believe George Clooney's story, Dummy?

I don't care. I believe in fairness and the American way. The exact opposite of your ideology. And that's why your role models are:
Matty G., Rudy G, Adolph Trump, Derek Chauvin, Vlady Putin and MTG.

What a fuken loser.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't care. I believe in fairness and the American way. The exact opposite of your ideology. And that's why your role models are:
Matty G., Rudy G, Adolph Trump, Derek Chauvin, Vlady Putin and MTG.

What a fuken loser.
The opportunity to succeed is the American Way. Many countries don’t offer this.

mr merlin

EOG Master
i dont know if the story is true or not, but it could be true, yes you can hand people a bag of cash, and yes gift taxes are owed by the giver, not the recipient. And Yes if they received it they can certainly go to their bank and deposit it without a single concern as far as reporting goes.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Clooney is a POS

A remark like this coming from a complete fuken idiot like you is a significant tell. George Clooney is obviously a very decent person. Your comment is similar to when Benedict Donald continually says "No collusion". We knew there was collusion. So you continue to project yourself onto George Clooney and every knows you're the piece of shit and Clooney is the good guy.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Hey, Dummy. Besides the late not great Guesser and MIA kane, what current poster(s) do you like and respect? You are acting like that white Eagles receiver who wanted to jump the fence and fight every mobile.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Hey, Dummy. Besides the late not great Guesser and MIA kane, what current poster(s) do you like and respect? You are acting like that white Eagles receiver who wanted to jump the fence and fight every mobile.

Anyone who isn't an blatant Nazi or blatantly ignorant. Some say what Maxine Waters did was worse than Benedict inciting an insurrection. Comments like that are pure ignorance.

I understand so many here at EOG have a problem with an anti Nazi activist infiltrating a gambling forum prevalent with white supremacist and Nazi's. It is what it is. Deal with it but don't go running to JK to fight your battles.

justintalk

EOG Veteran
I'm always running bad. I used to hang out with george and the last thing he told me was I would always be his 15 best friend.