Most Interesting Pick In NFL Draft

Heim

EOG Master
Trey Lance has gone from +350 to +180 as the #3 since the weekend.

I don't think that's square money.

Trey Lance has gone from +350 to +180 as the #3 since the weekend.

I don't think that's square money.

Perhaps but Jones still minus money. If it was a sure thing Lance would be in the minus territory. I think this has all been a process, first we got to where Wilson was huge minus money. Now figuring this slot out and money moving into #4 slot. In the end I think sharps are reacting to what teams are saying and what the prospects are saying, but the GMs making the call have a simple job of telling absolutely no one what the final decision will be. So there are no certainties, just reactions.

Teddy Bridgewater to Denver for a 6th rounder.

That was pretty much a steal by the Broncos. Not only is the pick worth little but getting the Panthers to eat $7m of his contract. Even if he doesn't start paying him $3m on an expiring deal is a no brainer. They paid Driskel that much last year to be the #2 and man he was horrendous.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
That was pretty much a steal by the Broncos. Not only is the pick worth little but getting the Panthers to eat $7m of his contract. Even if he doesn't start paying him $3m on an expiring deal is a no brainer. They paid Driskel that much last year to be the #2 and man he was horrendous.

Agree. As a Broncos fan I like this deal a lot

You think Edelman gets in the Hall with his regular season numbers??

His playoff and Super Bowl games might....
I was asked this last week by a co worker my initial response was no way could a guy who’s always been a middle to late round fantasy football draft pick be a HOF’er.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I agree. NE probably wishes they had that offer.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Perhaps but Jones still minus money. If it was a sure thing Lance would be in the minus territory. I think this has all been a process, first we got to where Wilson was huge minus money. Now figuring this slot out and money moving into #4 slot. In the end I think sharps are reacting to what teams are saying and what the prospects are saying, but the GMs making the call have a simple job of telling absolutely no one what the final decision will be. So there are no certainties, just reactions.

If Lance doesn't go at 1.3, how far does he fall? Fanduel has Lance O/U 7.5 pick, the under is -188.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
NE is supposedly trying to get a deal done for Garappolo.
The other interesting picks will be Atlanta's at 1.4 and Detroit at 1.7. Atlanta is sitting in a great spot as they have the first non-qb pick and Detroit can move down a little also.

If SF trades Jimmy G, the return will be interesting.

The other interesting picks will be Atlanta's at 1.4 and Detroit at 1.7. Atlanta is sitting in a great spot as they have the first non-qb pick and Detroit can move down a little also.

If SF trades Jimmy G, the return will be interesting.

Sounds like at best its a 3rd rounder, might be as low as a 5th. Niners are in no position to demand much, they want to get rid of his contract.

I think teams might try to make a move for Fields, but Lance is a guy teams will wait for and see if he falls to them. Few teams have the situation or patience to give a high first rounder a redshirt year. The Broncos might be the most likely spot for him, they now can afford to wait most or all of a season.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Sounds like at best its a 3rd rounder, might be as low as a 5th. Niners are in no position to demand much, they want to get rid of his contract.

I think teams might try to make a move for Fields, but Lance is a guy teams will wait for and see if he falls to them. Few teams have the situation or patience to give a high first rounder a redshirt year. The Broncos might be the most likely spot for him, they now can afford to wait most or all of a season.
I have a bad feeling the Bears will be one of those teams who will try to catch the falling knife with Fields.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I wouldn't want to be in charge of having the final say on some of these guys going top 10. When its all said and done I believe a lot of these guys are going to be busts.

Late money showing for Lance at 3 and for the first four picks to be QB. Amazingly DraftKings hasn't adjusted their top five pick odds accordingly. I got Lawrence/Wilson/Lance/Fields/Chase to be the first 5 for 20-1. MGM has first four picks to be QB at -140 so unless the betting public is wrong with its move on Lance today this has incredible value.

Still a lot of speculation and guessing, but at 20-1 for something that seems very plausible based on the betting that's a steal.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Late money showing for Lance at 3 and for the first four picks to be QB. Amazingly DraftKings hasn't adjusted their top five pick odds accordingly. I got Lawrence/Wilson/Lance/Fields/Chase to be the first 5 for 20-1. MGM has first four picks to be QB at -140 so unless the betting public is wrong with its move on Lance today this has incredible value.

Still a lot of speculation and guessing, but at 20-1 for something that seems very plausible based on the betting that's a steal.
Its down now.

Heim

EOG Master
This is really a fun time of year for NFL rumor and innuendo.

Now Aaron Rodgers wants out of GB and of course hometown Frisco showing interest. 🙄

NFL = TMZ......on draft day.

P.S. Now Lance -130. 2 weeks ago you could have had him for +430

Heim

EOG Master
When he gets picked 15th are you going to think about 12 teams were nuts?

He is odd man out in the #3 speculation. It's all Jones and Lance leading up to draft. Which makes me think Smith. Frisco has to be leaking all this shit, and the gamblers are eating it up.

i think zach wilson is much the best in this draft. trevor is overrated, the nodak st and ohio st qbs are clowns, the tennis player from bama has a chance to be good. nyj and jacksonville are both shitholes tho.
Ironic that the QB you claim is the best will be replacing the QB you said the same thing about only 3 years ago in 2018 draft

cheapseats

EOG Master
This is really a fun time of year for NFL rumor and innuendo.

Now Aaron Rodgers wants out of GB and of course hometown Frisco showing interest. 🙄

NFL = TMZ......on draft day.

P.S. Now Lance -130. 2 weeks ago you could have had him for +430
Just wants to be close to his other gig, hosting Jeopardy.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Such a beast and great spot for Harris on Pittsburgh. He's going to kill it. I just know it. Tomlin got a prize.

A few hours before the start of the 2021 NFL draft, former Alabama star Najee Harris visited a homeless shelter, Greater Richmond Interfaith Program (GRIP), as they hosted a draft watch party in his honor.

It was a homecoming of sorts for the Steelers' No. 24 pick, as Harris, his four siblings and his parents lived in that shelter for several years growing up.

Such a beast and great spot for Harris on Pittsburgh. He's going to kill it. I just know it. Tomlin got a prize.

A few hours before the start of the 2021 NFL draft, former Alabama star Najee Harris visited a homeless shelter, Greater Richmond Interfaith Program (GRIP), as they hosted a draft watch party in his honor.

It was a homecoming of sorts for the Steelers' No. 24 pick, as Harris, his four siblings and his parents lived in that shelter for several years growing up.

Good guy, but playing behind a terrible line. Might take a few years for him to be able to show much.

kane

EOG master
i think zach wilson is much the best in this draft. trevor is overrated, the nodak st and ohio st qbs are clowns, the tennis player from bama has a chance to be good. nyj and jacksonville are both shitholes tho.
Much the best in the draft, LMAO

kane

EOG master
Mac Jones is nothing more than Christian Ponder

I fully expect him to be a BUST

Go ahead folks, name me the last great Alabama QB. Ken Stabler - 50 years ago. Anyone got another name

Whoever takes Jones in 2021 will be looking for another QB in the 2025 draft. And the people picking in 2025 might not be the same ones who picked in 2021
Great call Winky

Dell Dude

EOG Master
kane is settling scores by bumping old threads. Should I find and bump the thread where kane posted about Tom Brady throwing 60 plus times in the wild card last year?